An homage to the best movie villian ever…Bennet

Home Forums Discussion Forums Makes you go, Hmmmm? An homage to the best movie villian ever…Bennet

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Lt. Tyler
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

Hanging out this Friday with a nasty stomach bug courtesy of the two year old boy, I lay on the couch, paging through the ‘On Demand’ free movies, and lo and behold, what do I come across, but ‘Commando’

I think, Hmm, it’s only 93 minutes, let’s see how one of my most favorite movies as a young’un holds up now 23 years later. Then I think, damn, that’s a long time ago.

Overall, the movie still works, and I think might represent he apex of the cheesy action flick. It has it all: the snappy one liners, the completely unrealistic actions by the main character, a totally gratuitous bare boobs shot, and two of the best villains ever to grace the silver screen. Rae Dawn Chong actually was pretty funny too, plus there’s a little Bill Paxton.

First, there’s the nefarious “El Presidente,” played by the actor who was Nick Tortelli, Carla’s deadbeat husband from Cheers. Let me say, very scary. Good job on the accent too. Them’s some acting chops ya got there.

Lastly, all I can say is Bennet. Oh Bennet, how do I love thee? Chainmail vest, cinched tight at the waist? Very slimming. Choke chain around your neck for your dog tags? Never noticed that, but it works. Cause, you know, you’re so…uncontrollable. But my words are so inadequate to convey your greatness. Let the man speak for himself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApaEPazjYAc

Sarkhan
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

Wow its been a long time since I saw this movie. Now I have to go to Block buster cause the UTube clip just Teased me

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

heh been a while since I seen that one. My brothers and I used to watch that on TV every once in a while.

– mule

Corgano
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

Been a long time since I’ve seen this… but he’s one crazy looking guy! All he really needed to do was let off a little steam and he was fine… see?

G_kinkaid
    • Markshire PCs:

to this day on Counterstrike, if it’s me against 1 other player in the end. I’ll whip the knife out and give them my best Matrix to Bennet speech.

Goes over real well, even when I get stabbed in the face.

Lt. Tyler
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

@G_kinkaid wrote:

to this day on Counterstrike, if it’s me against 1 other player in the end. I’ll whip the knife out and give them my best Matrix to Bennet speech.

Goes over real well, even when I get stabbed in the face.

Now that is damned funny!

@Cor: Letting off some steam is a good one liner, but my choice for best little repartee is when Matrix is fighting Cook (Bill Duke, from the “I’m gonna have me some fun” from Predator).

Cook: “You scared muthaf****? You should be, cause this green beret’s gonna kick yer ass!”

Matrix: “I eat green berets for breakfast. And right now I’m very hungry!”

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.