Informal DM meeting

Home Forums DM Forums DM Events Informal DM meeting

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    s-m-r
    • Markshire PCs:

Spurred on by Vlan and Monty’s comments in another thread, I recommend we set up some times for DM discussions and practice sessions. Although I am clearly not an expert, I think this is a great idea and I’m totally willing to share the knowledge I’ve learned with fellow adepts and novices. If there’s some Widget or Wand we’ve not worked with in the past, this is a great time to put our heads together and experiment.

Recently, I’m currently available at the following dates & times (all Eastern):
    Sunday, 11th November, noon – 8pm-ish
    Thursday, 15th November, 6:30pm – 10pm-ish

Any takers? Any other ideas/dates/etc.?

Monty
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

Thursday the 15th sounds good. Thanks!

M3C

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

I’m otherwise involved on both those days. Thursday we are doing MoTB and Sunday I have PnP… but that doesn’t start until 6pm.

– mule

s-m-r
    • Markshire PCs:

Well, this Sunday coming up I’m running a CDS with Sevron, starting at noon Eastern. Anyone’s welcome to jump into that if they like. It’s a small-scale event, but I’ll be using special effects and faction commands, for starters, as well as some set building.

I didn’t mention that event initially, since it seems most others are available in the evenings instead of during the day. But if you (or any other DMs) are available, of course, come on down.

Ha! Just remembered…Incidentally mule, if you want to crash at my place after the DMFS show Saturday night, you’re more than welcome.

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

sweet …

– mule

Opinvu
    • Markshire PCs:

Thursday for me.
    Yeah, I can come Sunday too.

vlan2k
    • Markshire PCs:

Yeah, Thursday works for me. Might be able to drop in and be a fly-on-the-wall Sunday….

s-m-r
    • Markshire PCs:

As an aside…Man, are you all lucky that I found out about creating your own creatures now instead of when I first started.

Making your own monsters is SO FREAKIN’ COOL. Exporting is as easy as pie, by the way. For those of you who haven’t done it before: if I can do it, you can do it. 😉

In about an hour after work this afternoon, I created a version of that escaped Fjandi, now affected by the chaos of the Gate Sundering. He’s twice as badass as he was before.

Making your own creatures is awesome. I can’t stress that enough.

vlan2k
    • Markshire PCs:

You used the toolkit and got it IG with the DM client…. right?

s-m-r
    • Markshire PCs:

Yeah, went into the toolkit, used the Creature Wizard. Messed around for a time, choosing the make, model, skills, feats, equipment, etc. and saved it.

Once that was done, you select “Export” from the file menu, then filter it to find files with the ERF extension. Scroll through the list until you find the creature(s) you want to export, keep the destination as the default (since the proper location is auto-detected), and finally click OK.

The next time you start up the DM client in Markshire, you’ll find the blueprint for the creature you just made in the Creator, in whatever category you chose to begin with.

I’m sure there is a more detailed description of this process elsewhere, but the above is the process in a nutshell.

vlan2k
    • Markshire PCs:

Sounds like what I’ve been doing with Stark’s armor and weapon(s).

s-m-r
    • Markshire PCs:

*bump*

Please remember the informal DM meet-up tomorrow evening. I’m home from work and ready to play by 6:30pm Eastern.

Also, the event with Corgano was pushed back *again* and will take place this coming Sunday, 18th November (for real this time…or I’m keeping the axe for myself). I’ll be logging in at about 2pm Eastern, and the event will start sometime close to 3pm Eastern.

Any DMs interested in popping in, feel free!

vlan2k
    • Markshire PCs:

My event ALSO got pushed back to this weekend… maybe we can combine them?

Also, my attendance tomorrow is looking iffy…. I’ve got a crash-and-burn deadline from a freelance client. I’m supposed to deliver Thursday for a Friday meeting. If I’m done early enough and the super picky client can be placated early enough, I’ll join you all.

s-m-r
    • Markshire PCs:

Hey Vlan: whenever you can arrive is fine. There’s no deadline for joining in. I’ll write about Sevron’s event on Sunday (and how we can hopefully combine efforts) in his personal thread.

If anyone has topics they would like to review tomorrow night, then be sure to write them down before the meeting, and bring them up while we discuss.

Ideally, we can rope some players into what we’re doing…feel free to let a little bird let them know that DMs will be in attendance tomorrow evening… 😉

Thrym
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs: Grottle, Gruzk, Ashimar

@vlan2k wrote:

Also, my attendance tomorrow is looking iffy…. I’ve got a crash-and-burn deadline from a freelance client. I’m supposed to deliver Thursday for a Friday meeting. If I’m done early enough and the super picky client can be placated early enough, I’ll join you all.

*waves* That’d be me! *waves*

s-m-r
    • Markshire PCs:

*bump*
    @vlan2k wrote:

Vlan if you’re still interested in teaming up for something today, I’m on and will be for at least a few hours more.

vlan2k
    • Markshire PCs:

Sorry for the incommunicado status…. been working on T’s freelance and have some personal issues going on with my wife’s health. Maybe next time.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.