Games you’re looking forward too?

Home Forums Discussion Forums Makes you go, Hmmmm? Games you’re looking forward too?

Viewing 28 posts - 31 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    • Markshire PCs:

Yes, I have some high hopes for it. Its theirs to ruin, thats for sure.
    We shall see.

Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

Demigod:

http://www.demigodthegame.com/

Looks pretty sweet!

• Markshire PCs:

looks pretty, we shall see.

– mule

• Markshire PCs:

@Opi wrote:

I always am leary of a TV show based Video Game though.

Almost all games based on TV show and especially ones based on films suck big time. If you check out gamespot’s reviews almost all of the movie-game adaptations bomb. After my kids begged to get such awful games as; the fantastic four and the hulk, I told them they aren’t allowed to buy any video games that are based on movie’s (with the exception of star wars)

Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

Well, here’s one for ya Val:

http://www.startrekonline.com/

That’s right… Star Trek Online is a MMO coming out where everybody gets to be a captain of a Federation or Klingon ship! Sounds a lot like EVE Online, BUT we’ll just have to wait and see how it unfolds. Apparently you can beam down to planets as well for away missions. This all sounds good in theory… but Trek games have a bad track record, I know. After looking at the screen shots I can say that it sure looks pretty, and just hope the game play is decent too. I’ll be keeping a close eye on this one to see how the game play footage looks. That should tell us a lot, eh? Or at least I hope we can get a feel for the game by watching that footage when it is released.

Peace,
    Cor

Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

I just picked up Fallout 3… (Think Oblivion with guns) Need I say more?

It’s much more of a first person shooter than the first 2 Fallouts ever were. Game looks great and plays well. I’m just not that good at it yet. 😆

Later,
    Cor

• Markshire PCs:

I am thorougly addicted to this one. If you like RPGs and FPS games this is the one for you. The FPS aspect isn’t as intense as say a COD4 but it’s not shabby either. The VATS is a great way to take into account your players stats in a FPS style, that and your actuall shooting is hampered/helped by your skill with the guns. The drawbacks to this game are very minor. The graphics could be prettier but meh, I don’t care about those anyway. THERE IS SO MUCH TO DO. I keep finding more and more sidequests and I ain’t even following the storyline yet. Get it and try it, it’s a lot of fun.

– mule

• Markshire PCs:

Has anyone played Fable 2?

Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

@Valgrimm wrote:

Has anyone played Fable 2?

Can’t say that I have Val. Is it a PC game?

As Mule wrote for Fallout, it’s a giant place and the VATS system rocks. I’m level 9 now, and all I can say is I’ve done a LOT of side quests and have followed the main story very little so far.

I have to ask you Mule, are you going the good guy route, or did you.. um.. have a fire works display in Megaton? I’ve gone the good guy route except for one thing that I lost Karma on… and I’ll explain that next, BUT I also had a LOT of guns at level 2 because of it.

Ok, I meet one of the caravans that travel the wastes going from place to place. The caravan is: Caravan master, pack ox, and a guard.

So I decided to follow them and see where they go. At first, all went well. I trailed the caravan and they took out some bandits. I think, “Bonus for me! free loot!” And indeed I simply picked over the fallen bandits remains. Free guns, armor, and ammo.

Now, this particular caravan was selling a lot of guns & ammo. So I got lucky. Some just sell junk. And as I picked up stuff I could then sell it to the caravan master for some better gear or, more ammo.

Then something unexpected happened… as we approached the city, the bandits took out the caravan master and the guard. Thus, my free looting was at an end. Or, so I thought…

I then picked over the remains of the caravan master and guard. I find a key on the caravan master. The ox wandered away from the fighting back toward the way it came from. It was the only one to survive besides me. So, I click on the ox… and low and behold the key I picked up opens up the inventory on the ox. ALL of the stuff the trader had for sale was now mine! And this was at level 2.

Rocket launcher, rifle, small arms, a ton of ammo, etc. And I only lost a tad bit of karma for all of that stuff! Thus, I’ve just been stocking up on ammo now and repairing my guns as I see fit.

It was shocking at first to see the caravan guy get toasted by the bandits using a flame thrower, but it turned out to be great for me!
    And none of that was scripted. Just completely random! Man, I love this game! 8)

Anyways, let me know which route you went Mule. I’ve been doing research quests for a lady in Megaton. Some great stuff there.

• Markshire PCs:

Oh man, slow poke. I’m level 18 already. I have a house in Megaton with most of the major stuff already. 😛

I didn’t follow the caravan route but I have a similar story. I paid for the upgrade to the caravan trader that sells armor items so when I saw him next I could buy better armors. Alas it was not meant to be. See when you are walking in the wilds you do have random spawns, they are level appropriate. This particular time I was cutting across the waste and I happened to cross the trade route just as the caravan owner, Crow, was walking down it a ways. Next thing I know I see him running for his life away from something i’ve never seen before; a deathclaw. This beast, imagine werewolf, was chasing my poor man down. I tried to shoot the vile thing with my trusty gun, Abraham Lincoln’s Repeater (<3), but to no avail. The poor man got caught on some terrain and the beastie tore him to shreds. Then it charged me, even at half life it was a pain to kill. After I did kill him I looted the caravan owner and got a similar key and some decent gear but I never did find the pack Brahmin. I did find the caravan guard who ran in the opposite direction. She was taking her ire out on the local fauna until she ran across another one of my spawns, a robot of particular vim and vigor (whom I hate with a passion) which quickly dispatched her with it's rocket launcher and minigun.

I am playing the good route btw. I usually play the good route my first time through a game. I find it more rewarding. I am a scrounger though and have been known to loot every last cup, butter knife, tin can, etc.. from a place. Though weight limits make that difficult. Remind me to tell you about Tenpenny tower sometimes 🙂 … I have already contemplated my evil character. She will be asian, into using her fists and melee weapons, stealthy, and have a penchant for human flesh and an affinity for children. 😈 Talking to them not eating them sicko.

Oh some advice. If you have not done the storyline quest much yet and find Vault 112 on your own do not go in. It’s a game bug that skips much of the storyline i’m told.

Also, in Bigtown (I think that’s the one) don’t offer to repair the robots to save them from Germantown. There are no robots.

Also, when you kill the AntAgonist (if you do) don’t sell her outfit. You need it.

Also, when you go to Tenpenny tower don’t piss anyone off and make them leave by stealing until after you’ve done what needs to be done there.

Just some mistakes i’ve made and/or heard about.

– mule

Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

Mule!!!

How the heck did you get to level 18? I finished the game at level 15. Hmm… But I must have missed a lot of side quests. I think I’ll replay this one after I get Sacred 2 and SoZ. This is def worth another play through. Especially if I go the evil route… Muhaha!

Laterz
    Cor

Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

*Speaker Squawk*

For all you Fallout 3 fans out there……

IGN has introduced: MAPS for fallout 3!

Not only maps, but quests and other stuff and it’s all EDITABLE. When you find something no one else has, you can add it to the map and get points for it towards a contributors rank – act fast, there are contributors with over 100 discoveries already!

*Speaker Squawk*

You may now return to your bomb shelters…..

M3C

• Markshire PCs:

cool little application. I need to figure out how to use it better. I Don’t know if i’ve discovered something knew or not compared to that map. I somehow doubt it. I have been all over the place. My only weak area is to the north. Good to see other people have been up there.

PS: Cor, I did a lot of sidequests. I haven’t even been to the Jefferson memorial for the main quest yet.

– mule

Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

I never did find Dogmeat… I wonder where he’s at? I want my dog! Oh well. I guess another play through will reveal more to me.

And the end is pretty darn nice. It has a *Censored* with a *Censored* that really was sweet!!!

Sorry, I had to censor myself so you can see it all for yourself when you get to the end. 8)

• Markshire PCs:

I dunno the end was anticlimactic for me. Oh and Dogmeat is in the scrapyard. But he’s kind of useless past about 5th level anyway. Now the hench you should get is Charan, just for what he does when you aquire his contract. Just saying.

– mule

• Markshire PCs:

ok, so I got a 360 for xmas, and for my b-day(just 4 days later) i got CoD WaW, and Fallout 3. not sure if this is the same as the PC version you are all playing, but sounds right. I am only level 5 at this point, so I’m sure there is a lot for me still do. I like this game a lot, with a minor exception of the dialog, I think Mass Effect has the best one ever… but the overall concept is fantastic. I have taken the path that i would in real life,i.e. I wouldn’t steal blatantly, but if I was wondering a mutant filled wasteland, i wouldn’t hesitate to snatch a stimpack wile the owner was in the other room. And I did kill the overseer in the vault, which pissed off Amada, not sure if she would have joined me otherwise.

little help here: where is “gunny” the brotherhood member who will train you to use power armor?

and can you guys play multi-player with me across platforms?(PC to 360)

Boost

Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

@BoostNJuice wrote:

little help here: where is “gunny” the brotherhood member who will train you to use power armor?

I wouldn’t worry about power armor for now. That guy is pretty late in the game. He’s in the brotherhood compound.

@BoostNJuice wrote:

and can you guys play multi-player with me across platforms?(PC to 360)

I think it depends on the game itself, but I’m not really that sure. Mule might know more or perhaps someone else?

Peace,
    Cor

• Markshire PCs:

CAREFUL!!! Addiction alert!! Fallout 3 will become ever addicting. I spent 5 snow days totally in game. While the power was on.

It seems Amata will never come with you. I did both, kill and not kill. Same general outcome. There are many ways to do one quest but they seem to still have only 2 outcomes, peaceful and evil. Some have more and some have only one outcome no matter what.

Gunny is in the Citadel. During the day he is in the training yard. At night he is in the A/b ring barracks.

Save all your power armor if found early.

Question everything. Explore, explore, explore. Don’t cheat and goto Thryms work.. i mean IGN.

I love Fallout 3. I found it is much easier if you are a girl. You get paths you wouldn’t as a guy. I did this after the same question came up about Amata. I didn’t know I could have a teamate until I met Jerico. So, as a woman I went way to fast cause it was going easy. I had lots of ammo and no hardships. As a male it has been more of a challenge. Still can only find 12 Boggleheads, and I am yet to find the weapon this Ailen power cells go to. But I am sure it must be a weapon. As it shows up under ammo. Figuring out how to do the quests as they intended is fun, specially the Communist party of Dave….or is it the land of Dave… or was it Daves ciarettes and imporium? Either way, plan on playing through more than once. it is easier to handel 4 times throuh than Mass Effect was.

• Markshire PCs:

What he said about the guy who trains you.

Also, I just flat out explored. I didn’t do the storyline until I hit level 20. That’s both good and bad. Good because you can handle whatever challenges get thrown at you in the storyline. Bad because nothing is too challenging after you get “repears stride” as an ability 🙂

also the alien tech gun is in the wreck thati’s in DC or on some random mob that picked it up.

I never did find the place to take the nuka cola formula and I never met this communist dave. So much stuff in this game.

– mule

• Markshire PCs:

I got my kids a Wii for X-mas and they absolutely love it. Being a video game junkie myself I thought I’de be able to find a game or two on the wii for me to play. After doing some shopping and internet research, I’ve concluded there are no good (RP or DnD) games for Wii. Most of the games are mindless button mashers, like guitar hero, or you’re are jumping around swinging your arms. This is fun for a short period of time, when I’m playing with the kids, but they aren’t the type of games I enjoy.

In keeping with the forum, the game I’m looking forward to is Markshire II.

• Markshire PCs:

Sorry Val, your right… PAper Mario… Blows! Burn him! I hate reading that much between playing.

Mule! Careful on the spoilers there.. .But your wrong about the ailen weapon. I found it.. I found it all! The Republic of Dave! hehehe yeah I swear he is really just a child molester… to many girls there and only 2 males… something fishy there.

I can’t figure out the LIVE portion of this Fallout. IT says it is free to play online. So, I create an account, I think I can login but it rejects me with this no Gamertag associated to my account. I don’t have an Xbox, so as it would seem, I can never have a gamertag without paying for one?

Oh and now I have 14 boggelheads.. 6 still ever elude me. Enough! Titanphilia awaits me!

• Markshire PCs:

Grand Theft Auto 4, PC
    Loven it, not as wonderful as San Andreas, but really cool for its own reasons. The physics and proportions are better and the dialogs and random conversations all are awesome, hillarious. But it requires a Gamer Tag from Xbox live in order save your game. I had allot of trouble getting this Gamer Tag since I don’t have an Xbox, and apparently my PC doesn’t have what itt akes to create a Silver account through the webpage. I get some strange error. After three days of trying, I found a coworker with an Xbox and used it to create an account, one that will end in one month. UGh…Games for Windows live… hated it!

• Markshire PCs:

what can you do “online” with fallout 3? the xbox version has no mulitplayer or online play that i can find. did you just need the gamertag to download patches/ updates? or can you play multiplayer on the pc?

• Markshire PCs:

No, no multi-player. It would appear it is merely for Gamertag points. These acheivements windows live has associated with the game.

Useless.

• Markshire PCs:

Dead Space

Not sure if it is on PC, or will be. I just seen the movie prelude to the game. The movie was an animation of course, but it was good. I hear the game is scarey like Doom 3. Maybe this was mentioned above, but I didn’t look. I just saw the movie and talked with a coworker about it. He has it on xbox and has been very pleased thus far.

Well, if you do try this one, check out the movie first. Gives allot of backstory and could help prepare you for the game itself.

Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

Dead Space for the PC:

http://pc.ign.com/objects/850/850401.html

IGN’s review, etc.

Peace,
    Corgano

• Markshire PCs:

Reminds me of Titanphilia.. mabye they stole it from me…well anyways, you’ll see. Cor.

Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

Well, I took a chance and bought a game called: Demigod.

It is so freaking fun and very enjoyable! Possibly the most fun game I’ve ever played, IMHO. I just wish there were more maps for it. It comes with 8 maps and 8 different Demigods to play. (More expected later as down loadable content I think…)

And each Demigod has it’s own skill tree that you can put points into during a game. So, there are lots of paths you can take with each Demigod based on your game style of play.

FYI: There’s no tutorial and very little in the way of directions. You can play a skirmish map and change the settings/win conditions to your liking and then play. It’s pretty easy to pick up on though.

Peace,
    Cor

Viewing 28 posts - 31 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.