4th Edition commercial

Home Forums Discussion Forums Makes you go, Hmmmm? 4th Edition commercial

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  mule June 18, 2008 at 3:16 am.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Corgano
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71_RWFMhJ2Y

I LOL at this as I saw it on TV today… 😆

Osay
    • Markshire PCs:

I don’t have words…… 🙄

Monty
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

This is the problem we have in the printing industry. Since everyone has a computer, they ALL think that they are Graphic Designers. *Shakes head* Get an Advertising Agency, boys! BTW, you see part 2 of that video? Pathetic.

M3C

Corgano
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

@monty wrote:

BTW, you see part 2 of that video? Pathetic.

M3C

No, I didn’t know there was a part 2 to it. Post the link Monty and I’ll check it out. I can always use another good laugh… 😀

Monty
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

muddy
    • Markshire PCs:

Even if a 4th edition is sort of lame hopefully it gets more people interested in rolling the dice.

I know that I really want that giant beholder statue for my front yard.

Opinvu
    • Markshire PCs:

I still don’t see why D&D isn’t just like some standard program that could ….

Why isn’t just software? Two years working on rules when if it was a program it could test itself…. two years?! Man… what a sweet job that would be.

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

heh ok ok

To be fair Monty that second one isn’t meant as a TV add they’re showing off their new program to the gaming nerds around the country who want to play sans table top. They are trying to sell that to you for a monthly subscription fee so they want to show off the neat-o features. It’s for people who already have experience with the free versions *raises hand* I must say it looks slick, but i’d have to use it to tell for real. Not to mention I am not hot on paying them a monthly subscription fee (stupid as hel), i’d rather pay them a flat fee. I am already buying the damn books after all. Or at least one..

Yeah my friends and I are giving 4.0 a fair shake. So far, different. I can’t come up with a better impression. I am not normally someone who holds onto the past with a dire grip of steel. Still it’s taken some effort, they have changed so much. I just can’t say whether it’s better or not. I’ll tell you all more later if you want to hear it. Right now we’re leaving OpenRPG behind. It’s gotten to buggy to be tenable. It’s hard to find a new program though because DnD isn’t even offering the license for sale yet (to give their own program a head start) and none of the other’s out there can even begin to adjust to the 4.0 rules.

PS: we fought a very small white dragon at level 1, we lived.. I was shocked. Though it was very close.

– mule

s-m-r
    • Markshire PCs:

Corgano
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

@mule wrote:

I just can’t say whether it’s better or not. I’ll tell you all more later if you want to hear it.

I’d be interested in hearing more about this Mule, please. That is, when you have more to report. 🙂

Thanks man,
    Cor

PS: This commercial makes me LOL more!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UqFPujRZWo&feature=related

Enjoy!

Opinvu
    • Markshire PCs:

I couldn’t watch the entire thing… so it is moved to software now? Not a paper bound book?

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

Nah it’s all books. If you want to use their spiffy program though you have to pay. Basically the program is something that allows a group to play as if they were at a table but on the computer. It allows groups like mine (who all live in different states) to keep playing together. There’s other programs out there for 3.5 (openRPG, RPTools etc..) but like I said before they’re withholding the license for 4.0 until their own pay to use tool launches…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.