By Decree of Lord Mark!

Home Forums Discussion Forums Contests By Decree of Lord Mark!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Thrym
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs: Grottle, Gruzk, Ashimar

*Criers throughout Markshire direct everyone’s attention to special notices.*

NOTICE TO ONE AND ALL

It is once again the anniversary of our beloved kingdom.

Therefore I proclaim that this **Monday, January the 14th,** we shall enjoy the spectacle of a CITY WIDE CONTEST.

At 7 PM **EST** sharp the contest will begin. It will last for ONE HOUR. After the contest a winner shall be announced.

THIS CONTEST IS OPEN TO ALL WHO WISH TO ENTER.

The prizes are to be announced prior to the event. At the minimum everyone who participates will come away with some gold.

LORD ALLOX MARK
    *affixed with the seal of Lord Mark*

*********** OOC ***********

This is an In Character contest event. You must be present to participate. The contest starts at 7 pm EST and will last exactly one hour. Latecomers may still participate.

Evil PCs must be able to disguise themselves. Sorry, no Ogres, Trolls, Boggles or Fiends.

Each contestant will receive a contest item worth 50 gold and 100xp. So everyone who participates will get something out of this.

Those who wish to participate should show up at 6:45 pm EST. Rules for this contest will be discussed in game at that time.

Prizes shall be awarded for the top 3 contestants only.

1st Prize shall garner 500xp

2nd and 3rd Prizes shall garner 250xp

As stated; ALL CONTESTANTS will receive 100xp just for participating.

Additional prizes will be announced in game.

One final prize … The Winner will have their Forum Title changed to include “2008 Champion.

The only person exempt from this contest is ME. ALL DMs and Players may participate with their current PCs.

No new PCs shall be accepted for any existing Players. Only new Players may make new PCs. The level of any given PC will have little impact on the outcome of this contest. I fully expect that a person’s game speed will affect their ability to participate but you never know.

This is the third time we have run this event. The last event went off very well. Good luck one and all.

Monty
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

*Monty reads the notice, and hunts around for a listing of the rules, and can’t find one*

M3C

Thrym
    Keymaster

@Thrym wrote:

Those who wish to participate should show up at 6:45 pm EST. Rules for this contest will be discussed in game at that time.

Thrym
    Keymaster

And the winners are …

Grand Prize Winner
    Erica Draiman – Remus
    Erica captured 390 penguins

Second Place Winner
    Imkaro Jadys’varilo – G_Kinkaid
    Imkaro captured 358 penguins

Third Place Winner
    Sevron – Corgano
    Sevron captured 349 penguins

For those that still have their Snowglobes please ask a DM to allow you to turn them in for your 50 gold and 100xp if you want to.

Congrats to all who participated and especially those who won.

Monty
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

*Claps loudly for winners* Dang, that’s a lot of penguins!

M3C

Valgrimm
    • Markshire PCs:

what’s the record?

Thrym
    Keymaster

@Valgrimm wrote:

what’s the record?

You are looking at it this time.

The reasons this year’s contest results were so much higher then last year’s:

I rebuilt the spawning code for speed. Since the new spawning code (ie. Random Denizens) works so much better and quicker there’s no lag.

I also used a separate module for the game this year. So there was only Stonemark and its shoppes. Faster still.

So the new record with better module and scripts is 390 as set by Remus with Erica Draiman.

Domf’s initial record stands alone never to be beaten because we won’t be replicating the circumstances again.

domf
    • Markshire PCs:

*stretches*

Yea…i took the year off on account of some computer/connection problems…

gotta let other people win sometimes 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.