Do the "other" races of MS have their own pantheon

Home Forums Discussion Forums Out of Game Do the "other" races of MS have their own pantheon

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Brindisium
    • Markshire PCs:

I’m thinking of dwarves but I guess this applies equally well to elves, gnomes and others.

If dwarves do have their own gods are they the ones from *cough* other campaign settings eg Abbathor, Berronar Truesilver, Clanggedin Silverbeard, Dugmaren Brightmantle, Dumathoin, Muamman Duathal, Vergadain etc.

Ta,
    -B

Iathouz
    • Markshire PCs:

Personal opinion is elves and dwarves should follow the same pantheon, as elves and dwarves were always part of the Norse mythology. Frey is an elven god, and a case could be made for Uller as well. As far as dwarves go, Thor’s sons Modi and Magni would not be bad choices as they represent ideals that the dwarves admire. (courage and strength respectively) One could also make an argument for the dwarven hero Fjalar as something of a demi-god.

As far as halflings and gnomes, its not well known, but in Norse mythology they were notorious penguin worshipers.

Brindisium
    • Markshire PCs:

@Iathouz wrote:

As far as halflings and gnomes, its not well known, but in Norse mythology they were notorious penguin worshipers.

🙂

Thanks Iathouz. As LT pointed out to me Bishop Kolton in Stonemark is a dwarf, so there is a good precedent. I like the idea of Durok worshipping Modi and Magni and I’ll have a poke around and see what I can find about Fjalar – he’s new to me.

Thrym
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs: Grottle, Gruzk, Ashimar

All races follow the Markshirian Pantheon.

As mentioned in The Markshire Pantheon most people worship a variety of gods to get them through their day-to-day routine.

The dwarves, elves, and such are no different.

Does that mean there is a focus for most places like there’s a focus for alignment for a country or city? Yup.

The primary worship of the country of Markshire is Odin, followed closely by Tyr.

The dwarves of Deephold are even bigger Odin worshipers.

The duegar of Bal’ynaz are Skadi worshipers.

Do the denizens of those two cities pay heed to Frigga to get pregnant or Freya to secure a love or Magni to bend a difficult piece of iron? Yup.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.