Latest Server Restoration

Home Forums Discussion Forums Out of Game Latest Server Restoration

This topic contains 14 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  BoostNJuice December 19, 2013 at 3:31 pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Thrym
    Thrym
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs: Grottle, Gruzk, Ashimar

The server sat unused for a while, partially because the network here at the office was revamped and I didn’t attend to restoring the server. But also because prior to the network issues no one had been in game in sometime.

Recently Muddy requested that the server be restored since he was going to be available for some gaming and wanted something to do. So I restored Valhalla to use on the network.

To facilitate this I sent out a mass mail to the forum accounts and since have seen several people in the logs kick around killing stuff. Of course, they were the only ones on so eventually tired of it.

I appreciate it that some of you stopped in.

So all that said, I propose an event. I have to say, up front that it won’t be this weekend or the next, I am moving and backed up here at work, but let’s say August… 12th, tentatively.

That will be time enough to finish my immediate projects and then spend some time in a toolset prepping. One time. One shot. Return to Markshire Event.

I’ll post a notice next week with more details. In the meantime, enjoy some mindless mayhem or get in game and hang out with Gargoyle and his cronies at the Nest.

Enjoy.

Thrym
    Thrym
    Keymaster

PS.

I’ve resumed M-F morning resets (9:30ish). Weekend resets will occur on an as remembered basis.

Sarkhan
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

**Runs off looking for His Copy of NWN** Time to reinstall

Corgano
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

Yup… just re-installed my NWN 1 and Markshire stuff as well. The only problem I have is that some of my characters don’t have any portraits now. I did download the portrait pack from Markshire, but apparently the ones I used weren’t from that pack.

Perhaps from an earlier NWN 1 portrait pack? I looked on the Vault but maybe they’re named differently? I’ll go and look again. Is there a simple way to fix this? Like choosing a new portrait?

Thanks in advance,

Cor

Thrym
    Thrym
    Keymaster

Portraits are local. You prolly had a portrait from another package or individually setup one. Tell me which character(s) and I will find out the filename when I get a chance. Then you can search for that.

Corgano
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

@thrym wrote:

Portraits are local. You prolly had a portrait from another package or individually setup one. Tell me which character(s) and I will find out the filename when I get a chance. Then you can search for that.

Belferon Corgano and Bram. And, thanks T. As always you rock!

Thrym
    Thrym
    Keymaster

@corgano wrote:

@thrym wrote:

Belferon Corgano and Bram. And, thanks T. As always you rock!

Belferon Corgano uses “po_hu_m_bg2_17_” which is located in the Narfell Portrait Pack

Bram uses “po_hu_m_bg2_03_” in the same pack.

Corgano
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

Just wanted to say thank you T.
    As always you were right on the
    money. All my characters now
    have their portraits restored. 🙂

Thrym
    Thrym
    Keymaster

It wasn’t hard. I used Leto to review the characters and grab the portrait filename. A search online for the filename yielded the portrait pack.

10 minutes, tops.

G_kinkaid
    • Markshire PCs:

the lurking ends

soon

(and yes, the email to tech support for a multiplay cd key is in)

Cayle
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

Did you get it on steam? I should look and see if I still have my DVDs.

G_kinkaid
    • Markshire PCs:

I got it on GOG (good old games) for pretty cheap.

Corgano
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

@g_kinkaid wrote:

I got it on GOG (good old games) for pretty cheap.

I love GOG! There’s some really good to get older games on there. Anyways… It’s been a while and I’d like to get my Markshire on! Number one, make it so! 😉

BoostNJuice
    • Markshire PCs:

I just supped up my old desktop and am re-installing NWN and MS, I should be on next week.

Corgano
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

@boostnjuice wrote:

I just supped up my old desktop and am re-installing NWN and MS, I should be on next week.

Cool Boost! I can’t seem to log into the server with direct connect. Is the server up again? Or am I too early? Maybe I’m using the wrong IP address? Either way, I was hoping to hop on during the holiday time for some fun. Hopefully I’ll see you there Boost. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.