S-M-R

Viewing 30 posts - 151 through 180 (of 245 total)
  • Author
    Monty
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

Grab onto your 15 minutes and ride it like a pillow! Congrats, man – maybe you didn’t win the stupid TV thing, but I got the feeling you’re headed for big things……

😀

M3C

Lt. Tyler
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

RAWK ON!

s-m-r
    • Markshire PCs:

Tonight will be a night unlike any other, before or perhaps even after.

Tonight, THE DIRTY MARMADUKE FLUTE SQUAD appears on national television.

…Oh yeah, and their appearance will be book-ended by the airing of the premiere episode of “The Next Great American Band.” Almost forgot about that part.

8pm EST, or check your local FOX affiliate for times and other details.

One of our souvenir photos is below:

[img][650:500]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2359/1537343812_1ce686b982_b.jpg[/img]

For more pictures from our trip to Vegas, visit the following link:

http://www.flickr.com/flutesquad

Lt. Tyler
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

A man and his meat are a beautiful thing.

Brindisium
    • Markshire PCs:

Any chance someone could vid capture this post it?

s-m-r
    • Markshire PCs:

The folks in the band are trying their best to do some video capture, and then post it on one of our websites. I don’t have the software to do this sort of thing, but the rest of these guys are filmmakers; I’m sure they’ll think of something.

I’ll be sure to post any new developments here.

Monty
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

TONIGHT ONLY – FOR 5 MINUTES – THE IMMORTAL DIRTY MARMADUKE FLUTE SQUAD LIVE ON TV – BE THERE!!

s-m-r
    • Markshire PCs:

Take a look at the footage; Nikc captured it and posted it on YouTube. It has now been immortalized 4EVA!

Brindisium
    • Markshire PCs:

Big Cheese: (rhetorically) “…. fifteen hours on a plane from Australia to watch Mr Ed singing Kim Wylde?”

S-M-R: (sympathetically) “It hurts doesn’t it”

Me: *Falls off my chair laughing*

You guys are awesome.

vlan2k
    • Markshire PCs:

That was FANTASTIC!!!!! Poor little pompous blow-hard arsefilcher didn’t even know what to say to THAT!!

BTW…. great job on the song! Sounded awesome right up to the point when they pulled the plug.

Lt. Tyler
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

That was classic man!

Best part of it all for me was how unimpressed you were about the entire thing. You treated it for what it was, a contrived farce.

THUMBS UP!

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

I agree with LT, I am glad you guys had a great time too.

– mule

s-m-r
    • Markshire PCs:

A video will be posted soon, but in the meantime, feast your eyes on the Dirty Marmaduke Flute Squad as Milli Vanilli:

http://www.flickr.com/flutesquad

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

awesome, wish I’d been able to find where you guys were playing … Looks like it was a fun show …

– mule

s-m-r
    • Markshire PCs:

Sorry I didn’t call you back, man. I had turned my phone off earlier that afternoon, before we started applying the makeup, and I only turned it back on the next morning. 🙁

But we’re playing at the Hamilton Arts Collective on 10th November, if you’re interested. That’s the space I run:

http://www.hamiltonarts.org

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

yep I saw that. I was planning on being there.

– mule

s-m-r
    • Markshire PCs:

Here’s a link to a video clip of our performance of “George W” this past Saturday evening. Thanks again to mule for being in attendance, once again. This video excerpt is SFW (although admittedly you’ll still earn a few strange looks):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEOioqFFWRY

More (and better-quality) video is on the way; Nikc’s boss, who runs a video production company, was in attendance that evening and taped the entire thing.

The full audio recording is available at the link below, including a “DMFS-style” birthday shout-out to my Mum and brother, whose birthday was that day. Most of the performance is NSFW, unless your boss is cool.

(please note it may take a while for the page to show up; you’re downloading a lot of stuff)

[audio src="https://www.archive.org/details/dmfs2007-11-10.flac" /]

Corgano
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

The best quote from the Unicorn song:

“The guy in the mask with the M sounds like caboose from red vs blue”

SWEET!!!

FYI: I really like that song and George W.

s-m-r
    • Markshire PCs:

Coming soon to a computer near you…

[img][646:500]http://www.let-off.com/software/screens/dmfs_escape_title.jpg[/img]

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

Hrmm considering that image, I take it there is no escape.

– mule

s-m-r
    • Markshire PCs:

Here’s a portion of a message I sent to the rest of the band members about the video game earlier today.

@Horsepower wrote:

I wanted to pass along the news that the game is completed! I finished it earlier this afternoon, marking the end of a long stretch of me curled up in front of my computer plugging away at this thing. I think I spent close to 20 hours or so this week alone to make the game work. But I’m VERY happy with how it has turned out, and I think you all will find it very entertaining.

DMFS Escape is currently for PC only, and weighs in at about 30MB in size. At this point, I want to upload it to my website, but I need to find a suitable FTP client and set that up properly to make it happen (my current setup only allows files of 10MB or less in size to be uploaded).

Here’s a run-down of the game and the basic controls:

Use the ARROW keys to move the band members around. Dodge the weepy emo kids, crooked club owners, and grumpy critics, while collecting cash on your way to Captain Mediocrity’s truck. Pick up beer mugs and chuck the empties at your enemies to knock them out and pick up some quick cash. Collecting $500 results in you earning a Kashgrab Kredit from your band manager, Kris Kashgrab, which will allow you to unlock bonuses and secrets for use in successive plays. These are:

JOURNEY ESCAPE VEHICLE: summon the battery-powered might of the Journey Escape vehicle from that one Journey album cover that one time.
    BEER O’CLOCK: pick up a six pack of beers and toss the empties at your enemies at will.
    DMFS PHOTO ALBUM: see photographs of the Flute Squad in action while you play!
    DMFS JUKEBOX: listen to live recordings of The Dirty Marmaduke Flute Squad while you play, with six full-length recordings from which to choose!
    AMERICAN BAND VERSION: Knock out the judges with your empty beers…it’s the only way to save the show’s plummeting ratings!
    50-BAG OF CHEETOS: collecting 50 snack pouches results in a BIG-ASS POINT BONUS!

…So there you have it. It’s been over a year to finish it, but it really is something worth experiencing at least once. I’ll have it available online soon enough.

Brindisium
    • Markshire PCs:

AMERICAN BAND VERSION: Knock out the judges with your empty beers…it’s the only way to save the show’s plummeting ratings!

😆 😆 😆

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

lol, I expect this will be loads of fun.

s-m-r
    • Markshire PCs:

DMFS ESCAPE IS READY FOR DOWNLOAD!!!

Visit here:

http://www.let-off.com/software/dmfs_escape.zip

You’ll need to open the archive file somehow; use WinRAR or the ever-popular WinZIP to open it. Other than that, it’s ready to play!

HAVE FUN!

Please note that it’s not a kid’s game, regardless of the graphics…unless you turn off the sound entirely. I mean, if you’ve heard our music, then you know what I’m talking about.

Brindisium
    • Markshire PCs:

Playing it now. Who needs an Xbox360 and Mass Effect when you have access to gaming titles like this on your PC.

Works perfectly. Very funny. Great music.

s-m-r
    • Markshire PCs:

From the misty beyond, it’s a DMFS update…

The Dirty Marmaduke Flute Squad has finally secured a New York gig. It’s been too long in coming, for certain, but it’s finally happening.

July, 12 2008 at The Knitting Factory
    74 Leonard St., New York, New York 10013

I assume doors open around 8pm or 9pm. More details on the way, if you need them.

And we have a new bassist (part of the reason we’ve been silent for these past few months). The Pikesville Gynecologist graduated college back in December, and after a trip to Israel (seriously) promptly moved to Brooklyn, NY, to work on his solo career. Kokomo Jackson (normally on keyboards for the studio recordings) has been sitting in on bass for our few public appearances, most notably our Ocean City show late this past January. But for the long term, King Crispin will be joining the official lineup as soon as his lodgings in Baltimore have been secured.

To celebrate his arrival, a new DMFS video game is being created! In DMFS: Curtis Joins The Band, guide Curtis through several different mini-game challenges (each featuring a different challenge and different member of the band) so he can earn his place among DMFS’ Mediocre Best.

Since we haven’t been doing shows, we’ve been working on new material, including collaboration with a fellow music maker Jason Mullinax of Pilesar & The Quagmire. These full-length releases are planned for later this year, perhaps around late Autumn.

That’s all for now. Our next gig is the one listed above in New York. Hope to see some familiar faces. 🙂

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

hrmm i’ll need lodging but i’m up for it. Lets see what I can work out. 🙂

– mule

Monty
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

Since Leonard St. runs right past one of my customers, I don’t think I’ll have any trouble finding the place….. 🙂

M3C

s-m-r
    • Markshire PCs:

@mule wrote:

hrmm i’ll need lodging but i’m up for it. Lets see what I can work out. 🙂 – mule

Our hotel stay was booked through Priceline.com or something (Father Ryan O’Graham took care of it all). $180 a night for a two-person room. Some other expenses I’m not too pleased with, as well. It’s all woefully extravagant, in my opinion, but when in Rome, eventually your wallet needs to visit the vomitorium…

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

🙂 oh no I was hinting to turtle boy

– mule

Viewing 30 posts - 151 through 180 (of 245 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.