- February 2, 2009 at 6:47 pm #33071ThrymKeymaster
- Markshire PCs: Grottle, Gruzk, Ashimar
It’s Groundhog’s Day! That means it’s time to plan our 2009 Gathering.
Here’s what I have so far:
- Too few could make a trip down south again. Sorry, G. Though it was a great place, Mark. I still plan to use it for a vacation in the future. 🙂
To that end, I offer my humble abode again though I am trying to work out a Lakeside option. No word back from the owner yet.
I can fit quite a few in my house. We’ll mainly be crashing there and playing games in the dining room so there shouldn’t be any issues with putting people about the house.
- Last year’s trip down south was great. The eating out (Horst’s & Sticky Fingers) and Dinner Show (Medieval Times) were awesome. I think we can replicate some of that here … between Dinosaur BBQ and possibly some outdoor paintball this year. Not exactly Medieval but if we hold the Gathering in July we could attend the Ren Fair on Saturday. It’s called the Sterling Renaissance Festival and they open Independence Day.
- At 2008’s Gathering we got in a solid Shadowrun campaign. The guys managed to hijack a shipment with no casualties and with style and some fun role playing. I see no reason we can’t continue the campaign. I still have the characters. Mark, you gutted those boys in the dark of that truck.
- Last year we ran from Wednesday until Sunday morning. I have no issues hosting the event for that time frame again. In fact, I plan to take nearly the whole week off.
So let’s start planning. I have posted some polls to get us going.
Also, we usually invite a new person or two each year. However, considering the lack of takers last year do we want to invite any more?
Current outstanding invitees that have yet to attend:
Lt. Tyler of Boston area
Remus of London area
After getting to know Domf in game and via IM it might not be a bad idea to invite him. Dominic is from Cleveland, Ohio and could easily make the trip.
Post your thoughts, etc.February 2, 2009 at 7:20 pm #57454Lt. TylerKeymaster
- Markshire PCs:
This is a possibility, though it certainly depends on the young’uns and whatnot. The girl will still be pretty little, though she’s currently a great sleeper.
That puts me in the, “Not definitively decided either way” category. Always a fun place to be.
As for domf, he’s a good egg indeed.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.