Reply To: Quote on evil

Home Forums Discussion Forums Makes you go, Hmmmm? Quote on evil Reply To: Quote on evil

Monty
Keymaster
  • Markshire PCs:

Exactly – Most evil-doers feel like they are right in their own eyes… Many times it is a matter of “I know what is right, and your opinion just doesn’t matter” kind of thinking. Of course their “right” way is the one that benefits themselves, but hey what can ya do?
Even the serial killers think this way – I once saw an interview with Eileen Woernos (I think that’s how her name was spelled) – she would hitch rides with motorists, and them murder them….Strangely, every one of them “tried to rape her”, even though she was as ugly as a dumptruck, so she killed them “in self defense”.
That’s part of the reason that to me, the Lawful/Evil type is in some way the worst kind of evil, because they know that what they’re doing is wrong, but they do it anyway out of greed or selfishness, but are smart enough to stay within the law, so as to have no consequences against themselves.
A good I/G description of this is to claim that someone you dislike or want to destroy is a witch, or a bad guy/girl of some sort, and get the legal authorities to do your dirty work for you, keeping your hands relatively clean. Interesting how fanatical priests, etc. happen to pick others that disagree with them as the “purveyors of evil” and have them murdered in the name of whatever.
I can just imagine how innocent the priests were during the inquisition, hehe……

M3C