Markshire Crafting Expansion

Home Forums Discussion Forums Out of Game Markshire Crafting Expansion

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Thrym
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs: Grottle, Gruzk, Ashimar

Markshire Crafting Expansion

Whew. Had a break from the grind. Took a couple of hours to knock out the expansion brought to you by…

LT. TYLER!!

And YOU.

I want to thank you all and especially LT for working out what to add and how to add it.

Some of you might have noticed a post by the Chairman of the Foothold Merchant Association, GlimWhiteFrost. Take a moment to peruse it.

The new plants are in game. The new recipes should be setup at each station as is appropriate.

There are nearly 200 new or updated items that can be found for or created by the new recipes.

Our new recipe total is 1499 as evidenced by the announcement you receive on login.

If you find out where something is or how something works, please, remember to post the information as In Character posts in the Foothold Bulletin Board or talk about it in game. Let’s let everyone figure it all out in game.

If you decide to write something up please take the time and effort necessary to get it published via the Sage or some other NPC. The DMs will work with you and we can add new recipe cards or journals to the toolset and in game once it’s been RPed out.

Enjoy the Fish Soup!

Thrym
    Keymaster

List of New Gear

Adamantium Stitched Padded Armor, Adamantium Tower Shield, Adamantium Wire, Adamantium Wire Stitched Hood, Amethyst/Ruby Encrusted Necklace, Amulet Of Trap Sensing, Apple Flavored Pipe Tobacco, Aquavit, Aventurine/Topaz Encrusted Necklace, Blackberry Paste, Blueberry Paste, Bone Dust, Bronze Dwarven Waraxe, Bronze Falchion, Bronze Heavy Mace, Bronze Heavy Pick, Bronze Light Pick, Bronze Maul, Bronze Trident, Bronze Wire, Bronze Wire Stitched Hood, Brother Dominic’S Big Breakfast, Brother Dominic’S Secret Sauce, Bumbleberry Pie, Cake, Cake Icing, Carrot, Cherry Paste, Cobalt Stitched Padded Armor, Cobalt Wire, Cobalt Wire Stitched Hood, Compound Bone Longbow, Compound Bone Shortbow, Copper Dust, Copper Dwarven Waraxe, Copper Falchion, Copper Heavy Copper Mace, Copper Heavy Pick, Copper Light Pick, Copper Maul, Copper Oxide Dust, Copper Trident, Corn Paste, Death Armor Shield, Dragoneyes Shield, Dwarven Waraxe of Acid, Dwarven Waraxe of Fire, Dwarven Waraxe of Lightning, Elemental Shield, Enchanted Ingot Of Mithril, Enchanted Mahogany Tower Shield, Entropic Shield, Falchion of Acid, Falchion of Fire, Falchion of Lightning, Fancy Iced Cake, Fancy Wooden Box, Fire Agate/Fire Opal Encrusted Necklace, Fish Soup, Giant Seeker Hvy Xbow, Giant Seeker Lightxbow, Giant Seeker Longbow, Giant Seeker Shortbow, Globe Of Defense Shield, Gold Dust, Greenstone/Feldspar Encrusted Necklace, Healing Sweetbread, Heavy Bone Xbow, Heavy Duty Bowstring, Heavy Mace of Acid, Heavy Mace of Fire, Heavy Mace of Lightning, Heavy Pick of Acid, Heavy Pick of Fire, Heavy Pick of Lightning, Hickory Tower Shield, Holy Bone Longbow, Holy Bone Shortbow, Holy Heavy Bone Xbow, Holy Light Bone Xbow, Honey Cakes, Honey Mead, Hot Sausage, Iron Dust, Iron Dwarven Waraxe, Iron Falchion, Iron Heavy Copper Mace, Iron Heavy Pick, Iron Light Pick, Iron Maul, Iron Oxide Dust, Iron Stitched Padded Armor, Iron Trident, Iron Wire Stitched Hood, Large Adamantium Shield, Large Enchanted Mahogany Shield, Large Hickory Shield, Large Mahogany Shield, Large Mithril Shield, Large Oak Shield, Large Platinum Shield, Large Titanium Shield, Light Bone Xbow, Light Pick of Lightning, Lightbender Shield, Mahogany Tower Shield, Malachite/Diamond Encrusted Necklace, Masterwork Fiddle, Female, Masterwork Fiddle, Male, Masterwork Harp, Masterwork Lute, Masterwork Musical Instruments, Masterwork Pipes, Masterwork Tambourine, Maul of Acid, Maul of Fire, Maul of Lightning, Meat Stew, Mild Sausage, Mithral Bastard Sword, Mithral Battle Axe, Mithral Double Axe, Mithral Dwarven Waraxe, Mithral Falchion, Mithral Great Sword, Mithral Greataxe, Mithral Halberd, Mithral Handaxe, Mithral Kama, Mithral Katana, Mithral Longsword, Mithral Scimitar, Mithral Scythe, Mithral Short Sword, Mithral Sickle, Mithral Throwing Axe, Mithral Two Bladed Sword, Mithril Stitched Padded Armor, Mithril Tower Shield, Mithril Wire, Mithril Wire Stitched Hood, Oak Tower Shield, Onion, Peppermint Paste, Phenalope/Sapphire Encrusted Necklace, Pipe, Pipe Tobacco, Platinum Stitched Padded Armor, Platinum Tower Shield, Platinum Wire Stitched Hood, Potato, Raspberry Paste, Silver Dwarven Waraxe, Silver Falchion, Silver Heavy Mace, Silver Heavy Pick, Silver Light Pick, Silver Maul, Silver Trident, Small Adamantium Shield, Small Enchanted Mahogany Shield, Small Hickory Shield, Small Mahogany Shield, Small Mithril Shield, Small Oak Shield, Small Platinum Shield, Small Titanium Shield, Special Carrot Soup, Special Potato Soup, Titanium Dwarven Waraxe, Titanium Falchion, Titanium Heavy Mace, Titanium Heavy Pick, Titanium Light Pick, Titanium Maul, Titanium Tower Shield, Titanium Trident, Tobacco Leaf, Traveller’s Pie, Trident of Acid, Trident of Fire, Trident of Lightning, Troll Head Shield, and Walnut Paste

Let them eat Cake!!

Lt. Tyler
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

And don’t forget ‘Cuz, ‘cuz that guy helped out too!

Enjoy the Hot Sausage!

Brindisium
    • Markshire PCs:

Brother Dominic’s Big Breakfast 😯

Thank you T, LT, ‘Cuz… Thank you EVERYONE who helped out with this, I award you one honey cake each.

*Runs off to make Special Potato Soup*

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

glad to see that’s in game now. You said the Sage publishes books? Sweet, time for Ghak to write and break into FH.

– mule

SpymasterGend
    • Markshire PCs:

[If this is not the appropriate space for comments or possible bug reports on expansion, please move the post.]

Very exciting list of new options–I award you all the tailored kewpie doll (Child’s doll recipe).

Wondered about a couple of things:

1) no silver wire or titanium wire, nor derived hoods and padded armors from same; intentional, oversight, or not yet completed?
      2) bronze wire hood has no (visible) properties
      3) most “new” metal weapons seem to be filling in gaps in weapon coverage for prior recipes, but mithral looks to be all new–is that weapons list intended to be complete? largely but not exclusively edged weapons in it; specific selfish question why mithral short sword but not rapier?

Finally, will there be a new forum for next round of new recipes? Many ideas brewing…

Thanks,

Gend

Lt. Tyler
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

@SpymasterGend wrote:

…Very exciting list of new options–I award you all the tailored kewpie doll (Child’s doll recipe).

Glad you’re enjoying the new additions! A good number of them are purely there for RP purposes, including the toys and such.

@SpymasterGend wrote:

Wondered about a couple of things:

1) no silver wire or titanium wire, nor derived hoods and padded armors from same; intentional, oversight, or not yet completed?

This is intentional. The aim with the hoods and padded armors was to take the various metal types already used in CNR armors (e.g. cobalt, adamantium, etc.) and apply them to hoods and padded armor more suited for non-heavy armor wearing characters. Since there is currently no craftable silver or titanium armors, we didn’t make any corresponding hoods/padded armors.

@SpymasterGend wrote:

2) bronze wire hood has no (visible) properties

This is intentional. The bronze hood is the easiest to craft, and serves as the starting point for this series of items. As such it has no bonus attributes. Think of it like the copper shields.

@SpymasterGend wrote:

3) most “new” metal weapons seem to be filling in gaps in weapon coverage for prior recipes, but mithral looks to be all new–is that weapons list intended to be complete? largely but not exclusively edged weapons in it; specific selfish question why mithral short sword but not rapier?

This is true. The aims for new weapons recipes were to twofold: One, include the CEP weapons into the CNR (e.g. Maul of Fire, etc.). Second, add new mithral weapons at the suggestion of one of the players. Due to the bonus that mithral adds to a weapon, only weapons with the slashing damage type were made to be mithral-able. In my current conception the weapon list is substantially complete.

@SpymasterGend wrote:

Finally, will there be a new forum for next round of new recipes? Many ideas brewing…

Feel free to PM me or post ideas here. There’s currently no definitive plan on a further crafting expansion for MS1, but it never hurts to make a suggestion!

Enjoy the Pipe Tobacco!

LT

Brindisium
    • Markshire PCs:

15:23 Armour crafting station in Trevor’s Smithy

The recipe for mithril shields doesn’t recognise enchanted mithril ingots. Six are in the anvil but the dialogue shows “0 of 4 enchanted ingots of mithril”. Maybe this is related to the mithril/mithral dual spelling?

Osay
    • Markshire PCs:

I love all the stuff added, Great Job by everybody involved!!
    If anything is done further I would like to see some use for Boar and ox pelts(I have a few in my chest)…maybe to make boots, add a little enchanting oil could make Hardy boots to fend off cold or something.
    Again, Great Job Guys!!!! 8)

Lt. Tyler
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

@Brindisium wrote:

15:23 Armour crafting station in Trevor’s Smithy

The recipe for mithril shields doesn’t recognise enchanted mithril ingots. Six are in the anvil but the dialogue shows “0 of 4 enchanted ingots of mithril”. Maybe this is related to the mithril/mithral dual spelling?

will address in bug forum

Brindisium
    • Markshire PCs:

Eeek. Post was meant to be in the bug forum >.<

SpymasterGend
    • Markshire PCs:

Re mith. rapier: short swords also pure piercing damage I believe. Used historically largely as stabbing weapon around, over and under shield walls. Rapier more elegant single-edge slim blade, but longer, medium wpn vs short sword small, and still light re wpn finesse feat.

Haven’t seen one–yet–in Markshire, but if mith. property is, say, Keen, this property is typically applied in NWN1 to slashing or piercing wpns. Keen Edge spell should apply (and does in Markshire) property temporarily only to slashing wpns. At least, that’s my understanding of it…

Other ideas from Sun:

1) craftable fan(s), perhaps silk as well as cloth. Fashion accessory with usability as wpn–already available at Anastasia’s. Maybe enchant to “Flaming Fan of Flirtation” or somesuch
    2) oriental-style bamboo or samurai armors–interesting cross-craft potential in both, as traditional samurai armor very small lacquered plates sewn to base shirt/robe
    3) while on that, asian short robe and pants–believe models available if needed for this and 2 above from several haks on vault–understand fully if new Markshire hak too much work
    4) on a tangent slightly, CEP robes and shield/helm/wpn appearances not selectable using craft armor/wpn, CEP robes where existing not replace-able if char removes robe
    5) useful clothes–echo Osay on that–boots, belts, cloaks, gloves, again maybe cross-crafted with enchanters, again maybe some silk, or properties akin to leathery armors–panther boots for example, or lion belt
    6) dire polar skins into something other than Hillar’s incinerator!
    7) make snow leopards drop skins–and craft into something fun of course
    VIII) mixed-skin armors (ala new enchanter necklaces): maybe lion-polar or lion-panther, for example, partial modifiers from each
    9) food–kimchi jars in Cona tavern but no actual kimchi, nor woodcrafted chopsticks; rice wine/sake for brewers; korean/mongolian barbecue

Making myself hungry–really hungry, too hungry for a number ten–thanks.

Gend

Thrym
    Keymaster

Just to clarify for everyone:

At this time we are not entertaining a second CNR update nor a new Hak. I will do minor updates to fix the CNR Update only.

We will not discourage the discussion of new crafting recipes so please keep talking and discussing.

As to Gend’s specific suggestions we have to state that we won’t be introducing Asian related concepts beyond what we’ve allowed for your character’s back story. There is no Asian-like culture in Markshire. The culture of Markshire is essentially “Renaissance Viking” as if the Norse managed to stick around for a few more centuries and developed into knights and such.

While we have used Asian-based placeables such as the kimchi jars, we used them as simple jars for storage. The same thing can be said of the Laaksveld masks and such. They are meant to be odd masks not samurai helms.

Again, I thank all those involved for their time and effort in creating, testing and using the new recipes.

SpymasterGend
    • Markshire PCs:

Just thinking “aloud” as it were–know focus on MS2 and wouldn’t even suggest something necessitating global change–hak or what have you–that would really just support this one char (er…and maybe Blizzard) of alternate cultural extraction. Eastern suggestions there really just trying to postulate some recipes that promote cross-skill crafting. It would actually be less entertaining if all the bars carried rice wine 😉

Gend

Brindisium
    • Markshire PCs:

I just made a mithril scimitar. It may not carry a native enchantment (DAMMIT!) but I have to admit it is ~really~ good looking and undeniably cool. Can’t wait to crank out a mithril katana. Oh my!

Thanks for doing the update 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.