A question concerning CNR Weapons

Home Forums Discussion Forums Out of Game A question concerning CNR Weapons

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Brindisium
    • Markshire PCs:

I am trying to understand how to craft weapons and have a question for you more experienced smiths / enchanters:

It appears to me that weapons can be created with effects that give additional damage (such as titanium coatings, bags of fire etc) but there is no way to create “enchanted weapons”. Here I mean weapons with enchantments capable of bypassing DR in the way that a +1 enchanted sword (e.g.) bought from a merchant would.

I really hope I am wrong. Can anyone clarify?

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

Iron = +1

Titanium = +2

Brindisium
    • Markshire PCs:

@BeyondThePale wrote:

Iron = +1

Titanium = +2

Thanks BTP. Forgive me if I’m being slow but does that mean that a titanium weapon will bypass DR 10/+2 (for example) ?

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

Correcto. And feel free to ask questions.

Brindisium
    • Markshire PCs:

fandabidozi 🙂

BoostNJuice
    • Markshire PCs:

Just so you know the Titanium Kama is done, I’m working hard on the flaming one.

Here is my question, do you need ranks enchantment to even try enchanting weapons? Tarl’ is only level one there, I tried to make a Kama with Flame damage, and nether the pool, nor the alter in the spire,would give me an option for a weapon, any weapon. The Alter would let me : -elemental bags-, -gems-, -ingots-; wile the pool only said -exit-. and I have an iron Kama, enchanting oil, and a bag of fire. So what’s the deal?!!!

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

Yeah, fire is the top dog in enchanting I think. You got some work ahead of ya.

BoostNJuice
    • Markshire PCs:

but shouldn’t it at least offer a choice, even for an acid weapon, or lightning? or do I have to enchant a bunch of ingots before I can even attempt ANY weapons?

Monty
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

Monty is like level 7 or 8, and I have trouble enchanting fire weapons…. Try shields first, they are easier.

M3C

BoostNJuice
    • Markshire PCs:

but do you have the option in the menu, or is the alter or pool (I’m not sure which one is the correct one) broke in the spire. Success is not what I’m concerned about, the ability to try though? The statue seams to work.

Monty
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

Here’s how it works. Altar is for Magic Bags, Gems, and Ingots. Statue is for shields. Pool is for weapons. There is every chance that if you are only a first level enchanter, you cannot enchant any weapons, as it is too difficult. Try enchanting gems and bars, and see where you end up. Also, remember to buff, as a higher INT and wisdom bonus increase your percentage chance.

M3C

BoostNJuice
    • Markshire PCs:

Ya, tarl’ caries all the potions, except Owl’s wisdom, or what ever it is called. Does anyone know where they can be bought? else i’ll have to make em…lol.

s-m-r
    • Markshire PCs:

Dude, like I told you, if you have less than a 5% chance of success, it’s not going to appear in the menu.

BoostNJuice
    • Markshire PCs:

no offense s-m-r just confirming that the stuff in the spire was not broken, I thought I would be able to enchant some weapon to start, but I guess ingots it is 🙄

Brindisium
    • Markshire PCs:

Maybe you need to subcontract? It sounds like it is going to be difficult for ~any~ one person to have all the skills needed to craft complex items.

Could be fun.

Lt. Tyler
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

Oh, there’s at least one person in the Spire who could help out.

*cracks gnomish knuckles*

*cackles*

domf
    • Markshire PCs:

@Lt. Tyler wrote:

Oh, there’s at least one person in the Spire who could help out.

*cracks gnomish knuckles*

*cackles*

pfffft, you never play your characters anyway

Lt. Tyler
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

@domf wrote:

…pfffft, you never play your characters anyway

Begone evil spirits! 😉

Hey, besides, I’ve been on nearly every night this week!

But you’re right, I had an extended hiatus. Workin my way back.

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

Umm Owl’s wisdom should be in iggy’s, if not.. I have no idea.

– mule

Monty
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

So go make some? It’s actually one of the easier ones, for the essence, anyway…..

Vial
    Pecan
    Chestnut Oil

To make the potion:

Flask, Essence of Wisdom, 3 Owl Feathers.

If you can’t find the owl feathers, I suggest knocking on some doors in Stonemark…. 😉

M3C

BoostNJuice
    • Markshire PCs:

@Brindisium wrote:

Maybe you need to subcontract? It sounds like it is going to be difficult for ~any~ one person to have all the skills needed to craft complex items.

Could be fun.

Posted at the Dragon, Spire, Yar, Cona, and stonemark.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.