Custom Portraits (optional)

Home Forums Getting Started Downloads Custom Portraits (optional)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Beowulf November 23, 2006 at 6:54 pm.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Thrym
    Thrym
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs: Grottle, Gruzk, Ashimar

This thread is for posting your custom portait links.

If you do not have a place to store your compressed portrait online please contact me via the PM below.

Thrym

Thrym
    Thrym
    Keymaster

All right. I took the time to upload a listing of the new portraits available for download.
    You can click this link to download the file … Download Portrait File.
    There are a variety of portraits. I may add more later.
    Do not upload any of these to the Vault as these are based on other people’s work. We can use them for personal use.

INSTRUCTIONS:
    1. Download the file directly to your portraits folder.
    2. Right click the folder and select “Extract Here.”
    3. Done.

Slaxxy22
    • Markshire PCs:

how does one find a portrait they are using? I’m using a portrait from some pack I downloaded long ago, and my portrait directory is just plum full of pics, so what’s the easiest way to find that portrait so I can upload it to here and everyone can see it?

The easiest method is to open the TGA files in a program that supports them. With luck, the file is named something appropriate to the picture.

The other option is to check the place you got it from. If from the vault do a search and you’ll probably be able to locate it. Then we’ll post the link to the vault version.

Let me know if you find it. I’ll upload it in RAR form for others to download.

Anonymous
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

got any good suggestions as to what programs are good to use for easy viewing?

Thrym
    Thrym
    Keymaster

@anonymous wrote:

got any good suggestions as to what programs are good to use for easy viewing?

Photoshop is the first one that comes to mind. Check out … http://www.download.com/IrfanView/3000-2192_4-10335353.html?tag=lst-0-2

That’s Irfanview and it’s shareware.

That should do the trick.

Thrym
    Thrym
    Keymaster

A Simple Reminder About Custom Portraits

We will host any custom portrait that is currently in use by a PC.

Please send them to hrogath@markshire.com and I will upload them to our website for others to download. At the very least I will add a link to the website you got it from.

I will also add the link to the custom portraits section and to your signature.

I saw a few PCs with default portraits roaming the server so get those portraits to me so we can all see what you see.

theshep
    • Markshire PCs:

@thrym wrote:

That’s Irfanview and it’s shareware.

I believe it is freeware, unless it recently changed to shareware.

Thrym
    Thrym
    Keymaster

After checking further you are correct. It is Freeware. Thanks for the correction.

The software is the property of Irfan Skiljan and the official website for the software is … http://www.irfanview.com/

Lt. Tyler
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

Here’s the link to the potrait I’m using from the Vault for a new character I’m running (Scrimdad Jarlscent).

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Portraits.Detail&id=4843

LT

Beowulf
    • Markshire PCs:

http://home.golden.net/~enorthcott/download/NWNdownload.html

Just so y’all don’t see a faceless git running around the game. 😉

BTW: Markshire Phase 2 reports 3 invalid files when it tries to install them, but doesn’t specify which ones. I don’t know that this will have an in-game effect. I’ll be sure to mention it if I find something.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.