in-law meltdown has occured

Home Forums Admin Only THE GUYS in-law meltdown has occured

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  mule November 12, 2008 at 3:23 am.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

• Markshire PCs:

Those of you who know the extent of my wifes family and know how I feel about them all know that the ultimate meltdown would happen shortly after my girls were born.

It has started.

Three days after the girls were born we told EVERYONE that they should call before they visited because of so many crazy hospital things. Well, my wifes grandparents showed up unannounced after we told them three times over the phone to call. It was about day 3 or 4 and my wife was crazy in pain and just about to break down to begin with. They show up and after 15 minutes I mention something about us all needing to get some rest. They get bucky/pushy with me. My wife knew that was the beginning of the end. At least I said “No offense to you all” to begin it but I did end it with “we can’t get the required rest when people keep showing up unannounced even after we specifically tell them to CALL FIRST” Now that’s nothing major but her stupid grandma just stared at me until I stood up and said “Seriously, go, my wife NEEDS HER REST and you being her is not helping her, or the babies, get their rest” With that I stood up and did some shooing motions with my arms.

It ruled and felt GREAT.

Now, fast forward to about 12 hours ago. Wifes mom, who is literally manic depressive and bi polar, shows up to stay one night to help us out. Now, the major rule we tell them is that there will be zero tolerance for smoking in the house, around the house, and outside the house. Olivia (daughter 2) was in the NICU with respiratory distress and even second hand smoke this early in the game is bad. After moms 8th trip out to the car “to get something she forgot” or “to call someone” we confront her. Nuclear meltdown. She screams something about how we’re crazy parents who are too controlling…. blah blah blah. There are a few F bombs thrown by her at my wife (her daughter) and she begins to storm down the stairs and towards the door. This is where I shine…

“Don’t let the door hit you in the ass on the way out”

I get the glare of glares which I repel with my charming smile. She left about a hour ago, shortly after midnight.

Stay tuned as we still have Thanksgiving and Christmas just around the corner.

• Markshire PCs: Grottle, Gruzk, Ashimar

That’s right! No f’s with the kids.

Father of the Year Muddy!

• Markshire PCs:

Oh man muddy I do not envy you with those in-laws. At least your wife is with you on how crazy they are. Sounds like you’re handling it fine. 🙂

– mule

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.