From the games that give spana motion sickness department…

Home Forums Discussion Forums Makes you go, Hmmmm? From the games that give spana motion sickness department…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    mule
    • Markshire PCs:

In case you all are wondering what i’m addicted to lately. Call of Duty 4 (COD4) came out and I bought it. My goodness that’s an intense game. I think i’m only one of a couple people here that enjoy a good FPS, especially an online one. There is a single player mode but if it’s like the COD1 single player mode it’s more meant to get you up to speed than have any real story. The game itself is as visually impressive as any i’ve seen, and not clunky like some other games that went the visually pretty route. The game play for a FPS is superb, though it does lack in the squad style that Battlefield by EA has down. But it has very solid networking code (a very important thing for FPS games) which Battlefield doesn’t. So if you don’t get motion sickness and enjoy FPS games I recommend this one. Just keep in mind the first time you play, it’s intense.

– mule

muddy
    • Markshire PCs:

How does it compare to Counterstrike because that game is the best FPS I’ve come across.

I’m not talking about graphics and such, just pure entertainment without having to think too much on moves, equipment, etc.

I enjoyed Battlefield Nam and 1942 but man, CS still gets me going.

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

well if you’re a purest it’s slightly complicated. There isn’t complex commands you have to give or anything. But there is going prone, crouching…actually it’s not that complicated. I mean you get one main gun and one pistol, and then some auxillary stuff. The most complicated it gets is when you are out of game and have to set up your character classes and choose perks which you unlock. But none of that is in game thinking and the perks are really straight forward. The auxially stuff can be fun too… rocket launchers, attached grenade launcher, remote C-4, claymore mines, flashbangs, smokes, etc…Overall i’d say you can play this one muddy without too much complication, I got up to speed real fast.

– mule

muddy
    • Markshire PCs:

wonder if my machine would run it…

the only thing CS wouldn’t do is go prone. you could crouch and such. prone is a bad thing if you’re fighting against me, i’m a dreaded sniper/camper..

granted, if i’m on your team you love it. 🙂

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

heh the snipers have drift in their aiming when zoomed it that correlates to their breathing. Of course there’s also a way to hold your breath for a brief time to steady your aim. And there are perks that increase that time you can hold your breath. It’s pretty cool.

– mule

muddy
    • Markshire PCs:

I played a game like that once… didn’t the Battlefield FPS’s have scope movement with breathing.

Honestly, if they really want to get it right they should have the scope bounce with the heartbeat. When adrenaline is going breathing is pretty easy to steady, it’s the strong heartbeat that always makes my crosshairs jump around.

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

heh well I wouldn’t have experience there, maybe they’re cold hearted killers and don’t get all excited in battle? heh I don’t know the breathing thing is pretty exaggerated then if the heartbeat is more bouncy, unless your heart pounds like a giant kettle drum.

– mule

BoostNJuice
    • Markshire PCs:

@muddy wrote:

I played a game like that once… didn’t the Battlefield FPS’s have scope movement with breathing.

Honestly, if they really want to get it right they should have the scope bounce with the heartbeat. When adrenaline is going breathing is pretty easy to steady, it’s the strong heartbeat that always makes my crosshairs jump around.

Metal Gear Solid had this feature, and you could pop some Diasapam(sp?) to calm you down and steady the scope.

Valgrimm
    • Markshire PCs:

Hey mule, I was wondering how violent the game is. My son is almost 12 and he plays games like Halo 2 and medal of honor, both of which I’ve played through and weren’t that bad. I had heard that this game was particularly more violent than most shooters. He wants it for X mas and my wife is against it.

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

Define violent? BLoody and Gory? Not particularly, I think there’s a setting in the options to turn that stuff off.

Frag-tastic? Yes, very realistic in regards to the fact that you die quick and hard in this game. A bullet in the wrong spot puts you down fast. Halo kind of dulls the violence with the shield thing, making it more cartoony. This is probably more “realistic” in it’s portrayal but there’s no blood spurting everywhere or anything. If I can get my packet loss issue fixed next time I play i’ll look at it from a violence perspective and give you a better report out.

– mule

Valgrimm
    • Markshire PCs:

Okay thanks, I had heard there were scenes where attack dogs ripped people apart and you could blast people’s heads off. The problems isn’t necessarily that my oldest will see the violent images, he is very grounded in reality, his younger brother on the other hand, seems to things like that too seriously. And where one brother has a game, the other will enevitably see it or play it.

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

hrmm I haven’t played the single player. So I can’t say if that happens or not. If it does it’s a cinematic and not part of the regular game play, not heads going pop or dogs in the multiplayer. I also can’t speak for the xbox 360 content.

– mule

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

I played the PS3 version of single player COD4 (At a friends) there are dogs, yes they knock you down and then you get a FPS view of your face being bitten. Yes, to fend them off you either shoot them before they get on you or if they get on you there’s some button sequence which i’m told makes you snap their necks (I never achieved this, just shot them). So i’d say the single player modes pretty violent in that regards. Bloods still not that much an issue anymore than in the multi-player mode. So from that end it’s no different than any other FPS. Hope this helps you make your decision.

– mule

domf
    • Markshire PCs:

wow..the sniper sounds realistic….brings me back to the days of rumble packs…

i dont know valgrimm….i am all about FPS…but the actual way of killing people might be too realistic…not necessarily the blood and guts…

but i dont know….its apparent i am not a parent

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.