Reply To: Quote on evil

Home Forums Discussion Forums Makes you go, Hmmmm? Quote on evil Reply To: Quote on evil

Aelswith
Participant
  • Markshire PCs:

Well . . . perhaps Mr. Solzhenitsyn might have had Mr. Lenin or Stalin or even Hitler in mind when he said that? They all had ideologies; they all thought they were doing the right thing. I suppose they all expected praise and honor etc.

But . . . Mr. Ted Bundy, (30 victims), Mr. John W. Gracy, (33 victims) and Mr. Jeffery Dahmer, ( 15 victims, and he liked to eat them!), had no ideology, and I’m sure didn’t expect a pat on the back for their accomplishments.

On the other hand . . . someone who wraps explosives around themselves and blows up a market full of shoppers, including children, does have an ideology and thinks their deed a good one, and even expects a reward when they get to heaven.

So . . . his quote would only apply in certain situations. It can’t be generalized in the way I think it was intended.

Evil is safe! It is still evil!

“Remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won. There have been tyrants and murderers and for a time they seem invincible but in the end they always fail – – think of it, ALWAYS.”
Mahatma Gandhi