Cherry blossoms in winter

Home Forums Discussion Forums Out of Game Cherry blossoms in winter

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Brindisium
    • Markshire PCs:

Its been a while since anyone posted a bio, so props to you Sunny (SypmasterGend) for posting one, and such a good one at that.

https://markshire.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=26110#26110

Its good to have you around, hope you enjoy your time here.

Ceorlas
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

One of the very few across several bio forum boards that leaves me impatient for the continuation .. beaut stuff 🙂

Corgano
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

A very nice piece. Glad to have another to adventure with.

Peace,
    Cor

Monty
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

Very readable. Hope you get lots of stuff to write about…. 😈

M3C

SpymasterGend
    • Markshire PCs:

Thanks all. Much more fun than writing for work, but I just can’t seem to get her to Markshire. Be novella-length before I get to Sunny’s first levelup, which happened in-game pretty fast. Gggharr.

When I first visited Markshire a couple of weeks ago, I had no intention of doing a bio, and certainly not of spending time writing when I could be playing. My experience after just a couple of play sessions changed my mind (I also just read an old post about how the DMs use the Bios to help further character development–feel free to cite me as corroboration).

A couple of reasons for that. The backstory might be in my head, but nobody else knows it, and it’s damn hard for Sunny to tell..er..relate it. The patience and support of the players, characters, and DMs Sunny and I have encountered early on is actually quite astounding. //go ahead, just type *pat self on back*

So if Sunny and I can entertain, amplify or even simplify (in terms of interacting with Sunny, especially) your experience, in- or out-of-, a bit of interesting backstory seems the absolute least we can do to repay the favor.

Oh, yeah. I haven’t personally explored Markshire’s coastal regions (yet), so if I’m about to run into contextual difficulty getting Sunny ashore, please feed any “realism” parameters my way: viable ports, trade routes, etc. That’ll be more important after the crossing.

One of the fun challenges, of course, is explaining how someone can live for over a century, have years of travelling adventures, and still be level 1. Either that’s the elf-time continuum, or Sunny must not have had a DM logged in before she got to Markshire. 😉

Cheers,

Gend

Thrym
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs: Grottle, Gruzk, Ashimar

@SpymasterGend wrote:

Oh, yeah. I haven’t personally explored Markshire’s coastal regions (yet), so if I’m about to run into contextual difficulty getting Sunny ashore, please feed any “realism” parameters my way: viable ports, trade routes, etc. That’ll be more important after the crossing.

Um …

Map of Markshire

We’re kind of land locked.

Think of Markshire being rooted in the middle of Northern Canada and the coasts are well east and west of it. South is a long way to water.

As you can see the mountains creating the Markshire valley prevent direct routes to any coast.

So you should include that she traveled overland and up river to reach Markshire.

SpymasterGend
    • Markshire PCs:

Silly Gend not read map–think blue desert water. Make Sunny take riverboat ride. Riverboat better–no waves. Sunny slap Gend later. Nahh..do right now. “Ouch!”

Gend

SpymasterGend
    • Markshire PCs:

Gend finally get me to river and onto map. Finally to real people he not make up for me to talk to. He say easier now–is just words not invention. But Sunny know words hard sometimes–Sunny know that good.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.