dragons true seeing

Home Forums Discussion Forums Bug Reporting dragons true seeing

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    muddy
    • Markshire PCs:

There is no way that a dragon should be able to chase you all the way across a map, up and down mountains, and all over the place if you have been invisible and hasted for a long period of time.

Rok excapes the dragons, gets away, and then climbs up the mountain to heal. Dragons then come on a beeline and follow him up and around and kill him pretty much 5 real life minutes afterwards as he’s hanging out “thinking”.

The dragon true seeing is really annoying, even in books or PnP they have to cast a “see invisibility” spell to see the adventurers or whoever.

Yes, I’m venting, I apologize, but I do think this is sorta buggy and should be fixed.

Thrym
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs: Grottle, Gruzk, Ashimar

Dragonsight is not True Seeing.

muddy
    • Markshire PCs:

Ok, point being they should not be able to chase you across the map back and forth 3 or 4 times if you can leave them in the dust after a potion of speed. It’s like the AI locks on you and won’t let go even after a huge amount of time.

Dragonsight, True Seeing, whatever it is, it seems a bit much.

Remus
    • Markshire PCs:

I think its just luck and such. Exploring Arik, i’ve found clumps of three dragons many times, and as long as i break sight with them before going to the next area, they usually don’t follow.

muddy
    • Markshire PCs:

I broke sight with the dragons in the Tundra, they did not break off the attack and still followed me all over the map. This bug report is partially a frustrated rant so don’t take it the wrong way, I just thought it was very very odd that they tracked me up and down mountains while I was invisible and hasted and 3/4 of the map ahead of them all.

Corgano
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

When that happens, I just try to remind myself that they can fly. And fly much faster than we can walk. There have been plenty of times it’s gone the other way, and the dragon gets, “Stuck” because he’s too fat. In PnP, he’d just claw/fly over the thing.
    Hope that helps ya feel a little better at least.

As to the Dragon sight, I’d have to read up on it.

Peace,
    Cor

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

supposed to be blind sight or something akin to it and only be for 30 feet. However this is a known bug with the game and I don’t think very fixable. The monsters lock on and NEVER lose that lock, not at least for a while.

– mule

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.