Weekly game

Home Forums Discussion Forums Out of Game Weekly game

This topic contains 21 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Monty July 9, 2013 at 3:52 pm.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

BoostNJuice
    • Markshire PCs:

So a few weeks back Thrym asked me if I would like to join the ranks of MS DMs. So I am looking to set up a weekly game that I can run. I know we have talked about a weekly game in various forms over the last few months but we were lacking the DM element which we all find necessary to fully take advantage of MS in all its glory. So I figured I would start a poll(as everyone likes a good poll) to gauge interest in a DMed weekly game.

I was thinking end of Feb. beginning of March to get rolling.

Corgano
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

Wow, that would be great to get MS back up and running again with a DM! If you need a test subject or whatever I’d be happy to help. Even though I’ve never DMed, I’ll try to help ya out like I did for Opi a lot. Mainly for testing quests and such. Anyways…

As far as time goes, Tuesdays or Thursdays would work best, and I’ll have to get back to you with a time though. Yeah, I’m pretty sure either time will be ok. Looking forward to playing some more in Markshire, as it has been a while.

–Marc

G_kinkaid
    • Markshire PCs:

7 CST also works for me on Tuesdays

Corgano
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

Hope this works out, as I’ve been missing playing in MS for a while now. Any news on this? Anyone else interested? Anyone making guest appearances? Hope to see some of my old MS friends as well. 🙂

–Corgano

Monty
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

I’ve been in with Gemmel. Made my first Barkskin potion the other day! But I can’t go into the dangerous spots alone, so let me know good times to go IG.

M3C

Corgano
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

So… when and where will be our first quest Mr. DM? Or… when should we test subjects appear so thou mayest tryest to smite us? 😆 Looking forward to some Markshire time with ya Boost and fellow players!

BoostNJuice
    • Markshire PCs:

I was hoping for a little more interest… But I think we can get started in the next week or so. Spread the word!!!

Corgano
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

@boostnjuice wrote:

I was hoping for a little more interest… But I think we can get started in the next week or so. Spread the word!!!

Well, T knows a lot of the peoples e-mails, while I just can try to PM them from here. I might be able to get one of the British guys back here… maybe. He’s pretty absorbed in Guild Wars 2 though. We’ll see.

And…

That’s GREAT News Boost! (About starting the game soon) 😀

Thrym
    Thrym
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs: Grottle, Gruzk, Ashimar

I sent out the following mass e-mail from the forum admin this morning:

@Markshire Forums wrote:

Markshire DM to host weekly events

BoostNJuice has been promoted to DM and is looking to set up a weekly game that he can run.

Login to the forums and vote for a day of the week to get this started.

If interest increases perhaps we’ll add even more new stuff in game and/or update existing stuff.

Get in game!

http://markshire.com/forums/

For those that haven’t popped back on since the server was restored, there are already several new areas in game. Starting with Fane Village which lies below the Narlynwik Forest. In the Dimmaskog Forest south of the village lies another tribe of Orcs to investigate.

There are rumors that a band of pirates have been running raids from the docks in the Laatneer district of Stonemark?

Get in game! All it takes is a few flakes to start the Blizzard!

If you didn’t receive this message, please check your spam/junk folders and your messages on here. If I got an undeliverable notice from your mail server I notified you via PM.

Corgano
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

Hello all,

I was just wondering how often server resets are? Just asking because two of us have been on and would like to continue doing some quests again.

Thanks T!

–Corgano

Thrym
    Thrym
    Keymaster

I do resets Monday thru Friday at 9:30 am or so. Occasionally, I miss a day based on what’s happening at work but I get a reminder each weekday morning to reset the server.

Backups occur regularly as well, when the server log hits 450kb or greater, I archive the log and run backups on the server databases and the forum databases.

The server log read time effects server performance so when it clears that 450kb mark it’s better to archive the logs and start fresh.

As always, if you are in game more frequently and would like a reset send me a PM. The PM sends me an e-mail which I check more frequently than anything else.

*holds up his phone*

I can even reset it via this thing now with remote access.

Thrym
    Thrym
    Keymaster

*watches from his phone*

I see you logged in Corgano. I see you.

*hovers finger over ban*

Muahahahahaha. Not today. LOL

Corgano
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

@thrym wrote:

*watches from his phone*

I see you logged in Corgano. I see you.

*hovers finger over ban*

Muahahahahaha. Not today. LOL

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo!!!
    Ok, phew!

Pretty cool that you can use your phone to do things like that now.

Have a good evening, and thanks for the info on the server resets. 🙂

Thrym
    Thrym
    Keymaster

*sets the Gnome to watch for Corgano*

Yeah, lots of things we can do remotely.

*turns setting on: “SPAWN AGAINST SPECIFIC PLAYER: CORGANO” in server INI*

There. Enjoy the Wrath of the Demon Skull Tribe.

Just kidding … or am I.

Monty
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

LOL!!!!! Oh, he knows you can do it… 😉

M3C

Corgano
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

@thrym wrote:

*sets the Gnome to watch for Corgano*

Yeah, lots of things we can do remotely.

*turns setting on: “SPAWN AGAINST SPECIFIC PLAYER: CORGANO” in server INI*

There. Enjoy the Wrath of the Demon Skull Tribe.

Just kidding … or am I.

😯

*Changes name to: Bob, from accounting*

There! You’ll never find me now! Ha-ha!

*Ponders* Hmm, perhaps I shouldn’t have written that here…

Monty
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

Bowb? Who is the Bowb? Maybe we should beat him down…. 🙂

M3C

Sarkhan
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

Point him out I’ll take care him **thinks for a moment** ahhh you’ll have to point him out outside city limits though.

Sarkhan
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

Yea I voted you suck bit only cause there was no option for Sun or Mon those are the only days I have off

BoostNJuice
    • Markshire PCs:

@sarkhan wrote:

Yea I voted you suck bit only cause there was no option for Sun or Mon those are the only days I have off

Well, now things are tied up…lol

Corgano
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

So, do we have a specific day/time we’re looking at?

Corgano
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

@corgano wrote:

So, do we have a specific day/time we’re looking at?

Still hoping that this will happen sometime soon? I know people’s schedules are different and summer time can get very busy… but… I’d really like to hop back on and play with you guys/girls again.

–Cor

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.