Log question

Home Forums DM Forums DM Events Log question

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Monty
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

What’s the policy on posting snippets of RPing on the forums? I have a funny (to me, anyway) conversation between Dustan, Opi (as Gustov), and me (as Herto and Wilian). I thought it was funny as Hel at the time, and want to share the RP.
    Thoughts?

M3C

s-m-r
    • Markshire PCs:

I’d say ask for objections from the involved parties, and then if they’re cool with it, then post it.

If they say nay, then a shout-out on a PROPS! thread is totally appropriate.

Leaders? What sayest thou?

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

sounds like SMR has the right course of action.

– mule

Opinvu
    • Markshire PCs:

I say OK!

Post it in the Out of Game? Hrmm? Sounds fine with me.

Thrym
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs: Grottle, Gruzk, Ashimar

You can also rewrite it as a story and add it to Storyteller.

I tend not to use the Logs directly.

Monty
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

Hmmmm…Good idea. It was just a silly sort of conversation, and, as such was amusing. I’ll post it for the DM’s in a separate thread.

M3C

Monty
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

How about a contest for best IG RPing conversation? Might be fun.

M3C

Thrym
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs: Grottle, Gruzk, Ashimar

I split this from the Log thread.

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

I don’t see why not monty, just get on top of it. You could even take the conversations and post them all then create a voting thread for them.

– mule

Monty
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

I don’t see why not monty, just get on top of it. You could even take the conversations and post them all then create a voting thread for them.

Thanks! That is a GREAT idea! It’s really not that hard to strip out the conversations from the rest of the messages. Took me 5-10 minutes for that one with Word.
    Ok, as soon as I get 5 minutes, I’ll get something up there. Prize ideas, anyone?

M3C

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

well players always love DM handouts. They don’t even have to be uber powerful weapons, just something that’s unique and creative. Maybe some sort of trophy with a cool description, or something they can wear that will show up on their character that looks cool (like unique clothing, or helmet or something).

– mule

Opinvu
    • Markshire PCs:

Aye, something material that has symbolism is all they really want. Something to wag in the face of the LOSERS!

It’s La-OG La-og, it’s big it’s heavy it’s wood, It’s log log log, It Rolls down stairs it rolls over in pairs, it rolls over the neighbors dog, it’s log log log, it’s fits on your back it’s great for a snack, it’s log log log!

Monty
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

It’s La-OG La-og, it’s big it’s heavy it’s wood, It’s log log log, It Rolls down stairs it rolls over in pairs, it rolls over the neighbors dog, it’s log log log, it’s fits on your back it’s great for a snack, it’s log log log!

Ah, Ren & Stimpy…We miss ya!

Stimpy, You IDIOT!

M3C

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.