Monitor Heaven

Home Forums Discussion Forums Makes you go, Hmmmm? Monitor Heaven

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Thrym
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs: Grottle, Gruzk, Ashimar

Rob McGinnis of Obsidian Entertainment posted this little snippet to his blog.

@Rob McGinnis wrote:

An Interesting Product

Normally, I wouldn’t be on here talking about other products, but we have been having some fun with this one, so I thought I’d share.

Matrox has created a hardware device that allows you to connect three monitors to combine them into one big monitor. Here’s a shot of our test system showing what it’s like:

[img][650:500]http://nwn2patch.obsidian.net/files/Update/Dec21/ThreeScreen.jpg[/img]

You can find out more by visiting Matrox’s website here:

http://www.matrox.com/graphics/surroundgaming/en/home/

Love it. Gonna get me that sometime.

Oh and Mule … Those are DELLs. Muahahahahaha.

BoostNJuice
    • Markshire PCs:

if you like that, you should see NWN2 on my 46″ Sony Bravia.

Monty
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

Their website is big on flash, and not so big on the tech data as to how it works…..
    Do you need 2 video cards, or what?

M3C

Thrym
    Keymaster

Actually, all you really need is the Surround Game software and an existing multi-monitor setup.

BUT, if you don’t have a graphic card with multiple ports you can just buy the TripleHead2Go Digital (also available in Analog) …

or the DualHead2Go Digital (also available in Analog)

Starting at $169 for the DualHead2Go Analog.

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

nice, I love my two monitor setup at work, 3 would be fun too. Btw, dell puts their label on them but I doubt they make those monitors.

– mule

Monty
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

They may not make them, but they warranty them, so that if they break you can actually get a working one in less than a month…. 😉

M3C

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

*snort*

Thrym
    Keymaster

@mule wrote:

nice, I love my two monitor setup at work, 3 would be fun too. Btw, dell puts their label on them but I doubt they make those monitors. – mule

Actually, they manufacture both CRT and LCD monitors. As well as Touch Screen and Medical Monitors. They have plants in NC, TN and TX. I would bet that their Smart Screen is patented and listed somewhere in your DB.

*holds out his hand for his Dell kickback check* Thank you!

domf
    • Markshire PCs:

Dell also has a fantastic supply chain. They hardly have any warehousing and have pioneered Just In Time Manufacturing.

Once an order is placed…they do a great job of getting all the pieces from around the world into a small little computer..

magnificent.

Opinvu
    • Markshire PCs:

Btw, Dell also sells PC’s.

muddy
    • Markshire PCs:

Dell also has no employees that speak English, which is convenient. At least my tech support guys name was “Roscoe” which incidentally is the name of our cat, which made me laugh out loud when he told me which pissed him off which made the ensuing 4 hours on the phone all the more enjoyable.

*Apu accent* Hello thank you for calling Dell my name is Roscoe may I have your account number?

*muddy giggling* Dude, our cats name is Roscoe

*Apu accented Roscoe* Very funny sir.

Shanara
    • Markshire PCs:

Do not even get me started on Dell tech support.

“You’re system is out of warranty. I’m doing you a favor by talking to you.”

“Like hell you are! I have four Dells in this house, not to mention how many I’ve bought in the past. I’m going to throw them all out the window and buy Apples!”

Stupid laughter ensues in which I slam down the phone.

Dude, you’re getting a Dell. 🙄 😡

muddy
    • Markshire PCs:

@Shanara wrote:

Do not even get me started on Dell tech support.

“You’re system is out of warranty. I’m doing you a favor by talking to you.”

“Like hell you are! I have four Dells in this house, not to mention how many I’ve bought in the past. I’m going to throw them all out the window and buy Apples!”

Stupid laughter ensues in which I slam down the phone.

Dude, you’re getting a Dell. 🙄 😡

These flames of passion need a little more fanning… several stories are ripe for the telling me thinks.

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

but dell’s the bestest!

– mule

Thrym
    Keymaster

@mule wrote:

but dell’s the bestest!

It is. As a computer manufacturer they are top notch.

So they out source the tech support. Who doesn’t?

Besides … all of those Dell owners … you forgot, I am your Dell tech support.

I have ordered, setup, updated and rebuilt many Dell machines.

It may be time to let up on Mule about Part Machines and Dell Manufactured machines.

We’ll have to see how things go. 🙂

Shanara
    • Markshire PCs:

Meh, I was just royally pissed because it was about the 6th time he had said that during the conversation after he looked at my machine and said “Wow, I’ve never seen anything like that before.”

I hate Macs and would never buy one, but he just made me furious.

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

Macs aren’t any better just a different philosphy. In Mac’s eyes they know best and you’re so stupid you’d just screw things up. That attitude is just as annoying.

– mule

domf
    • Markshire PCs:

@mule wrote:

Macs aren’t any better just a different philosphy. In Mac’s eyes they know best and you’re so stupid you’d just screw things up. That attitude is just as annoying.

– mule

but the guy is young and hip…and makes fun of the dorky PC…thats the kind of guy i want to be…i want a mac!

i want to be young and hip!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.