Getting to The Gathering

Home Forums Admin Only The Gathering Getting to The Gathering

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  91X May 28, 2008 at 12:00 am.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Thrym
    Thrym
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs: Grottle, Gruzk, Ashimar

For those of you who are driving any distance to get to the location here’s a helper.

http://www.markshire2.com/gathering_directions.php

If the address you put in is accurate it will give you turn-by-turn directions via the fastest route.

For those that haven’t checked out the location here’s the link again …

http://www.century21thomas.com/content/house/su/pperch

muddy
    • Markshire PCs:

Roughly 18 hours through 7 states, I probably won’t be making it.

Someone do a tequila shot in my dishonor.

Thrym
    Thrym
    Keymaster

Monty is taking a train down to Mule and riding with him.

There’s a train station about 2 hours out. I’d be willing to come get you. It’s on our route down as well.

muddy
    • Markshire PCs:

Train? What’s its name/brand? Where’s it run through near me?

Thrym
    Thrym
    Keymaster

The one that I am referring to is Amtrak I believe.

Amtrak leaves Iowa City for Chicago twice daily. Obviously, there’s more time involved in train travel then air travel but the cost might be better.

http://www.amtrak.com

muddy
    • Markshire PCs:

There is no Iowa City on their listings… but Mt Pleasant and Davenport are not far at all. What is the closest city to the gathering that I should look for? I don’t know South Carolina at all.

Monty
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

Sadly, it’s probably more expensive on Amtrak. Plus, you would have to take the train to Washington DC, and then on to Dillon, SC. The trip would be more than 36 hours, and cost about $220. Not a realistic option. You would do better getting a flight from Chicago to Baltimore and then driving down with Mule or one of the other guys. Amtrak does NOT go southeast at all, really.

M3C

muddy
    • Markshire PCs:

I’m surprised you guys didn’t hear me laughing out there on the east coast.

I punched it in and had a 4 hour trip to Chi town, then 18 to DC then another 8 or 9 to South Carolina. 😆

91X
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

directions look good. it is the second house from that corner. we will be in a gold maxima, if we are there. if we are not, the key will be under the concrete pelican by the front steps. my cell number is 704-472-4674. the house number is 843-249-5075, so you can call and harass the ones that went.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.