Restoration Event

Home Forums Discussion Forums Out of Game Restoration Event

This topic contains 27 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Ceorlas August 28, 2012 at 9:35 am.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Thrym
    Thrym
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs: Grottle, Gruzk, Ashimar

@thrym wrote:

I propose an event. I have to say, up front that it won’t be this weekend or the next, I am moving and backed up here at work, but let’s say August… 12th, tentatively.

That will be time enough to finish my immediate projects and then spend some time in a toolset prepping. One time. One shot. Return to Markshire Event.

Original Post

Good morning, Markshirians.

Still settling in at my new place and haven’t found the drive with NWN1 Markshire stuff on it so bear with me.

I think I can manage the event this month, so that said, I’ll shoot for Sunday, August 26th, instead of this weekend. Specific time to come.

Event setting:

To recap: The release of the mad titan, Gastlinyk, has caused the city that guarded his prison, Gastlinyk Gate, to fall and the War for Thrym’s Pass has begun. The entire might of Thrym’s Children will soon be at the gates of Foothold, a town that might not be prepared in time.

Can a ragtag group of new and old friends achieve the victory that the Guardsmen of Markshire and some heroic individuals failed to bring in Gate? Or will it just buy Markshire time against the slow steady advance of True Winter.

Event specs:

Levels: 1st to 10th
    Classes: At least one rogue plus a good mix would be best

Combat: Light to Average
    Roleplay: Heavy
    Skill Use: Average to Heavy
    Traps: Bring a rogue

Post your chosen character below with some details about them. Specify anything they’ve done in the past in regards to server events. Please make sure they have a PC Description at the least and preferably some sort of PC Biography.

Those DMs that have PCs and want to play them let me know so I can best utilize you still. Any other DMs who would like to assist, please let me know.

Monty
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

Well, I have been playing Gemmel for the most part, since he’s interesting, but for this, I believe Monty is required. πŸ˜‰

M3C

Thrym
    Thrym
    Keymaster

@monty wrote:

Well, I have been playing Gemmel for the most part, since he’s interesting, but for this, I believe Monty is required. πŸ˜‰

M3C

Note the Event Specs.

Monty
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

I did. Gemmel doesn’t have many skills, except for chomping on enemies, and saying silly things. Fun, but not terribly useful. Monty has mad skilz, plus a history and an in-depth character. πŸ™‚

M3C

Thrym
    Thrym
    Keymaster

Right. What level is Gemmel and what level is Monty?

G_kinkaid
    • Markshire PCs:

Imkaro Jadys’varilo
    lvl 7 bard (training SD)
    lanky shadowy/sneaky bow-only toting elf.

Server Events:
    Guest appearance(s) in the Augur Bit Syndicate’s MMoM
    1st runner up in the last Penguin Caper

Thrym
    Thrym
    Keymaster

Two?

Lt. Tyler
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

Kinda depends on time for me. Later better, as Sunday is bath night. Would be hard for me to get on much earlier than 9:30 PM or so.

Sarkhan
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

@thrym wrote:

Two?

I’m thinking your referring to how many players are checking in. If so i am hoping to make it three. Right now im having issues getting nwn and the haks installed. I’m hoping to be able to be on between 5pm and 8pm cst. Reinhart has said that he too is hoping to play as well

Corgano
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

I too am hoping to be able to attend the event. Though I may have to make a new character since I’m not sure if I gave the character I wanted to bring any background description. (Having trouble remembering how to view it actually) 😳 Anyways, Ceorlas (One of the guys from the UK) may come as well.

–Cor

Thrym
    Thrym
    Keymaster

*resumes writing and prepping*

Ceorlas
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

Sunday 26th, yo. Any time.

Meredoc Wrint; halfling rogue 2.

Cayle
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

Sounds like fun guys. I’ll be netless, so don’t wait for me, but have a great time.

Thrym
    Thrym
    Keymaster

In an effort to create some amperage amongst you all I’ll let drop some stuff in store for the weekend:

[list=A:2f1ae6qg]

• NEW VILLAGE: Fane Village
    Find it on the Map
    For now, it’ll be a facade of a village with no interior areas.
  • Caravan Access to the Village
  • A new TRIBE of monsters
  • The storyline has consequences for Markshire and the war that just started.
  • When we’re done, the areas will remain in game and accessible.
  • For those that didn’t participate in the last event (some time ago I’m afraid) here’s a bit of a storyline recap.

The PC bad guys managed to release the Mad Red Titan from his inter-dimensional prison and all Hel broke lose. He destroyed The Wall in Gastlinyk Gate and surround the city in pockets of Chaos. Thrym and his children seized the opportunity to attack the city and have succeeded in taking the eastern half of the city.

The Guardsmen of Markshire have mobilized and hold the Frost Giants in Gate but they have lost some key battles recently. It’s likely that they will have to retreat into Thrym Pass and abandon the city for now.

Lord Allox Mark has charged the Heroes of Markshire with building an impenetrable wall on the pass-side of Foothold.

And now, YOU are being called upon in the defense of Markshire.

Monty
Keymaster
  • Markshire PCs:

Monty is 19? I think? Gemmel is 4 F/4 W.

muddy
  • Markshire PCs:

I need to find the discs, not sure where they went. Then the haks… then… oh good Lord….

ROK ROK ROK!

Corgano
Participant
  • Markshire PCs:

I think I’m going to bring Brianna Corgano. She is a level 3 warrior and a level 1 rogue.
And yes, she is one of Belferon’s siblings. She, however, is far less chaotic in her decisons
and her actions and does not make (as many) rash decisions. She supports good deeds and
good in general, even if it goes against the the typical order of things. Brianna also hopes to
make a name for herself and not live in Bel’s shadow any longer.

BoostNJuice
  • Markshire PCs:

“The PC bad guys managed to release the Mad Red Titan from his inter-dimensional prison and all Hel broke lose.”

That was a good time……….

Corgano
Participant
  • Markshire PCs:

By any chance, do we have a rough time table as to when the event will be starting? Just trying to plan my day out tomorrow and make sure I leave enough time for some good old Markshire stomping about. And possibly some time in the Red Dragon doing some drinking too! πŸ™‚

–Cor

Thrym
Thrym
Keymaster

Good point, Cor.

I will shoot for being ready by 7:00pm EST.

Thrym
Thrym
Keymaster

Looking good for 7pm.

Thrym
Thrym
Keymaster

Thanks to G_Kinkaid, Corgano and BoostNJuice for coming to the event.

I know I flubbed some stuff but hopefully it was enjoyable.

Those areas remain in game with some changes and fixes.

Screenies:

[attachment=1:71o6e1tp]Foothold_0000.jpg[/attachment:71o6e1tp]

[attachment=0:71o6e1tp]Foothold_0005.jpg[/attachment:71o6e1tp]

I was too busy running it to get more. But I’ll post some module shots later.

Thanks again guys.

Thrym
Thrym
Keymaster

The questions to the three who showed for the event:

Did the Aerie give the impression of being an Aerie?

What did you think of the village?

What did you think of the eagles compared to your levels?

Corgano
Participant
  • Markshire PCs:

@thrym wrote:

The questions to the three who showed for the event:

Did the Aerie give the impression of being an Aerie?

What did you think of the village?

What did you think of the eagles compared to your levels?

First off, let me say I’m sorry I had to bail at the end of the adventure as I missed the actual last 5 minutes, doh! I hope all went well in the last few minutes and that the capstone was indeed placed where it needed to be placed.

1) What (or who) exactly is an Aerie? Probably some simple answer, but I didn’t see any referance to it/him/her in game any place.

2) I think the village is really nice and peaceful. I’m gonna explore the map more today so I can get a better picture of what the new village looks like. I know Belferon would hope that there’s a baker someplace in the village making some delicious pies…

3) The eagles are a good challenge and may be a bit too strong for 4th level characters on their own. This was more apparent when fighting the new tribe and the eagles at the same time. But… I think most people will simply use more potions/kits when dealing with those pesky eagles. So I guess it all works out well enough. What do the rest of you say?

–Corgano

Thrym
Thrym
Keymaster

The Aerie was the last area in the chain …

Definition:
aer·ie [air-ee, eer-ee]

1. the nest of a bird of prey, as an eagle or a hawk.
  2. a lofty nest of any large bird.
  3. a house, fortress, or the like, located high on a hill or mountain.
  4. Obsolete . the brood in a nest, especially of a bird of prey.

In this case it was the home of the bad guys. And definition #3 is the more apt usage here.

The town is simply a facade (in game terms) at the moment. I plan to add some quick additions tonight. Things like some pack oxen spawning in the corral. Random merchant system. A couple of dupes of the Foothold or Stonemark merchant and add the Fane Village Guardsmen.

The Dimmaskog Forest will be similar to the Demon Skulls Lair. Leveled spawns of the new tribe. Some Random Encounter Spawns to keep people on their toes and possibly a chieftain to take out. Looking for a model that’s apt for a boss.

The respawn point is already set. Just need to add it to the conversations for Start Area and Garm.

Beyond that … who knows.

Corgano
Participant
  • Markshire PCs:

LOL! Thanks for the information T. I thought it was refering to something in game (or someone) that I missed. Thanks for the dictionary definition of Aerie. πŸ™‚

Nice to see more updates coming to the new area. Will be good I’m sure. Oh, and Kambion (Playing his chatacter Thar) was in game today and I logged in some time with him in the timeless desert. Man those frost giants are a pain in the arse! But no where near as tough as the titan spawn in the pass, ouch! Nice about being able to start in the new area too. Looking forward to explore more of it once it’s in game.

–Cor

Thrym
Thrym
Keymaster
  1. Random Merchants installed in Fane.
  2. Respawn and immediate access to Fane Village from Garm and Margit.
  3. New Tribe setup in Dimmaskog Forest
  4. Shields added to Bounty List

Perhaps a bit more to come.

Ceorlas
Participant
  • Markshire PCs:

Hokay, I’ll put my hand up to this one; Fair Cop Guv’nor.
I forgot to check for start time, did not set an alarm and slept thro my (GMT) Midnight.

And it seems you all had a blast too. Sigh.

Still, on the really bright side we have in Markshire. Beaut. I will be around and about more, so see you in Fane sometime.

Regards, C

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.