Reply To: My "I such a geek" thread….

Home Forums Discussion Forums Makes you go, Hmmmm? My "I such a geek" thread…. Reply To: My "I such a geek" thread….

Valgrimm
  • Markshire PCs:

Actually I don’t have that many playsets, so I don’t have the deathstar or cantina sets……yet. The only playsets I currently have (of the vintage stuff) are 2 of the 3 hoth sets, jabbas palace, and yoda’s house. Playsets in good condition are hard to come by, most are missing numerous pieces. Since those photos are from about 3 years ago I have added a few vintage items to my collection including a TIE interceptor and a 12 inch chewbacca. My original collection was just the 3 3/4 scale figures and I have since added 12inch and vehicles. Then in 1997 Hasbro (formerly Kenner) reintroduced the star wars toys in an attempt to drive collectors insane and ensure that George Lucas was the richest man alive. Once of the hardest things I’ve found when collecting, is I tend to collection creep, meaning I stray away from what I had originally set out to collect. This has caused me to acquire some rather unusual items; including an empire strikes back atari game still in the box, a yoda jedi masters board game, and star wars burger king glasses. Although I do like some of these items in hindsight. and with the amount of space now taken up, I should have just stuck to my guns.