anybody home?

Home Forums Discussion Forums Out of Game anybody home?

This topic contains 24 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  mule September 1, 2008 at 8:34 pm.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

BoostNJuice
    • Markshire PCs:

does anyone play MS1 other than the “grippli thing”? I don’t have much time to go IG lately, but it seams that whenever I do get a chance, there are never anyone IG. I can’t commit to a regular schedule, but when are you guys on? if nothing else i would like to just run around killing stuff like the good ole’ days.

hope to see you all soon,
    Boost

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

sorry still doesn’t work with my computer. I also have no time lately, just bought a new place.

– mule

Opinvu
    • Markshire PCs:

Well, I am guilty of monitoring out of game and doing other work for work and the Grippli saga. Good to see ya still around Braetai! Try and jump in for the last of the Grippli Saga on Fridays if ya can. All are welcome!

Spring is in the air, I have been getting restless to get outside and into the woods. In fact, I am slightly worried I might be late to one of the Friday episodes. My vacation is only 4 days away. A full week of, then the 3 day Memorial Day weekend, I am jazzed! Going to Oregon coast for my anual camping trip.

Valgrimm
    • Markshire PCs:

I’ve noticed this trend as well. I don’t get to play much during the week, but I check the server every now and then and it seems like it’s dead. When the grippli saga is going on though, there’s between 5 to 9 players on at a time. Seems like some players are floating over to other servers, while there is inactivity on Markshire 1. Could this be the end of Markshire 1?? let’s hope not.

Valgrimm
    • Markshire PCs:

I just thought of something…..just prior to MS 2 going live are there any plans to do some 1 day uber event that finalizes the story lines from MS1. Perhaps some people want to kill off some of their characters, or atleast complete their storie lines. I’m sure that if a time and date was posted in advance (just like the grippli saga) that alot of players would come out of the woodworks for it, I know I would.

Corgano
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

Boost!!!

Well, I’m usually in for the Grippli thing on Friday nights. Aside from that, I check the server to see who’s on and jump in if I see someone I know on. I hope to see you on one of the Friday things man if not sooner.

PS: I blame Mule for stuff in general… could be anything really that I blame Mule for… like, why I have a headache right now? Mule’s fault! 😛

PPS: Congrats on the new place Mule! 😀

Brindisium
    • Markshire PCs:

MS1 suffered serious wounds when the staff ran out of time to update it and all the DM support EXCEPT Opi disappeared. It was pronounced dead when the player base dropped below critical mass. Some of us continued to love it anyway of course.

I will continue to enjoy it on Friday nights as a campaign setting (bless you Opi!) and remember MS1 for what it once was: The Best Damned PW I Eva Played On.

I have finally given up any pretence of liking NWN2 so it a mute point for me but I think the bigger issue is what this erosion of the player base means for MS2.

(Edited for grammar and long sentences)

Valgrimm
    • Markshire PCs:

If the server is dead or soon to die..I will make the transition to MS2, hopefully others will follow. Eventually a new game will come out that’s actually good (hopefully dragon age) as I am not a huge fan of NWN2. I hope that the core group of players and dms can stick together for the next sequel or next game. I know that I’d like to.

I will also continue to play MS1 when I have time, there’s a dm event scheduled or I see that there are actually players on the server.

Brindisium
    • Markshire PCs:

I agree with your points and sentiment Val. Just wanted to point out that I am not suggesting in any way that the server itself is dying as in “about to be switched off” or “is suffering problems”.

Just dead as in “we have reached the point where no-one plays because no-one else plays”.

BoostNJuice
    • Markshire PCs:

I did not want to be the one to bring it up, but that was my observation as well. With all due respect to Thrym and BTP, I think the server has run its course as a PW. However it will continue to serve in various ways into the foreseeable future. I hope that the lack of attention to MS1 can only mean that MS2 will be that spectacular. I also have no great love for NWN2. but I also thought NWN1 sucked so bad that i left it in a box for 5 years… only till i found MS1 did i come to enjoy NWN1.

so the moral of the story here….? T, bonesy, you set the bar kinda high with the first one..

I got my fingers crossed for ya!!!! 😉

Boost

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

psst you can get a preview of MS2 now if you like. it’s up, just in a beta phase really. All that means are things are less than perfect, and when it goes live any character you made will be wiped. Oh and you get a neat and spiffy bug reporting wand.

have at it.

– mule

PS: I promise i’ll be on ther again soon.

Monty
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

Just wanted to add my $0.02. MS1 is not dead at all, it’s just that to push the NWN2 world to the starting line is taking inordinate amounts of time and effort, especially because of all the systems that are being added to make it a REALLY special place (note the bug reporting wand), and to get the project to that final push, time and energy had to be devoted to it. As in all RL situations, that means that there had to be a trade-off. I know I miss not being part of the Grippli saga, but I had to choose, and until MS2 is off the ground, I have to stick with it.
    Many times I had wanted to get IG, and just didn’t have the energy. Also, work has gotten more demanding, so there’s less time there as well.
    MS1 is not going away, and once I get a bit more free time, you’ll definitely see me IG more. Don’t give up on MS1 – if any of you want to try having adventures, let’s try to pick another day that we can all meet in Foothold, so then there will be at least two days a week things are hopping…..

M3C

Opinvu
    • Markshire PCs:

Have to agree with Monty. Game play is like a sign wave. It goes up, it goes down, I tried to replay an old favorite just the other day. Wont install due to a windows 95 or lower compatability issue. The server doesn’t die, people’s interest and need to play is satisfied, full for the time being.

G_kinkaid
    • Markshire PCs:

Is it dead?

It was pronounced dead.

Is it dead?

It has run it’s course.

😛

Opi said it well just a couple posts above. A lot of us (some *cough cough* less than others.. I am working on those npc’s though!) are working on various things for MS2. It’s mainly (as was also said above I think) nobody is on because nobody is on.

The solution? just get back in, or take a break and do other things (as many of us are) come back ready to rumble whenever you’re ready. It’s been said in this thread that you check the gnome. Someone get in, others will follow 🙂

oh.. Picard has more to say

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddEIICbllAI

Brindisium
    • Markshire PCs:

nobody is on because nobody is on

Yes, I said that.

What several of us also said was we are going to continue to enjoy the server as a campaign setting. But as a place you can drop and find people to RP with without prearrangement this server is DEAD and has been for several months. The server gnome isn’t new, why is that suddenly going to make a difference?

It could change I suppose, I’d be very happy if it did. I guess we will see if you are right G.

G_kinkaid
    • Markshire PCs:

I am right

using CAPS doesn’t make me any less so 🙂 I only brought the gnome up because a person or two noted that they were watching it to see if anyone was ig.

You’ll notice there’s no emergency state of the mod response by the founding fathers. That’s because they know it’s allgood. MS has a solid base of players that are going to be here.

It’s been slow for a bit, meh, that happens. I recently rolled a new character to play on MS, I just haven’t gotten his arse in game

yet

🙂

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

SO, one thing to pose to you guys watching the gnome. If you have enough time to sit around and watch the gnome, maybe you should get in game and sit in the OOC area. It will draw people in and it’s not like you can’t alt-tab NWN1 (or window it)…. in that respect it is one of the best games I know of … unlike NWN2 (I HATE THAT)

– mule

Opinvu
    • Markshire PCs:

Mule is right… we should be.. but gnome watchers multi task.

Voran Falcona
    • Markshire PCs:

I play in windowed mode, so I’m usually doing other things during the game anyways. I guess I’ll go and sit around more often, see if I can’t draw in some folks.

Cayle
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

@g_kinkaid wrote:

You’ll notice there’s no emergency state of the mod response by the founding fathers. That’s because they know it’s allgood. MS has a solid base of players that are going to be here.

…or perhaps there is just incredible irony in the timing of this thread and there is no needfor any emergency state of MS1 postings.

I’m quite certain that BTP and T got a good chuckle out of it. 😛

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

Last time the subject of MS1 came up, we pretty much decided that it would be left up as long as we were able.

* It has a dedicated server machine for it.

* Free hosting!

* It has the forums set up for it.

* As the Vault manager, I can tell you people still fiercely love NWN1. A group may wander in and enjoy it.

* The domains are paid up for some time.

There’s nothing to be gained by pulling it down and it really doesn’t hurt to leave it up. Opi is to be commended (and I have done so personally) for running events on MS1. He works hard and I know the players in his events appreciate it.

Thrym
    Thrym
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs: Grottle, Gruzk, Ashimar

*nods emphatically*

Nuff said!

BubbleTough
    • Markshire PCs:

Sorry to bump an old thread.

Anywho, I’ve been playing more recently and the characters I’ve ran into have been good fun. It’s kind of a shame to not see the same activity as there was a year ago, but Markshire is still one of the most solidly built servers I’ve seen playing NWN.

That said, it’s nice seeing old faces. 🙂

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

Bubble!

Hope the left coast has been treating you well.

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

hey bubble, good to see you around. Yeah a lot of us have been here and there, still read the forums though.

– mule

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.