Help with Paladin

Home Forums Discussion Forums Characters Help with Paladin

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Markshire PCs:

I’m all set to roleplay with a Paladin, complete with background story as well as how to roleplay spells and all those abilities. However, one thing that I don’t quite know how to explain is how you can start at first level as a paladin. I’m quite confused on the aspect of Paladins being a calling rather than a chosen vocation… or can it be a chosen vocation altogether? They are a base class so…?

Anyone got some 2 cents on this?

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

Well you should consider that even a first level character is leaps and bounds more talented, driven, and powerful than a commoner. So if you think about it a paladin could have been some obscure hedge knight of no account who heard the calling of a god to service. Your first paladin level represents your life getting up to that first point of your calling. So while you may have had been developing those skills up to that point you weren’t really there yet. I am not sure if this clears it up at all. Feel free to ask more questions and I hope I can help you figure it out.

– mule

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Markshire PCs:

Thanks for the tip. 🙂 Gave me an idea, I think I’ve found a way to make it work.

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

heh good, I’m glad it was useful.

– mule

Valgrimm
    • Markshire PCs:

Paladins can be difficult to RP in that despite being Good (LG), they tend to clash with characters of different alignments more than others wood. Most nuetral, chaotic or evil characters may either be indifferent, instigate or lie in certain situations, but a paladin is morally obligated to interject if a preceived wrong has occurred. I’ve seen many a paladin do strange things, contrary to their beliefs, such as taking levels of rogue or traveling with someone who casts necormany spells….Just be aware of the paladin’s deities beliefs.

Having said all that welcome to the server and enjoy.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.