An Evil Char Romp

Home Forums DM Forums DM Events An Evil Char Romp

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mule December 8, 2008 at 11:08 pm.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Opinvu
    • Markshire PCs:

So, the natural question I overlooked, How about something for evil chars? was brought up last night. My head about exploded but T popped up in mind and I calmed right down…

This Evil series I would wish to do like the Good ones have been thus far. Unresisted and unchallenged. A victory for the Evil. The storm of ideas boil down to “What can we have them get away with that is big, evil, and yet irriversable that doesn’t harm the lifeline of where MArkshire is going?

My first two thoughs is Temple and Titan. Being that this will be evil, I will make it long and complicated. Dealings with factions and maintaining some form of order about the plotline.

Any ideas, thoughts suggestions? Guidlines or limits to the amount of evil that will go on seemingly un pursued by law.

Opinvu
    • Markshire PCs:

Here is my best one thus far.

A uniter in the Spire wishes to help make Markshire a place they don’t have to hide. And proposes a unified pursuite, an alliance of evil to overthrow the establishment. His proposal is a simple one.

The goal is retooling of an ancient device that was lost by the creator, the device that was to control the titans will. With this device recovered and repaired they will use the titan to bring Markshire to its knees and allow them to rule.

The pursuit gets all the way until near the end where the Uniter decides to double cross. The end goal changes and the first goal is lost, but the second new goal is fought to overcome. The device will not have been decifered properly and is actually something that results in some finer enchantments on their armor/gear after the blast and they run for their lives from the Titan.

In the end the evil alliance wins though they now nothing has actually changed, all the evil they did along the way has reaked havoc on Markshire costing lives and months of rebuilding. Nothing really has changed for the spire and its inhabitants.

Only two views over the past 5 days.. maybe I will go with this idea. Lotta avenues I thought up for this on the 6 hour drive I took this weekend.

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

That does sound like a good idea. Just a couple questions.
    The uniter is an evil NPC who hires the bad guys to get the stuff to repair the device correct? (and he hires them for gold of course)

but then he is going to double cross them how? I take it he will try to not pay them or something?

and then the plan is to make them destroy the device? I think you should somehow tie that with their getting gold they were denied. Remember evil does things for selfish motivations.

– mule

Opinvu
    • Markshire PCs:

Yes, I was thinking something maybe a bit more evil than gold. But, never-the-less, I would have this uniter promise riches, power, rule over towns…leadership rolls…If they planning to use the Titan as their bargining chip, anyone with an army should bow down.

Doublecross, that emplies going back on promises for his own personal gain. He will send them on a suicide mission, myabe there is some kind of leak or some kind of significant revelation.

The end destiney of the item will be either destruction and come to find out the uniter has a horde of great treasures, or they take the item and try to use it themselves. This would result in the descovery that it was not as he told it to be. It actually draws the chaotic energy from the Titan to the user. End result something on their person is empowered by the device. (thus their treasure/reward)

Opinvu
    • Markshire PCs:

Ok, so I got it written out. All 13 episodes. It results in 9 episodes being different missions to gain them artifacts. I got kidnapping, conspiracy, Engman relations, A secret society in Stonmark infiltration, creative torture/kidnapping, puzzle solving and all of it is evil saturated.

I spent the better part of this Saterday writing up my episodes and it was really evil, I mean easy. I plan to leave some of it to how creatively evil can the players be to accomplish the task. Most of the scenarios will be determined by the players creativity rather than chars game engine mechanics.

Depending on the final choice of those envolved it may be 12 or 13 episodes.

Reading T’s story of the Titan, this device will have the following back story:

It was a dark day in the spire atop mount Cona. Nearing noon the sky let no sun pass to mountains. He arrived as the storm came behind the darkness. The spire was full of the usual visitors when he came. None were aware of his past, none knew his name. Though most in the spire never use names, this one invited all to know his. His arrival aroused all ears in sight. His words called out to all that the echoes reached. When all in the spire assembled in the grand hall we learned why he had come.
    It sounded too good to be true. A large effort it would take, much sacrifice and collaboration of all that seek refuge in the spire. He spoke of a paradise, one that didn’t have the spire, one that was a reverse of the way it is now. A paradise where the weak hide, where the frail seek the shadows, one where we the strong and we the smart rule and roam free. A paradise ruled by us, riches and power beyond our imagination. An offer no one could refuse. Allegiances were pledged and the alliance was formed.

Retribution is in favor of this alliance and many of the members among its ranks. His interest follows the party that forms to help this Uniter. He will be their spirit guide that shows up in time to help them understand when it is cloudy and guide them when they are blind.

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

Well it all sounds good. I think you have the proper motivations and the double cross sounds about right. This will be a full 13 epidsodes eh? nice.. When are you starting it?

– mule

Opinvu
    • Markshire PCs:

After christmas and the new year. Thuslyu the major holiday vacations will be out of the way, and most people will be broke and want to stay at home more than usual.

I am starting to think Fridays again. I had the best turnout on the Friday episodes.

12 or 13 episodes. The way the episodes look, they may take more than one session. Depending on the players though, of course.

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

Well if the current crop of evils are anything like the old crop they’re serious business. Won’t be much dallying. But I suspect they’re not. So plan on 13 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.