Electricity tip…

Home Forums Discussion Forums Makes you go, Hmmmm? Electricity tip…

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Opinvu July 6, 2008 at 5:21 pm.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

muddy
    • Markshire PCs:

It’s been a long time since I KNOWINGLY did something stupid.

Just in case you’re not real good with electricity I thought I’d pass this tidbit onto you.

When you are taping off a room to paint be very careful. The wood trim is easy and lulls you into a false sense of security when you finally start taping off electrical sockets. When you put tape over the sockets more is not better. Simply place a small piece of tape over the outside face of the socket. Do not fold tape back and into the dark depths of the socket. There is metal back there and current flows through it. When touched it does not feel good unless you are a sadist.

Moral of the story, don’t get overly aggressive when taping around electrical sockets and if you do, turn off the juice.

I hope my underwear comes clean.

muddy
    • Markshire PCs:

Another thing you can now quote me on…

“Electricity is invisible” – muddy

I hope that I live through the day…

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

lol now that sounds like a scene i’d have loved to see. Yo taped behind the plate?

– mule

muddy
    • Markshire PCs:

I took the outer plates off but the actual plug ins I just left and taped over. My phalanges got into the little support box a little too far.

Monty
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

ONE piece of 2″ Masking tape 4″ long is more than sufficient to cover a socket – remember, the faceplace goes over it, so a little paint in the box means nothing….

Caution is the watchword here!

🙂

M3C

Opinvu
    • Markshire PCs:

Actually, I think it’s Energy is invisible, electricity is not, lightning is proof.

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

Just to get technical on you there opi, the light is emitted from the atmosphere around the energy which is excited to give off photons as the electricity passes. IIRC that is.

– mule

muddy
    • Markshire PCs:

Quit hijacking my stupid hilljack thread with your damn science and brain power.

And for your information Monty, my pieces of tape were just a touch smaller than that… the problem was the slip of my finger as it went too deep into switch holder thingy…. 🙂

Slip of the finger… now THAT reminds me of one of my top three stories of all time. Best told in person, I can do facial expressions and such.

Opinvu
    • Markshire PCs:

LOL… ok, ok.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.