Christmas Presents?

Home Forums Discussion Forums Makes you go, Hmmmm? Christmas Presents?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    muddy
    • Markshire PCs:

What did you all get for Christmas that is super sweet?

My wife got some sort of sinus/chest cold last Saturday and is now morphing it into the flu on Day 6. I managed to come down with everything you can catch and am now on Day 3.

FLIPPIN’ SWEET!

Thrym
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs: Grottle, Gruzk, Ashimar

Let’s see …

Head Cold turned into Chest Cold turned into Respiratory Infection 2007. Not to be confused with the RI 1997. Heh, ten-year anniversary of me not being able to breathe proper like, great.

Mother’s dogs decided to offload refugees and now the couch at my place is infested … BOOM!! *bug bomb goes off*

Other then those items we’re all fine and dandy.

I turned off the computer Christmas Day (around 1pm, still had Christmas stuff to work on with it) and left it off till this afternoon. I had Monday thru Wednesday off.

Watched the Ocean’s trilogy (Clooney’s thieves not Discovery Channel) and finally watched the Sci-fi mini-series, Tin Man. This is a much more interesting take on the Wizard of Oz stories and amused me.

Also managed to get in National Treasure: Book of Secrets with the kids. Another solid flick from my arch-movie-nemesis, Nicholas Cage. Damn him for being bankable. Though, I have to admit, he’s unusually animated in these history clue movies. Must be he’s a history buff.

Got a remote starter for the car. WOOT! There was much rejoicing. Damned snow and cold won’t be bothering me no more. Now, just have to get it installed. This is where it’s helpful to know certain people who are car electronics savvy and will cut you a deal on said installation.

So there you have it. A wonderfully quiet Christmas of me wheezing and coughing, watching movies and catching up on some zzzz’s.

s-m-r
    • Markshire PCs:

I don’t celebrate Christmas, but my family does…My mum insisted on purchasing me a new Old Navy wool coat. I still like the one I wear already (it was my father’s coat, and practically speaking, it’s longer and better made than the one she just gave me).

I’d give it to someone else, but she’d be upset that I unloaded it elsewhere. I suppose it’s to be one of those things you wear only when making an appearance with the relatives… 😕

muddy
    • Markshire PCs:

no christmas?

no eating of the meat?

at least you like st bernardis or else i’d have to worry. 😉

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

I get to sleep on my parents couch for a week and a half. Yay mom and dad not having a guest bedroom. I use the term “sleep” lightly, because I’ve been going to be around 2-4am and they get up to get ready for work at 6-8am…

As for actual presents, I got a Garmin as a new toy, no more getting lost in the Va heh. I also was given 4 of the sandman collections, clothes, and a multitap USB port thingy. All of which I can use so I made out like a bandit this year.

– mule

BoostNJuice
    • Markshire PCs:

this is what I got, and It works awesome

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/gaming/productdetails.aspx?pid=090

It is just a standard wireless Xbox 360 controller, with a USB receiver. My friend came over with his 360, and I was able to connect two more controllers, and I guess I can add up to 16? I read that somewhere. I also got Madden ’08 for the PC and multi-player is a blast.

Opinvu
    • Markshire PCs:

Nice to hear all the happy gift receivers here. I got some under shirts, ya’know the Hanes stuff. I also got a griddle, 22″. WOOP! Now I can cook eggs and panacakes with ease and all at the same time. I love brerakfast foods and can cook them all, nearly, very well. This new Apt. has only 2 burners and no stove, so this was a great addition to my cooking resources. And, well that’s it. We draw names and are supposed to only buy one gift for the name you received and keep it around $20.

No christmas!? Leave it to a rock-star to tell us Christmas is bad and meat is bad, but his meat is good and his gifts are grand only $12.99 at your local records store…(though the gift of music is piceless) I won’t worry until you tell us to convert to scientology. hehehe

This year I did well, so I went to Archie Mcphee’s and got 10 extra gifts for gameplay prizes. http://www.mcphee.com Great store. My mother bought “Are you smarter than a 5th grader?” the board game. (card trivia) The gummy haagas and the angry scottsman gifts really hit the mark. Lots of laughter and fun.

Best Christmas ever, thus far. Despite only getting a griddle. I did get a book to guide me to author-dum. Maybe my stories will improve and beccome more like a book like I hoped for. That was from my name drawer. I got my mom a yard orniment called the Frog King. A crowned frog holding a solar powered orb with a bulb in it. I painted it with some nice vivid colors and made her feel guilty about only geting me a griddle. All in all, greatness!

When I got home, I turned on my PC, which I turn off everytime I leave for more than just a day trip. This time the monitor didn’t ‘wake-up’. My 19″ Hitachi flat screen super monitor won’t charge the tube. My back-up lcd is actually working, but most of my games aren’t working…they won’t load up, simply cause I changed monitors? Maybe.

I reloaded GTA San andreas and Viola? Yes and no. Error! Error! My slave HDD failure… )*&#$)%*#)$%*&(#%&^&*$ The cascading failures begins…. Right now using laptop from work again. I did get 500 smackers from xmas bonus, might be getting new MOBO and vid card and HDD and monitor if IU can find all in the right price sum.

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

I think Mrs. Bones has plans for me to do some more work around the house. Lucky for me it still needs to be filled. Damn thing is as tall as she is.

muddy
    • Markshire PCs:

Nice chest.

I could post pictures of me in my gift, full set of Under Armour. Package not included.

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

@muddy wrote:

Package not included.

Need more be said?

muddy
    • Markshire PCs:

@BeyondThePale wrote:

@muddy wrote:

Package not included.

Need more be said?

Rather than reply I’ll just tuck and run…

No need to offend.

G_kinkaid
    • Markshire PCs:

There’s a picture tuck/package funny in there, but I ain’t diggin’ for it.

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

Heh, par for the course, first muddy compliments BTP’s chest then he talks about his package and tucking it. I sure ain’t gonna post the pics to illustrate this one.

– mule

muddy
    • Markshire PCs:

the pics turned out?

SWEET!

domf
    • Markshire PCs:

I made out like a bandit as well…got a sweet north face coat and some other fun gadgets…

movies…tools…clothes…fun fun stuff..

oh…btw…Mrs. Bones looks to be roughly the size of 7 cans of paint.

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

Yeah, she’s about a foot shorter than me.

muddy
    • Markshire PCs:

NICE suit. You clean up half way decent.

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

Just for that I’m going to send you your present.

Corgano
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

You two look really good, and good together. She’s really pretty. Nice catch BTP! 😀

Peace,
    Cor

domf
    • Markshire PCs:

is this where we start posting pictures of our significant others?

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

She’s cute, he still looks like a dorky sasquatch 😛 man am I gonna catch hel for that

what secret message …

– mule

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

One word mule. Wendigo.

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

How do you keep from using your death attack on everyone? It must be an awful strong urge to curb.

– mule

muddy
    • Markshire PCs:

@BeyondThePale wrote:

Just for that I’m going to send you your present.

*raises eyebrow*

you must’ve gotten something free

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

I resemble that remark!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.