Its been too quiet here, much too QUIET

Home Forums Discussion Forums Makes you go, Hmmmm? Its been too quiet here, much too QUIET

This topic contains 37 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  mule June 4, 2008 at 8:04 pm.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author

Brindisium
    • Markshire PCs:

So here is something to wake you up. Especially for you BTP.

http://koti.mbnet.fi/murski/drunken%20spartan.swf

Come on now, if you are still out there lurking, limping along with a fried computer, struggling with drivers, playing Mass Effect, waiting for MS2 or just plain busy get in here and say hello, its doesnt take that long. Lets see who is still around.

Voran Falcona
    • Markshire PCs:

I don’t quite know how to respond to that video…but I am here.

Osay
    • Markshire PCs:

I’ll bet the folks behind that movie never thought that stuff like this would come out of it. 😕

Corgano
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

Interesting video.

And yeah, I’m lurking. Been on a Titan’s Quest kick lately… mixed in with a little Oblivion. Though, Oblivion I’m finding is a little bit buggy and crashes every so often. So, that annoys me about it. Meh.

Brindisium
    • Markshire PCs:

@Voran Falcona wrote:

I don’t quite know how to respond to that video…but I am here.

Heh. Yea, I know. This morning I am sat here thinking “what on earth did you post that for!” I suppose at the time it reminded me of the good ‘ole days on MS, and although not many play right now I was wondering who was out there lurking 🙂

*waves* to Voran, Corgano and Bob. Hi guys!

s-m-r
    • Markshire PCs:

*waves*

I must say, Brin, your words struck a chord with me, and I jumped in last night. Sun-Ok and I had a little smattering of roleplaying up in there.

Real life has once again taken me for a ride, and I’d no choice but to back off on the recreational gaming. Like I mentioned last night in-game, I can’t guarantee any sort of regularity, but I’ll be in for DM’ing and occasional play when I can swing it.

🙂

Brindisium
    • Markshire PCs:

Hey S-M-R! Good to see you! *waves back*

Durok still has an Affidavit of Endorsement from the Auger Bit Syndicate. *chuckles* Good times. Take care man.

Brindisium
    • Markshire PCs:

@corgano wrote:

Interesting video.

And yeah, I’m lurking. Been on a Titan’s Quest kick lately… mixed in with a little Oblivion. Though, Oblivion I’m finding is a little bit buggy and crashes every so often. So, that annoys me about it. Meh.

Oblivion was stable for me but I didn’t find it as engaging as Morrowind. I’m looking forward to this though Corg:

The Sith Lords Restoration Project
    http://www.team-gizka.org/

Seems to be getting close to completion, finally.

s-m-r
    • Markshire PCs:

@brindisium wrote:

Durok still has an Affidavit of Endorsement from the Auger Bit Syndicate. *chuckles* Good times.

There may be someone out there who can use your particular excavation expertise in the near future…But I’ll hold off on a forced meeting and will instead see if nature takes its own course. 😉

What are your typical play times, GMT?

Voran Falcona
    • Markshire PCs:

I haven’t seen s-m-r on MS1 in about six years now. Or something like that.

That KOTOR 2 site looks very interesting. I’ve always wanted to see the droid factory ever since I heard it was cut out. Now we’ll just have to hope I can find my CDs.

Corgano
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

@brindisium wrote:

Oblivion was stable for me but I didn’t find it as engaging as Morrowind.

When mine crashes, it usually means a hard-boot. Not something I care to do all of the time for my computer’s sake. So, I may not be playing much of Oblivion after all. And besides, I tried to level up to level 2, and got my butt handed to me in the main theme. So, now I’m trying to play the whole game as level 1, lol! IF I can play the game that is… we’ll see. I’ll give it one more try and see what happens. If it hard crashes again I’m done with it I think. Sad really. I enjoyed Morrowind a lot too.

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

heh awesome

the best stuff comes from newgrounds

FYI i’m still around and check the board regularly

– mule

Brindisium
    • Markshire PCs:

@corgano wrote:

@brindisium wrote:

Oblivion was stable for me but I didn’t find it as engaging as Morrowind.

When mine crashes, it usually means a hard-boot. Not something I care to do all of the time for my computer’s sake. So, I may not be playing much of Oblivion after all. And besides, I tried to level up to level 2, and got my butt handed to me in the main theme. So, now I’m trying to play the whole game as level 1, lol! IF I can play the game that is… we’ll see. I’ll give it one more try and see what happens. If it hard crashes again I’m done with it I think. Sad really. I enjoyed Morrowind a lot too.

You are playing the whole game as level one… LMAO. Although actually I think you CAN in Oblivion – it was one of those games where everything levelled with you. Or not in your case Corgano 🙂

If you are playing it Corg you really should get some mods installed to tune, tweak and spice it up. There are a LOAD and they make a big difference.

Brindisium
    • Markshire PCs:

@mule wrote:

heh awesome

the best stuff comes from newgrounds

FYI i’m still around and check the board regularly

– mule

Hey mule. Did the drivers work for you or not?

Brindisium
    • Markshire PCs:

@Voran Falcona wrote:

I haven’t seen s-m-r on MS1 in about six years now. Or something like that.

That KOTOR 2 site looks very interesting. I’ve always wanted to see the droid factory ever since I heard it was cut out. Now we’ll just have to hope I can find my CDs.

Yea, I’m actually just as excited about playing KoTOR2 as it was meant to be as I am about Mass Effect. But that’s just me 🙂

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

yep, sure did. I can play now. Just haven’t been in much. I was in one day… forgot who else was on. We didn’t run across each other IG though. Ghak killed a few dragons.

– mule

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

I’ll pop up some pics explaining where I have been in a bit. I am still about tho. 🙂

Voran Falcona
    • Markshire PCs:

@mule wrote:

yep, sure did. I can play now. Just haven’t been in much. I was in one day… forgot who else was on. We didn’t run across each other IG though. Ghak killed a few dragons.

– mule

That was me. You kept me posted on your dragon battles. 😛

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

aha! blasted dragons. Why do they have to be so stubborn? Ghak just wants blood… is that too much to ask?

– mule

Opinvu
    • Markshire PCs:

Pics?
    Mine are in the development processes. My camping trip was a great success. Shorter than we wanted, but great anywho. In 3 days two nights, we walked with a black tail deer, past a black bear, dodge 45 squirrels and chipmunks, avoided a mad pair of nesting birds, and walked amung some extremely large moss and well, nice water. If any pics come out worthy, will pop up a few too.

Cayle
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

@opinvu wrote:

Pics?
    My camping trip was a great success.

Where did you go? Cascades? Olympic NP? I myself am hoping to get in some nice hiking this year, but I’ll have to play it by ear.

As for the rest – I currently don’t have a machine capable of running NWN2 and am on an anemic internet connection anyway. I’ve been busy with moving and a project that started as a hobby and has transformed into work. When I take a half hour to goof off, I’ve been playing Baldur’s Gate 1.

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

@opinvu wrote:

Pics?

Last year we tore down the purgola over our back patio, ripped out a literal TON (2,200 pounds actually) of old railroad ties, and replaced hundreds and hundreds of bricks in the patio itself. Big kudos to the boys for helping out with a lot of that.

Then we adopted a greyhound and had to set up a pen in the yard for her. No invisible fence, had to be a real, visual one. Then I got married. So last year went bye bye in a hurry.

This year I got back on track, finished a lot of the patio work. It still needs plants and grass around where I was working, but the major construction is done. And then we decided to foster greyhounds for the organization. Rather than have to lead two dogs on a leash several times a day to go to the bathroom, we decided to fence in our yard. That is what beat hel out of me last weekend.

Now we have most of our property fenced in, and the hounds can race at full speed. This is the first time Hela has been able to really open it up in the year we’ve had her. She can fly. When the fosters come through (plural if our first next month works out and isn’t a disaster) they too will be able to get a workout and really run. The fenced in pens we had been using just didn’t cut it.

So, here are some pics of the project from last year to last weekend, for those interested.

http://picasaweb.google.com/Shawn.n.Carol/Patio_Project?authkey=YO_ShsWGfik

s-m-r
    • Markshire PCs:

@mule wrote:

aha! blasted dragons. Why do they have to be so stubborn? Ghak just wants blood… is that too much to ask?

Yeah, they can clearly give more than once every 56 days. It’s such a tiny, tiny vial! They’re just selfish.

Brindisium
    • Markshire PCs:

@s-m-r wrote:

@mule wrote:

Yeah, they can clearly give more than once every 56 days. It’s such a tiny, tiny vial! They’re just selfish.

😀

Opinvu
    • Markshire PCs:

Hehehe Ooops! 😮

Bogachil Rain Forest on the West side of the Olympics on the WA pennensula near Forks, WA. The Bear sighting was at the the Quinalt Lake/River also tucked at the SW base of the Olympic Mtns.

Opinvu
    • Markshire PCs:

Nice Work BTP! Those trees downed really made a differeance for visual space. It looks really sweet. I too thought raised beds just before the pic popped up. Now you need a dwarf wheeping Japanese maple for the center peice, or a water feature? Then you wont need to water the dogs, the water feature could take on that role. I chopped one of them trees in half here, made it into a large shrub. Our angle on the hill, it blocks the veiw of the neighbors and opens up the sky nicely.

Do you live far from town center? Or small town, you gots lotsa space it seems, too much space in fact. Like plant some cedar and hemlock to sell as power poles later like space.

Congrats on all the upgrades in your life!

s-m-r
    • Markshire PCs:

i agree. Really, really nice work on the backyard, BTP. I live with a dog in cramped quarters, so I know how stir-crazy runner dogs can be…I’m sure Hela and the other dogs are MUCH happier now. 🙂

domf
    • Markshire PCs:

Excellent job…you have a great looking yard and area..

as for me..

I have been fairly busy these past couple months with school winding down and whatnot. I actually commenced/graduated at the beginning of May from Cleveland State. I still have to finish up a thesis paper but other than that I am all set.

Since I plan on going to graduate school for my MBA next fall…I have to take the GMAT (and study for it too!) which I plan on doing June 14th…the thesis paper I have to write is due at the end of June but it all culiminates with my birthday so thats a plus.

My computer also broke for awhile too…hard drive crashed and then my girlfriend managed to disable my video card (which I fixed miraculously might I add) so I have yet to put NWN1 back on but I set up NWN2 and it seems to be working…but like most others…I find a strange calming sensation while playing CoD4 when I get home from work so thats where my half hour of free time has been going.

On the bright side…I am traveling to California the second week of July and my girlfriend gets off of work about 2 hours after I do now so there is a good possibility that some gaming with eventually take place!

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

Water feature, in the future Opi.

Good job on the learnin’ Domf. As a person that has little formal education and a lot of real world experience, take my word for it. Pound the schooling. It pays off.

Lt. Tyler
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

Strong work there domf. You worked hard and you deserve it. I have no doubt you’ll continue to do well.

As fer them learnings, it’s good, but don’t go overboard, unless you really feel the need (*whistles innocently*). There’s lots out there to learn, and most of it you’re not gonna learn in school.

Besides, what do those stupid eggheads know anyway?

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.