Games you’re looking forward too?

Home Forums Discussion Forums Makes you go, Hmmmm? Games you’re looking forward too?

This topic contains 57 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  Corgano April 23, 2009 at 1:55 am.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 58 total)
  • Author

Corgano
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

For me, it will be:

1) Fallout 3
    2) Dragon Age
    3) Spore

Oh, and they’re calling Dragon Age the Spiritual Successor to Baldur’s Gate!!! Man they got me hooked already! 😀

Here’s a link so you can read a little bit about some of my picks.

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3166088

Remus
    • Markshire PCs:

In no particular order:

Fable 2
    Wrath of the Lich King
    Star Wars: Force Unleashed

Brindisium
    • Markshire PCs:

The next instalment of The Grippli Blight! Finally managed to locate and order a replacement S939 motherboard. Due in two weeks. See you all soon I hope.

And (2) Dragon Age.

muddy
    • Markshire PCs:

Hmm… games that I will be looking forward to playing come this time next year?

Change the diaper
    Gag at the poo
    How long can I go on 2 hours of sleep

Then a couple years down the line…

Candyland
    Hungry Hungry Hippos (this game is totally badass)
    Chutes & Ladders

Corgano
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

Hey Brind! Glad to see that you’re still alive and kicking! Hope to see you soon too.

I’ll have to read up on Star Wars: Force Unleashed. Sounds cool.

And Muddy, congrats on the new born. But, by the time they get to Candy Land they should already be playing computer games! 😉

Peace,
    Cor

SpymasterGend
    • Markshire PCs:

Congrats to Muddy indeed, but beware. From recent experience, I can state categorically that few things are more mind-numbing than Candyland: a viable counterstrategy is conveniently misplacing some critical pieces…

And once you are better rested, you may well consider also the option of not replacing dead batteries in certain toys, usually those received as presents from your friends not blessed with children.

Keeping those caveats in mind, though, “Play on!”

Gend

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

@spymastergend wrote:

And once you are better rested, you may well consider also the option of not replacing dead batteries in certain toys, usually those received as presents from your friends not blessed with children.

Dang markers I got for an Iathouz spawn for Xmas didn’t end up on the walls at all. VERY disappointed in that child.

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

you should have gotten his dog something that would put color on his tongue, that way it would rub of on what it licked. 😈

– mule

Valgrimm
    • Markshire PCs:

I am looking forward to playing this game, because I already have it, just haven’t had too much time to play it.—Grand Theft Auto IV!

Fully rendered city with little to no load times and lots of stuff to do. Completion of the game is suppose to take 100 hours +. So far I’ve done the first 6 or 7 missions with ease. This game is not for the easily offended or for kids to see. With in the first 10 minutes of the game there were several references to sex and drugs also dozens of F bombs dropped. I was chased by the fuzz, killed a few rival drug dealers, busted up some stores for protection money and stolen a few nice rides. Sometimes it’s fun to be bad.

As far as games go, gta4 appears to be the pinnacle of the crime genre.

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

So is it for the 360 or the PS3? I hear MS paid take two $50 mil for exclusive content. I also hear the PS3 version is better in some ways but not all.

– mule

Thrym
    Thrym
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs: Grottle, Gruzk, Ashimar

@mule wrote:

MS

There’s only ONE MS. And it ain’t Microsoft.

Cayle
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

@corgano wrote:

For me, it will be:

1) Fallout 3
    2) Dragon Age
    3) Spore

Oh, and they’re calling Dragon Age the Spiritual Successor to Baldur’s Gate!!! Man they got me hooked already! 😀

Bioware is using heavy DRM on the PC version of Mass Effect. If this is the way they are going, I have purchased my last Bioware game. 🙁

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

yeah, the stupid part is people can still rip it off. All that stuff does is piss off the honest users.

– mule

Corgano
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

@cayle wrote:

Bioware is using heavy DRM on the PC version of Mass Effect. If this is the way they are going, I have purchased my last Bioware game. 🙁

Wow, that is really a pain in the arse. I seriously hope they don’t continue that practice.

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

Honestly do we need laws regulating this crap? So now if someone doesn’t have an internet connection they have to call EA every 10 days? I wonder how many gamers we can get to boycott EA… the worst part of this is that they’re putting it on SPORE too.. I was looking forward to that one but now I am not sure i’ll buy it. I am seriously considering not buying anymore EA games until they stop using this DRM.

On a better note, fallout 3 should be coming out soon right?

– mule

Corgano
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

Fallout 3… I want to say September-ish… BUT don’t quote me on that. I tried to confirm it from their site, and then various interviews but couldn’t find a release date for ya Mule.

Still, I hope they do the game justice. It does look to be right up your alley Mule, with over 500 endings as they’ve said.

Corgano
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

Spore Update:

Here’s a link to the free trial version of the creature creator for Spore:

http://www.spore.com/getSpore/index#ccgetspore

It’s about 200MB, so you’ll probably need a broadband connection to play with this. Good news is though that it downloads fast (about 4 min on cable). Also… This is as fun as heck and I can’t wait till the game comes out in September!!!

Peace,
    Cor

s-m-r
    • Markshire PCs:

I really wish I was more into online gaming so I could justify purchasing the new Conan game.

I LOOOOOOOVE Hyborean mythos stuff…Almost as cool as Lovecraft material.

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

ya I have been meaning to check it out. Apparently you can play an Amazon and go around in the buff… which of course is a +++

– mule

Lt. Tyler
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

My brother already warned me against it. I’ll try and get a more in depth review of it from him.

But I won’t ask whether he’s currently an Amazon traipsing around Hyborea. *knocks head* There’s already enough therapist material up here, and I don’t need no more.

Corgano
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

I hear that there’s lots of blood and gore too… so… bonus!

Thrym
    Thrym
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs: Grottle, Gruzk, Ashimar

Learn more at the Conan Vault … http://conanvault.ign.com/

Corgano
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

Spore fans!

You may now search the Spore-opedia to look at all of the cool critters people have already made with the critter creator:

http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=srch-corgano

You can search for Corgano to see what I’ve made so far… 😀

Peace,
    Cor

Voran Falcona
    • Markshire PCs:

Nice work on making the Xorn!

Corgano
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

Thanks man! I’ve had a blast making them all! And I’m sure I’ll continue having fun making more of them!

Some of them are just for show and really not functional for the game. Can you say, fodder? 😀 That’s okay though, something has to feed my other meat eating critters! And other peoples too now that I’ve shared my creations with the community.

Incase you don’t know, the game uses other peoples critters to populate your planet and galaxy as you start a new game. There are many settings to change this with as well to limit who’s critters populate your universe and such.

I’m hoping to get a few of you on board and making some critters so we can all share each others critters and play with/against them with our own creations in our own worlds. Will be a lot of fun I’m thinking!

The only thing is the game doesn’t release till September… And the critter database is already at 500,000 + critters. These were all created in 3 days… 3 DAYS! By the time September rolls around there could be millions!

That’s why I’m so glad you can specify who’s critters you want in your game. Though a random game will truly be random that’s for sure!

The trial version of the editor is free like I said. The full version of the editor is like 10$ plus tax. However, the full version of the editor is included in the game once that comes out in September. But… I couldn’t wait and bought the full version of the editor anyways. 🙄

The only thing that doesn’t work quite properly yet is importing a creature into the editor. You’re supposed to be able to download any creature and then drag and drop it into the editor to play with it… but it doesn’t work right just yet. So, better to simply wait on that one. They do have 3 months to fix it after all. Hope to see your critter creations soon!

Thanks for listening/reading!!!
    Cor

😀

Corgano
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

MoW (Mystery of Westgate) for NWN2.

Coming out on July 4th! (That’s 10 days from now!)

Finally!

Apparently not… Delayed again I think. *Sighs* And all for the new DRM software, grr!

Corgano
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

Corgano
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

Dragon Age preview:

http://www.gamespot.com/video/920668/6194364/dragon-age-origins-e3-2008-stage-show-demo

Though, the guy in the video said there is no multi-player for this game… 😥 Looks like a single player solo type game then with some tools possibly? *shrugs*

Osay
    • Markshire PCs:

Being a big fan of Stargate, I am looking forward to this one…
    http://www.stargateworlds.com/

Opinvu
    • Markshire PCs:

Intersting Osay…I love the Stargate theorium they have going on there. I always am leary of a TV show based Video Game though. They pissed me off with the Star Wars games….Sometimes some things are best left on TV for their own reasons, like 90210 the video game for Wii Exersize.

The template is good though.. intersting just to see what they do with it.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 58 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.