- Markshire PCs: Grottle, Gruzk, Ashimar
Thanks for the details.
While it’s possible that a character can become corrupted it’s unlikely that just your characters are problematic at the same time. So please do make a new character to see if the problem persists.
I would also like to know…
- Are you experiencing this on other servers?
- Do you run your computer all the time? If so when was your last shutdown? Perhaps clearing the temporary files and such would help under Internet Options.
- Are you using a non-standard port in your game settings? The normal port as preset by the game is 5121.
- Do you have other haks listed in your hak folder then just Markshire’s? If so, have you tried removing them?
- Have you checked your version number? You may be updated to 1.69 but there was a hotfix immediately after they released 1.69 that might not be installed. This can cause issues.
- Do you game on a network that has other gamers who use NWN on it? You could be Ghosting which is where your local port number might be the same as someone else’s on the network.
- Along the same lines, are you running a server at your location on the network?
- Are you using a downloader program like BitTorrent? Basically are there any background programs using the network that might be causing the lag?
- What’s your upload speed? You can check it at any website under the search “computer speed test.” Iathouz had satellite for a period and they had a 20 second latency. Latency = bad for online video games.
I’m sure I could think of a bunch of other details and places to check but we’ll start with those.