Character Development Sessions (CDS)

Home Forums Discussion Forums Out of Game Character Development Sessions (CDS)

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

Thrym and I have talked about this for some time, and I alluded to it elsewhere.

We have gotten to the 130 range of areas thus far, and we have been focused on building, scripting, etc. While far from any end product, we realize that this, coupled with the sessions every other week, have made it tough to stay in tune with your character.

So, we’d like to propose the CDS. Give us your ideas for furthering your character plot and background wise and we will do our best to be accomodating. If you and another player get along well and you want to have something involving more than just yourself we welcome that as well.

Once the idea has been discussed, we will set up the server for your tailored session. But we need input. Not “I want to find a Staff of Power” but rather “I wish to delve further into such and such issue with my character by doing this.” This will allow you to enrich your character, not necessarily your XP totals or purse. It will also help us see your characters as you want them seen.

Feel free to throw ideas out, PM or forum wise. The more the merrier.

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

well for nordbert you could delve into two areas.
    1. he’s kind of shady, fenced goods and all that.
    2. He has that really bad hatred of giants.

how is that for starters?

– mule

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

We have a winner!

All right, Nord has a hate on for giants. We never noticed he was shady before now, so this is something we can work to improve with you, I just know you have it in ya if you work at it.

PM me with a night you would like to do this. Add in ANY ideas you may have to work on this at all, characters from your past, goals or things you’d like to work at, anything at all. I will get the server set up for you.

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

Heh, you haven’t noticed because he’s that good.

– mule

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

Well, we had our fist foray into the CDS’ Sunday evening and while they were spur of the moment, I think they were enjoyable for those involved, and better yet gave us an idea on how they will play out in the future, and how to make them even more enjoyable and pertinent.

Give us some more input, via PM or here, and by all means try to schedule a time with us if you have something solid you want to go forward with. We also got to expand the players knowledge of the world slightly and hope that this will be involved in the future CDS’ as well.

Cayle
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

Well, for Thork, I see him taking on a fascination with bears; especially given that they are a common bezerker totem and after the bear the first session. Wearing a bear-hair shirt, practicing grunting, eating raw meat, etc. He is fixating on bears as something he wants to become. The guy might actually get philosophical about the things, which would be a very scary sight.

Shanara
    • Markshire PCs:

Spana is close to level 5 now and Ranger’s get their animal companions at level 6. I have always loved coming up with how an animal becomes a companion to my rangers, and written up in forums about it, but have never had the chance to rp it out.

I understand, I can have that chance now and would love to work something out. I have an idea in mind and am hoping to get some help with it. It’s something I think would start fairly soon as I think trust would have to build up, at least that’s how I’ve always wrote it up before.

I’ll be giving her a wolf companion. That was the first animal she was able to “calm.” And, as she has such an affinity for the forest, makes the most sense to me. Plus wolves are cool.

So any thoughts?

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

PM sent, I hope to have some time to assist with it this weekend.

Sarkhan
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

Well lets see Ahh… Sar (and myself) Dont remember what happen right before Sar was sent to the Foothold(Big Blinding Flash of Light) Meaning Did he kill Kyle or did the Gods intervean before he had the chance?

Also I am working on getting 5 levels of Barbarian (Represents The rage he feels for what happen to Crista

Then I plan on taking Ranger long enough to gain His animal Companion (Represents the ways of his peaple to bond with the Tigers of there world will probably pick either the bear or one of the Great Cats) Another option I have is to Take Druid

After that I’m not sure maybe The Champion of Torn (Represents His will to protect the innocent

s-m-r
    • Markshire PCs:

Kurm’s recent death-experience and botched raising has really darkened his perspective considerably. He’s finding fewer and fewer people of whom to be trusting, and has developed a nasty attitude to boot (some recent interactions with Sar, Reinhart, and the Bear Spirit of the nearby Kobold Cave served to develop/demonstrate this).

I’d like some event to either reinforce or assuage some of this paranoia. If it has something to do with otherworldly or supernatural creatures, the better. Do you guys do anything related to the Norns? Developing Kurm’s chaotic-neutral nature in a world overseen by the Fates would be an interesting dynamic to tackle. Also, undertaking some more of the “dirty” or riskier missions for Engman seems like a worthwhile undertaking for someone who’s questioning his boundaries just about daily. He’ll take any chance to prove himself with a near-suicidal devotion and a daredevil’s temperament. He might even start choosing to go after particular PCs if the mood strikes him right.

Essentially, Kurm is an angry youth. I’d like to throw some spooky stuff into the mix, forcing him to ask more questions about his role in the world. He’s definitely lacking involement with The Family these days, as well.

Intentionally vague? Possibly…That’s the best I can do at the moment. Let the good times roll.

–SMR

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

I got the perfect thing for Kurm. Thanks for the heads up.

Sarkhan
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

I decided to take the level of Druid so any time your ready to RP my Bear Just chase me down with a few. 😯 Not really I was just kidding please dont make me bear food

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

*bump* I have gotten a few hits in the DM channel for Character Development issues. At times we lack the time at that moment, knowledge of said idea, or just time to plan it properly. I have run two PrC development events recently, and also have tried to help out others, but keep the PMs coming to the DMs or on here.

You may be surprised with what we come up with, as Kurm was last night. 😈

s-m-r
    • Markshire PCs:

A hearty “Aye!” to that. I had no idea what I was in for, literally.

Kurm was led to the woods with a crate full of beer and high hopes for gold when he went out there…My mouth was literally agape from the moment I saw the glade start doing funny stuff…then Kaldt showed up…then Rok and Brak showed up…the lights went low…

…And you know the rest of the story. 🙂 But the point is that I had sent a PM to BTP for a little session to bring me up to 8th level. The terror now known as The Nameless and last night’s excellent session was the response…!

My hat goes off to the DMs for pulling off such a great maguffin. I fell for it hook, line, and sinker.

–SlowMotionRiot

domf
    • Markshire PCs:

Dram is getting to the point where he needs to start utilizing his RP options..

I had thoughts of him going to SD though i dont know how realistic that idea is..

Mainly, Dram was going to be a ‘sharpshooter’ focused mainly on his fancy shots with his bow..and speaking of bow…the bow that is offered now is the +1 AB +3 mighty one…i adopted carpentry, but it appears that the best bow that can be made does not have the mighty attribute. So, this is alittle upsetting when it seems that already Dram has his lifelong bow..

It would be nice to see, since Dram is spending time in Carpentry..to maybe have the option to pursue a better bow?

Soon to be Dram’s own opinion..a bow not made by Dram is inferior…dunno maybe something can be worked out…but as it stands the craftable bows aren’t statistically as good as the one you can buy for 4K

-domf

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

1. On MS Prestige Classes aren’t just something you toss into a character build. In many aspects we look at them as a way of life. So regarding Shadowdancer, a LOT more has to go into it.

2. Regarding a better bow, this is NOT a problem at all. While we will not just pop in and hand you one, we will most certainly help you work towards the creation on one. We’ll banter this about on the DM boards.

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

Feedback on CDS sessions is always welcome. 🙂

domf
    • Markshire PCs:

BTP…

A night full of exhilaration and ‘classy’ emoting made my crappy day turn into one of the best ones all week…

You can not even begin to understand how much last night friggin rocked..

Special thanks to BTP and Tarek and anyone else who was involved…

it is very safe to say the this CDS made my week…thanks again!

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

*bumpitty*

For those of you that are new, check it out. Tell us you want to have something tailored to you and we will try. Want to lead a treasure hunt for lost Yeti swag? Post or PM it. Want to get an ornate tattoo by a kobold necromancer? PM or Post it.

Not so new?

PM or Post it. You’d be surprised how few of these we have gotten.

Voran Falcona
    • Markshire PCs:

Well, I had been talking to SMR about this, but I had no real ideas while we were conversing. I’ve given it some thought, and I think I have something now.

Idea 1: At some point in his time here, Voran was hoping to learn more about Harrow and his strange garden (I was pulled in there pretty quickly after I joined here). He’s hoping that with an understanding of the frightening place he can protect others from its terrors. Or at least use the knowledge to conquer his own fears.

Idea 2 (Vague): There’s an area in the forest Voran really likes. It’s basically a small pond with a piece of land that extends towards its center. It looks like a place where some sort of rituals would occur, but he knows not what type or if he’s correct.

If you need more info about the place in Idea 2, it’s a little southeast of the Narlynwik Goblins’ giant log home (I think). I also took a screen of the place if that can be of any use.

Actually, just a followup to that mutant rat infestation that BTP sent to me would be cool too.

Thanks in advance! Let me know if I could help you by elaborating a bit more.

Lt. Tyler
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

Thanks to Bonesy for a great time last night!

It was lots of fun, and thanks for bearing with
    the technical glitches.

Plus, it opened up lots of stuff for Scrimdad to
    follow up on.

Cheers, LT

Oh, and if all you out there haven’t contacted the DMs
    about character development stuff, what the heck are
    you waiting for? You are missing out!

KrowsWasteland
    • Markshire PCs:

If not guessed by now already, Anadra is suffering from amnesia, and that she was found in the Timeless Desert being carried on the back of Kyton the Bear. Memories that she’s done repetetively and that were a big effect in her life she has remembered so far, and motor skills and speech is virtually unaffected.. The simple day to day occurances she had in the past were not so vivid, and she hasn’t recalled them yet. Because of this, she only remembers about two people from the past right now.

So far Anadra doesn’t know what happened out there, but it’s hinted that Kyton is keeping information from her. This can go multiple ways, though I’m not sure which to choose.

1. Anadra was targeted by the Lich-Child in the past…maybe he had something to do with it.

2. She was defeated and left barely alive.

3. Kyton the Bear struck her from behind because her constant worry for Sarien was interfering with her judgement and views.

Which door should Anadra take?

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

I choose 2, maybe with a twist. She was deafeated in Arik. Kyton barely got her out in time before she was devored by the undead and worse there.

– mule

Monty
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

Maybe a mind-flayer attack?

M3C

KrowsWasteland
    • Markshire PCs:

Nahhh….not sure mindflayers exist in Markshire… (or do they? 😯 )

The Arik thing may have a good approach. It can maybe be assumed that Kyton the Bear got lost in the Timeless Desert looking for the gates or something.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Markshire PCs:

Oh…Mind Flayers are here. Met several of them in Arik.

Corgano
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

This is for Belferon…

Belferon is very big on the freedom concept and hates slavery and such. This is due to some childhood experiences thanks to his uncle Kane. Several of his friends from when he was a child were sold into slavery. Belferon worships Hermod as his god and greatly respects the freedom aspect of Hermod.

I was wondering if it would be possible to have some type of slavery ring in place some where that is interrupting caravans/raiding etc. that would need to be sought out and abolished. I tink this would be a perfect quest for Bel to undertake with some of his friends.

I hope this is in line with a CD quest for him.

Thanks!

Remus
    • Markshire PCs:

Last night Erica got a nice clean ancient white dragons skull, and Ed mentioned something about crafting with it. It would be nice if we can do something with this in a little while.

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

Anyone that garnered some of the byproducts from last night, ship me a PM with your intent. I will do my best, just keep in mind the scope of what you try to do is based on effort, character IG ability, etc.

Monty
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

Well, first I’d like to tan the dragon hides…..then we can figure out what to make from them.

M3C

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.