Brak

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

HA HA!

I just saw a certain movie that you nearly wept during is going for the double or nothing.

Wait… AVPx2 IS nothing. Man, that’s some crazy stuff…

STAY TUNED!

P.S. Iathouz, that slowmo sigline is JUST for you.

Brak
    • Markshire PCs:

The trailer looks good but I’m not holding my breath. At least the Predator wont be anyone’s buddy. He pulling off heads and doing double headshots just like the old days. T and I were discussing it awhile back. Not saying this will be the be-all end-all and wipe the taste of AVP from our mouths but from the trailer its a step in the right direction.

Thankfully Anderson isn’t around the screw it up this time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qEAbpFTRpQ

Trailer is NSFW, F-bomb is dropped and man it’s gory. No PG rating on this one( itself an improvement). Watch the trailer, see if you dont go ” Ok, thats pretty cool” at least once.

I warned you not to watch the first one. What a steaming load that was.

BTW, back to ONE predator doing the killing, like it should be. He raises ALL kinds of hell in the trailer.

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

@Brak wrote:

I sat there and laughed in the movie theater with you while it happened. I heard the whimpers and mutterings and curses. πŸ˜†

We going to see this one together as well?

Brak
    • Markshire PCs:

@BeyondThePale wrote:

@Brak wrote:

I sat there and laughed in the movie theater with you while it happened. I heard the whimpers and mutterings and curses. πŸ˜†

We going to see this one together as well?

I forgot we watched it together, I blocked so much of that movie out.

If it turns out to be like the first one, I’ll need someone to carry me out twitching and muttering or at least drink with me as my childhood continues to be ravaged.

Call me Ahab.

G_kinkaid
    • Markshire PCs:

I think they might have something with this one πŸ™‚ I wanted the first one to rock, I really did, but they tried to make it appeal to too many I think.

*edit*

Another one that I had forgotten was being made until recently.

Brak
    • Markshire PCs:

At least they seem to have found the perfect Tony Stark.

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

I never saw the original AVP. I saw the WWE style moves being thrown around in the trailer and decided right there i’d never see it. The trailer for this one looks a lot better.. and I agree with Brak about it not being rated PG.. PG usually just means “pure garbage” in action films because they try to tone it down for the kids.

Iron man … heh I like their use of music in that trailer … of course I love Sabbath. It looked like it might be a fun movie to see with friends..

– mule

muddy
    • Markshire PCs:

The first AVP made me laugh out loud, a lot. This new one still makes me laugh out loud, but in a more sadistic way. I may even take an extended lunch to catch a matinΓ©e of it… mainly cuz I never saw an alien or a predator on the big screen…

that and the milk duds.

vlan2k
    • Markshire PCs:

THAT looks more like it. I knew it was gonna be good when the hottie gets pinned to the wall with throwing star. Never kill the eye-candy unless you’re serious about things.

Valgrimm
    • Markshire PCs:

Brak wrote:

At least they seem to have found the perfect Tony Stark.

Who would have thought Robert Downing Jr. could portray a drunken Ahole so well?

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

*raises hand*

Iathouz
    • Markshire PCs:

New ‘puter handles the sig line well, thanks. The old backup would have locked right away. Note how much faster that was then Mule.

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

you cheated, you had local help. It’s slow for me because I have to do everything myself and I didn’t have the convenience of knowing what was wrong exactly.

– mule

Monty
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

AGAIN, the reason to buy a name brand over a homebuilt…….

πŸ˜‰

M3C

vlan2k
    • Markshire PCs:

But Monty, buying a name-brand is EASY. You don’t get the satisfaction of banging your head against a wall for months trying to figure out what’s wrong, waiting on delivery of (wrong) parts, getting your hands into the computer (and breaking something). Where’s the sense of satisfaction in THAT?!?!? Besides, you get to save all KINDS of money while you’re offline for weeks and weeks…… and weeks.

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

yes, and buying name brand would have cost me $4-5 K more for my rig. Which works fine now thanks. You just keep suckin on that Dell teet and let papa mike make it all easy and better while he overcharges you for your computers.. and have fun talkin to tech support. “Did you turn your computer off and on? Ok… How about did you check to make sure it’s plugged in?”

– mule

Thrym
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs: Grottle, Gruzk, Ashimar

@mule wrote:

yes, and buying name brand would have cost me $4-5 K more for my rig. Which works fine now thanks. You just keep suckin on that Dell teet and let papa mike make it all easy and better while he overcharges you for your computers.. and have fun talkin to tech support. “Did you turn your computer off and on? Ok… How about did you check to make sure it’s plugged in?”

– mule

Actually, he paid less then the same components from Newegg.

A legal copy of Vista alone is worth $240.

Basic specs for his system …

Dual Core 1.86ghz (FSB 1066), 2gb DDR2 RAM, 320gb HD, 256 nVidia NWN2 Compatible vid card, DVD/CD-RW and DVD-RW drives all with SATA2 system.

And he doesn’t have to call Dell Tech Support. Though I have in the past and they had the issue resolved in 10 minutes.

s-m-r
    • Markshire PCs:

Mr. T, now that I’m working again I will most likely be contacting you about building a system once I’ve stored up some cash.

I’m not going to Vista; I want to stick with Windows XP (of which I have a box copy from Dell, which just *might* work on a home-built system).

Thrym
    Keymaster

@s-m-r wrote:

Mr. T, now that I’m working again I will most likely be contacting you about building a system once I’ve stored up some cash.

I’m not going to Vista; I want to stick with Windows XP (of which I have a box copy from Dell, which just *might* work on a home-built system).

Well, here’s the deal …

I can put together a series of components and hope everything works well together etc.

or for less I can get you the same exact computer pre-assembled with a 1yr warranty.

Just to put it in perspective …

The exact same computer I got Iathouz would have cost $130 more via components AND it doesn’t come with Windows pre-installed ready to go. Plus it requires assembly.

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

*puts chin in hands and waits for the mule volley*

s-m-r
    • Markshire PCs:

Well, I may not be a smart horse, but I do know what frugality is. That’s $130 better spent on beer and treating a woman right. In that order.

Either way, I’ll be pestering you for assistance, most likely next year.

BoostNJuice
    • Markshire PCs:

@s-m-r wrote:

so my laptop crashed awhile back, and I used the OEM XP that came with it on one of my current PCs, of course it would not activate. But the 30 day period ended a few days back………it now it just says please activate…..and still works fine, just have to deal with the balloon popping out. πŸ˜€

s-m-r
    • Markshire PCs:

I’ll keep that in mind, Boost. Thanks!

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

T has ways around issues like this as well. Munin’s license ran out. He fixed it’s wagon.

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

heh bought it from their as is warehouse didn’t ya? What’s the video card like in there?

– mule

Thrym
    Keymaster

@mule wrote:

heh bought it from their as is warehouse didn’t ya? What’s the video card like in there? – mule

It’s an nVidia 7300 turbo if I recall correctly.

Well within the gaming standards out now.

A year … well those are the short shelf-life parts.

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

*grumble* How much was it then? I checked and those specs go for around $1000 on dell, not bad but that’s what my comparable rig cost me when I first put my computer together.. fall 2006.

– mule

Thrym
    Keymaster

$509

Thrym
    Keymaster

*crickets*

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

well of course I haven’t checked the forum since then. And you must have stole it. There’s no way you got that system for that cheap without something being wrong. Who manufactures the ram?

– mule

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 56 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.