Anyone remember these games?

Home Forums Discussion Forums Makes you go, Hmmmm? Anyone remember these games?

This topic contains 14 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Avatar s-m-r August 26, 2009 at 1:41 pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Corgano
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:
    s-m-r
    • Markshire PCs:
    Opinvu
    • Markshire PCs:

Nope, but I did find that Bard’s Tale on ROMNation.com. You can get all the emulators and ROMs for the older consoles. N64 is too new still I guess.

Corgano
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

How about:

MOO was a great game. MOO spawnd several sequals as well as spin-offs to this day, things like: Galactic Civilizations. The 4X4 era. Very, very popular.

MoM was a very good game, but never seemed to take off. I throughly enjoyed it though.

Ultima VI was the first Ultima game to make an impression on me. (1st game I made a ‘real’ surround sound system for too)

Ultima VII: The Black Gate, literally scared the crap out of me! It was the first “Dark” video game I played…

The setting: A ritualistic murder. As you start the game in a barn, there’s a man stretched and tied to 4 posts. His arms, legs, and head have been severed.
    You walk outside and the weather changes from a bright sunny day, to the clouds rolling in and rain pouring down. Then, The Guardian speaks to you in his evil bass-filled voice! Creepy! Ultima VII

I hope we can create some similar moods in Markshire 2 where appropiate. Be thankful you can’t see all my posts in the developers side of things! I post, A LOT!!!

Corgano
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:
    Valgrimm
    • Markshire PCs:

I used to play Ultima VII Part Two: Serpent Isle all the time. Man that was a long time ago. It was the first game I can remember where you equipped your character in the inventory screen and he would then be playable wearing all the new stuff.

Iathouz
    • Markshire PCs:

Hack — D&D with no graphics what so ever. Cockatrices that turned you to stone, Orcs that attacked in gangs, fire breathing dragons, ghosts of dead characters, nymphs that seduced you and stole everything you owned, scrolls of genocide, crysknives… The game had everything.

edit- LOL The language filter just bagged the c word for the chicken like monster that turns people to stone.

Corgano
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

@iathouz wrote:

Hack — D&D with no graphics what so ever. —- that turned you to stone, Orcs that attacked in gangs, fire breathing dragons, ghosts of dead characters, nymphs that seduced you and stole everything you owned, scrolls of genocide, crysknives… The game had everything.

Hey! Do you still have that?! I sooooo want to play it! It’s been years, but still. I remember I played a version that you had a dog, “d” lowercase d that followed you around and attacked and ate monsters. Then, he became a, “D” Uppercase BIG dog. LOL!!! I also remember being killed by one of my own ghosts! It was sooo not nice! *grumble* Let’s do that in MS2! 😈

BoostNJuice
    • Markshire PCs:

I remember Bards tale from NES, but I only had a Comodore 16… 🙁

Sarkhan
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

@boostnjuice wrote:

I dont remember a commodore 16 I had the Vic 20 then the Commodore 64 then I got the Commodore amiga 128 after that I was computerless until I got my HP 510n

BoostNJuice
    • Markshire PCs:

@sarkhan wrote:

@boostnjuice wrote:

I dont remember a commodore 16 I had the Vic 20 then the Commodore 64 then I got the Commodore amiga 128 after that I was computerless until I got my HP 510n

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commodore_16

Valgrimm
    • Markshire PCs:

I still have a working atari 2600 (not hooked up) and the game adventure, where you play as a knight (a square block), slay dragons and use keys to open up castles.

Corgano
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

@valgrimm wrote:

I still have a working atari 2600 (not hooked up) and the game adventure, where you play as a knight (a square block), slay dragons and use keys to open up castles.

I remember being eaten many times… and bouncing around in the dragons stomach! Nice…

Iathouz
    • Markshire PCs:

I might just have it in my moldy 5 1/4 floppy stack out in the garage. Right next to Arctic Fox and Ancient Art of War.

s-m-r
    • Markshire PCs:

I know this topic is way old, but this bears mentioning.

Those of you who enjoy the old-skool roguelikes (Hack was mentioned before) should have a gander at “Dungeon Crawl.” There’s a variant called “Stone Soup” that includes graphics and various other improvements. I play this whenever I have a little time to spare; highly recommended.

Here’s a link:

http://crawl-ref.sourceforge.net/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.