Sar Khan

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    Sarkhan
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

10 years ago
    Sar….. Sar…..SAR!!! Boy do not make me call you again! Kar Khan stood in the doorway of his Manor. Holding the whipping stick as one would hold a sword. A soft but deep growl could be heard coming from behind the old man.Sasha I don’t want to hear it. He was wrong and he will learn. Duty to his Charge above all else!
    Coming father!!… A young boy of 10 runs out of a stables, and to the steps of a large manor. As he gets to the steps he sees his father, and from the look on the old mans face. It was quite apparent he was in trouble. “Y Yes father w what is it?” You know damn well. What it Is. How dare you put your hands on Kyle. What are you trying to do? get yourself hanged? But father Kyle was…..
    then the whipping started.. Sar had never received a whipping like this before not even when, He had got caught stealing pies from the local bakery Why wouldn’t father listen to him?

Earlier that day
    Give me that now! Pheasant!!But my Prince it is not mine to give. *SMACK* The cut caused from the riding crop showed itself almost immediately this once beautiful young girl has now been marked for life. And yet Kyle was pulling back to deliver yet another blow but as he started his swing he found him self being knocked of his horse and as he stood and looked to see who dared do such a thing. A chill ran up his spine as he saw Sar Standing before him Fire and rage like he had never seen before.
    How Dare you hit a small defenceless girl who had do nothing more that try to explain to you that her goods were already spoken for
    what kind of animal are you? Have you no Honor?

Kyle
    Pfft..Honor I have no use for it. I am the Prince soon to be King I will take what I want and beat who I want and you will never concern yourself with it again.
    As Kyle is speaking he reaches in his belt and pulls out a rather nasty looking Dagger and now Sar you will learn respect for your betters perhaps i will give you a mark to match that of your little friend here. Kyle then thrust the dagger at Sars face But Sar was already in motion with two quick strikes Sar had blooded Klye’s nose and Knocked the wind from him.
    And then very calmly Sar helped the young girl up and toke her to the healers house before heading home to face the music. Come on Christa lets go have that looked at.

Life was always like this. The King this the King that your charge this and your charge that what about the peaple they are the ones that really need the chapion not some fat overwieght King that was more concered about filling his own coffers than looking out for his subjects.

Sarkhan
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

5 years ago

Mother where is my Sash? The large Tigress purred softlyand casually walked into the other room only to return with the Red and Blue Sash that signified Sars place as a Knight of Tylos. Soon they would add gold trim to signify him as 1st Knight to the King. A honor that he would have been proud to hold had the King not been Kyle he, was more like a rabid dog than a prince. The only reason Sar even cared about his post these days was because Christa was so proud of him and it would allow them to live a comfotable life and provide him with the means to help the peaple of his commuityand to day he was to be Knighted It was quite a honor to be knighted at 15 but he had been training all his life but he was not the only benchmark today. Kyle was to be the first King to ever to fail his final trials for Knight hood Sar gave a small grin to that thought

2 weeks ago
    The entire kingdom was morning the death of the King. Well not so much the death of the king but the rise of Kyle Sar was to be Announced First Knight one week after Kyle Coronation as was the custom Sar was all but stressed He did not want this he did not want to be First Knight to a tyrant He prayed that he wold not have to be First Knight. He prayed Kyle would die A prayer that would haunt him for the rest of his life.cause it was then Someone knocked at the door

Sar its Christa you should come quickly shes hurt for the first time he could ever remember he beat that ol Tigress in a footrace.
    There she was all bloody and crying someone had done the unspeakable and then cut her to hide there tracks. Sar tried to help her he had called for the healer and a priest but they said there was nothing they could do other than make her comfotable Sar tried and tried to get here to tell him who had done this but in the end it was Sasha who told him. It was late everyone had left when Kyle come to offer His condolences it was then the Tigress Sasha the only mother Sar had ever known relized it was Kyle That assulted Christa she swated the dagger out of his belt and when Sar saw the Bloody dagger and Christa stopped breathing …………..everything turned RED

the last thing Sar remembers other than seeing Kyle Dagger was a bright flash of light and then waking up in the snow not far from foothold

Sarkhan
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

Today I was out in the forest With a couple of friend I had met and I saw the most beatyful woman I have ever seen it was strange the feelings she had brought out in me I will have to be careful to not allow that to happen again whitch brings to mind something else I have to watch out for I was at one of the Inns in Foothold and had a drink Man that was the meanest drink I ever had All I remember was taking a drink a Burning and then i woke up in hel I heard kater from Spana that I damn near burnt the Inn down whoo thats some stong liquer I may need to get some more of that

Sarkhan
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

Well I have found that the woman I met in the forest was a Dryad and the feelings I thought I had were False. Hel probably better this way. I have come to relize that my own happyness is nothing more than a dream and to love again would only lead to more pain and ….. Another broken Oath? what did happen that day ? If only I could remember.

Went into the orc caves today and encountered a orc that Knew me by Name said I was nothing so I sent him to Hel with the rest of his clan funny though how there were so many Shaman in that cave but the strangest thing was when a Orc that I had killed looked up at me and said “nothing” were my companions right? am I going crazy? why was I the only one that heard it? I will have to investgate this more later.

Also saw a Lizard man encased in ice what is it doing here? Seems everytime i go out i come back not with answers but with more questions

Met a priest today gave her 100 gold for some healing kits she didnt ask for that but I felt it was a worthy cause and she promised to pray for Christa. I pray that Christa is in a good place.

Sarkhan
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

Last night I went to see a bard Timtress was her Name. At Verdant Park Well a few of my friends were there as well the tales the bard spoke of touched me deeply almost to deaply in fact I almost went into a frenzy I was so upset by the tale of Baldur The later I started to hear the voices again but this time there was a witness Reinhart The Red also heard the speaking to me I have finally been given a direction I and to take the Axe that was gifted to me and use it to rid the wourld of injustice That will be no easy task but It it is what the Gods want from me then they shall have no less I will do what I can no matter how long it takes

Sarkhan
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

Today was a pretty good day. Well mostly. I ran around did what I could to rid the area of Kobolds Then I found myself in Yar so I decided to travel back to Foothold to meet up with Reinhart. I have been doing what I can to aid in his training He is going to be a fine Warrior someday if he can just keep his temper in check. He seems to take things to personally at times.(Sometimes I wonder if maybe the mist Reinhart speaks of, the one that turned his peaple to walking dead has somehow tainted him) But as I left Yar I saw just ahead in the middle of the road a lighting storm but upon closer inspection I saw the form of a huge humanoid but made of lighting I approched with the upmost care and then he spoke! Now Im not scared to admit it I was quite startled. He didnt seem to be hostle so I asked politely if I may pass and was proptly told NO! He then identified himself as a messenger of Thor and told me he wanted to speak to me regarding 1) The aid that I had given the Sisters and 2)… well for lack of a better way of putting it My resolve or commitment in doing the right and just thing. I tried to tell him that I only did what any man in my postion would have done but he would not hear of it. And then ask about the gift I had recive not long before. My Axe Justice! Now he had my full and complete attention. Had I done something wrong?! But he asured me that I was doing just as I was sopposed to do he then told me that there was another force that was tring to convence me that I was “nothing” because it was said that I would be a major force in destroying the spider temple. and that Thor wanted to see this come to pass. At this point I noticed someone easedropping on the conversation I drew my weapon and sheild and readied myself for combat but it was just a girl….. Well not just a girl but I will get to that in a minute. I saw that she was no threat for she was far to scared to do anything but hide behind a tree. Heh Heh Heh I dont mean to laugh but I really belive if she could have turned into a tree she would have. I then continued my conversation with the Huge lighting man at which point he dropped two weapons on the ground and told me that one of them was mine and the other was to be givin to my friend and trainee Reinhart. He then disappeared as quickly as he had appeared. There on the ground were a Battleaxe and a Greatsword they both seemed to be a mached set and as I picked them up I receive a small shock and the hair on my head stood up strait. but the Axe felt good in my hand althoghe the greatsword felt heavey and akward this was clearly the weapon for my friend.

Now I look over to my right the girl is still there. Scared and shivering. I approch slowly as not to startle her to badly she has her eyes closed and she is muttering “I am the tree I am the tree they cannot see me” over and over I must say I was amused She was truely very beautiful, long Blonde hair, fair skin and a slender build. She then open one eye closed it quickly and started the chant again I could not help my self I tapped her shoulder
    I told here she had nothing to fear “Woman you have nothing to fear from me!” then she showed some fire “Woman! I Have A Name!”
    I replyed “well then what is it?” Tristan. Now you have to understand how beautiful she is and how she had captured my attention I had all but forgot about my task for my God. and was doing all I could to get her attention. All was great in the world….for a minute the Tylan Showed up A very pretty Fairy but also a very Hard woman next thing I knew my intentions and my virtue were under attack I came to the understanding that my attentions were wrong and that women did not like being flattered so therefore Ill not do it again. I Should Have Known Better!! After what happen to Christa I need not care for ANY one person! Bad will only come of it. And I must Always remember the bigger picture Ihave a job to do.
    Therefore I am abandoning My unit Colors and everything that has to do with my past I will be for all intents and purpose a new man the only thing I will concern myself with from here on out will be my oath my duty…….. How did that go?…….. *His fathers words ring through his head again*…… Duty to your Charge above all else!

Sarkhan
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

Sar woke in a panic The dream was so vivid. There was so much blood! Never did he have dreams like this. To him Killing Monsters Bandits Evil doers and anything unnatural was all in a days work. But the killing of animals for anything other than food was bothering him. he had never had to Kill a Wolf, Bear, or a Cat for that matter ever before Mother had always made sure they kept a wide berth not to mention all the other tigers in the area No other Predetor dare enter the woods back home and if they did the didnt stay long. But here there was no large cat to protect him. So he had to fight if only he could calm the beast He wouldnt have to harm them he would have to seek out a druid and learn how this was done. Hel maybe he could even learn how to use those blased scrolls he spent so much money on that always seemed to fizzel out on him I mean the were preist were they not? Maybe Spana would Know someone or maybe she could teach him a thing or two?

I went looking for Spana at the grotto and I found here! But she wasnt alone And this time it wasnt the Mage Kamas (something about him that just rubs me the wrong way) This time it was some stranger I had run into in the forest ( unfriendly chap Reinhart and myself had tried to greet him but he just ran by anyway ) earlier and he was face down on the ground bleeding with Spana Kneeling over him doing what she could to stop his bleeding. Puzzled I asked if i was interupting the strange said I had just saved his life. I thought this very strange cause I had done nothing it was Spana that save his life. He then went on to explain Spana was a Bounty Hunter and she was trying to collect a bounty on him I Damn near Laughed in his face, but He was serious some aurgument followed between him and Spana and since he refused to sheath his rapier I drew my Axe and Sheild and Readied myself for combat I was going to make short work on this fool but Spana turned to leave I gave he a few paces and then followed onec out side Spana who had been so strong in the grotto folded into a mound of weeping flesh I helped her to her feet. And asked what was wrong?
    The only thing I remember her saying was He threaten me for info on Kamases whereabouts That was it!! This dungheap was DEAD!! I had my hand on the door when Spana all but begged me to stop. After listining to here she had calmed my rage. which I will not disclose how she did it cause 1 im not sure and 2 well i may need it and dont want anyone learning how it is done. Kamas the showed and Spana had to leave so I explained what had happen and we went looking for him but he had escaped. Now heres something funny I was tring to find out why was this guy hunting Kamas so to see if I had his trust I asked “Kamas are we friends?” he had to think about it and when he did answer he said “eh Sure” as if he was unsure and there was something in his tone. I do belive I will have to watch my back around that one.

Sarkhan
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

Sar started out the Day preparing To go into the woods In search of a Druid or some monsters. But then relized that the contest in Stonemark was that day so He started cleaning his equipment so that He would look intimedating for the contest only to find out there was No Trial by combat WHAT!! kinda of event was complete without some sort of combat not this pansy ass Noble had us chasing Those fat little birds. What did Nordbert call them? …. pinguins I dont know something like that. And they wern’t even dangeous! But what the hell everyone else was there ( Even Tyian! Why does that woman hate me so much I never did any wrong to here )I may as well be sociable. So I went a long with it. It was total Chaos! those birds have never caused me any trouble they seem to be a very benevolent creature but these towns peaple were running around trying to kill them all so I forgot about tring to win any contest and just wanted to help those poor little fat birds that couldnt even fly they were so fat I even had to Knock a few peaple upside the head. When I say stop I mean stop. And the guards Knew better than to get in my way seems I am earning Quite a reputation here in this new world. and made some new Friends But I will have to be careful cause I think a couple of my “friends” Are not very nice peaple and I may have so issues with them later but i will bid my time and make sure better to wait than jump the gun. Althoughe Nordbert seems to be very sincere in his actions and has done me a great service by gifting me with a new suit of Armor a gift that I will not be able to return for quite some time, but Hel hath no fury like mine To the dung heap that ever does him wrong.

Sarkhan
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

Well I found a Druid But all did not go as planned. At first he told me he would teach me some things and He did, well at least he tried. He taught me to read the scrolls, but I lacked understanding. He tried to teach me to cast some spells, but I lacked the understanding. He taught me how to move around through the wilderness, I picked that up rather easily and also learned to use my surroundings to aid me in combat.But in the end he Said that I was the worst foolhardy Student he had ever had. and if I truely wanted to help the forest i would leave before I caused more Damage! I almost killed him for his Arogance but then thought twice about. It seemed that he was reading my thoughts cause as i got up to leave he said That at least I had the ability to curb my rage and not to react to my first impule and that maybe I would at least find a companion that was possabley as large and brutish as I was. I then Left without another word upset that I have once again failed in one of my endevorers. But then again maybe it just wasn’t ment to be.

Sarkhan
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

Why is it That when some thing great happens All Hel has to break out right after? I had another Dream. But this one was no nightmare! It was great!
    I was standing in a desert, it was hot and there was this pool of water, and in the pool there was a bear complaining of the heat. now the strange thing was I understood the bear It asked me for some honey and I thought I didnt have any but when I looked in my pack there was a jar of honey the ,so I gave it to him! And he promtly wolfed if down he then began to explain things to me such as where we were, and why. It was so Hot so I shed my armor down to my beechcloth and joied the bear in the pool. He then told me that we had chosen each other.
    He also said he would travel with me if I gave him my Oath that I would do all I could to protect the forest, and rid it of the strange spider infestation . I proftly told him that that was a quest my God Thor has sent me on, But I gave my word to him as well, he then told me his name Brother Bear And said if ever I had need of him to just call him then he told me to wake up.

Imagine my embaressment when I woke and found myself almost completly naked standing in front of Krum and Spana!
    Well after getting dressed I told Krum and Spana all about my dream Which up to this point I thought was only just a crazy deam. but when I told Spana the Bears name her eyes got wide and she was looking off behind me. I turn to look and it was my friend Brother Bear from my dream, how cool is that?

But the day just went downhill from there!
    Krum relized that he had some pressing matters and had to return to Foothold. Well Spana Said the she didn’t think Krum liked Kamas very much. Well thats when it happen, I stuck my foot in my mouth not just the toes mind you but the whole foot right up to the ankle. I really didnt mean for here to hear me (or did I? Hmm ) but I said under my breath “Big suprise there”(that was just my toes there). Well she heard it and then she asked me to explain my self, I didn’t want to but she forced the issue. So I told her exactly how I felt about Kamas( and there went the rest of my foot ) and why, and the she told me a little about him. I guess she was trying to ease my mind but all she did was throw the fear of the Gods into me. I dare not say more at least not right now, and I must push this to the back of my mind cause I am not ready to confront the powers that are at work here and I can’t let them know that I am aware of whats going on. Anyway at this point I had to leave. I could not stand to hear anymore.

I had just left Spana and was in the process of looting so dead orcs of the weapons and armor when I heard a alarm going off. By the Gods what is that? then I heard an anuncement, the foothold gate was under attack by Giants I ran as fast as I could with Brother Bear right at my heels! When i got to foothold I saw that the west gate had been Knocked off its hinges and there were Giants everywhere! Right away I readied my axe and my shield and was running into the fray, but then a voice in my head screamed ” Arrows Man Arrows” so I drew my bow and proceeded to launch arrow after arrow at the giants Brother Bear jumped right into a group of them and fought alongside Viridan I had lost sight of his as a club came down on my head and I found my self in Hel with two others. I could not let a mortal wound stop me from protecting my friends and my new home. So I ran to Garm and I told him “I can not let something as minor as a mortal wound stop me from protecting my home send me back NOW!!!” So back into fight I was. It was a long and hard battle but in the end we drove them off. But i could not find Brother Bear anywhere. I search for hours looking for him but It wasnt untill i stopped to rest that he came running back so as you see my life is not a pleasent one for every bit of good that happens to me I get kicked in the head twice as hard and twice as much.

Sarkhan
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

Yesterday was a great day! After weeks of not seeing Reinhart I passed him on the road we exchanged pleasantries we decided to go to the Ogre fortress to thin out the population some. As we approached the town proper Red had decided to run ahead and scout the area some. I Stayed behind to make sure the area was secure. Man that was a mistake! I had just made sure the area was secure and was leaving. When first I heard a rush of air I turned just in time to see a very Large Green Dragon come in and land, well it saw me first I guess. Cause just as I realized what danger I was in I was hit by several balls of light! (Damn that hurt) I tried to run Knowing I was no match for a Dragon of this size. But in my rush I got my Boot stuck in between two boards in the bridge. The dragon continued its attack! Well my postion must have provided me with some cover cause when I got loose I realized that this dragon had cast its last spell. That’s It I decided I was running no more I drew my bow and proceeded to fire arrow after arrow. I looked behind me hoping to see some help but no one was there. I then realized I had some throwing axes I took of of some Bandit earlier that day. So I started throwing those at it It was hit and miss for a while. Finally Red must have heard my Battle Cry cause I started to notice Bolts bouncing of the Dragons thick Hide. I was down to less than 5 Axes then I noticed a loose Scale so I took aim and threw my axe. HIT!! But the scale was still there but I had loosened it so I Threw the rest of my Axes at the loose scale Finally at the last axe I had Knocked it off!
    My first thought was to try to bury Justice into the Dragons bare chest but as I grew closer I realized that would interfere with Reds Shot I knew he was aiming at the same spot I wanted to bury my Axe so I ran back to a secure postion and started firing Arrows again Just when I realized I was running Low on Arrows I saw Reds bolt hit the soft Fleshy spot I had only moments ago exposed. The beast was down Although I got no trophy for it Reinhart in his haste cut to deep and the Dragon had bleed out before I could get any. But I and my God Thor Know what I had done that day. and that’s all I need. I know they are singing songs of my deed in Vallhalah This Night

Sarkhan
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

Its been quite some time since I first arrived here. And I’m really growing to like this place. Although its very cold I have my ring to keep me warm, so the cold doesnt bother me. This place is not so differant than where I used to call home. I have friends (or at least I think I do) and I have enemy’s. I have lost friends,some of those losses pain me deeply others I could care less I would rather drive my axe through there skull as to say hello. So I can not really and truely trust anyone here any more than I could trust anyone back home, Except Christa but shes gone now. *sighs* And all I have are my memories which I tresure more than all the gold in Markshire.

I really dont think I have the will to continue. But yet I am drivin to go on. My God has much work for me to do still. Yesterday I was in the orc lair killing everything I saw running into the thick of them being surrounded by then killing and waiting for the blow that would send me to Hel! I have no fear of Garm I know my God Thor would not allow me to stay there cause I am a loyal and faithful servent. As I killed the last of them and toke what tresure they had I heard Thor I could hear the Thunder I could also feel and smell the Lighting I called out to him, asking what he wanted of me but no answer or so I thought. As I neared the exit I saw here Never had I saw a woman so beutyful even though she was in full Armor I fit here as a second skin she had large white wings I knew this woman to be one of the Valkiri. As I kneeled before her she praised me for being a Noble Honorable and Obident Servent and said she was there to take me home. I thought Great finally I can be with Christa So I said “To Valhalla” I almost Cried when she chuckled and said no. She then told me my place in Valhalla was set but I had much to do before I was called. She then told me that she would fly me to wherever I called home. So I told her I would like to go to Yar as my packs were full and I like doing buisness at the caravan and he gives me more gold for the weapons and armor I find.

I sold what I had then went outside to camp. After I woke I decided to go check out the new container shop in Stonemark. Along the way (Just as I got lost ) I ran into Tyian. She was very civil this day so I thought I would try to do the same I really didnt need the help but I thought if I asked her for directions. Suprisenly she consented. Along the way We ran into a merc who said he was there to kill me over some revenge thing ( When will they ever learn? ) Tyian must not be used to combat cause she kept yelling at me to just subde him. *pftt* Draw Steel on me and it will be the last time. besides He did not leave me any other choice I gave him several chances to halt his course of action. But in the end he chose death. So after the city guard showed I just knew Tyian was going to send me to the dungens even though she told the Guard that the merc started the fight she also told him that I used more force than nessasary. Ha Women what do they know of combat they think you can just talk your way around everything ( Hmm reminds me of …… Christa.. ) Well she was right about one thing I still dont know who sent him. But I’m sure another will show his self .

Sarkhan
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

How did that go? The gods favor those without regrets and something else. Damn I can not remember that other part. It matters not I am already Damned!, cause I do have regrets. I regret not being there for Christa I could have saved her. I always was more than a match for that cowardly little bastard. Why did he do that? He had everything he every wanted. She had never done anything to anyone always preaching peace.

Ahh my aching head where was I last night? Oh I remember now! Oh I am such a fool why did I go there? I ment every word I said but still if I learned anything from Christa that was no woman likes a drunk. Well now I have two apologys to make. Well before I do that I’m gonna need a littlr hair of the dog.

Sarkhan
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

I dont belive this! Tossed in jail like a common criminal, and for what Beating some fool who so deperetly needed it. Never had anyone treated him like that noone who knew him would dare. But it wasnt someone who knew him it was a stranger. And why? All cause of that Spoiled self centered woman. She acts like she is the center of everything. Always with the insults well thats it! Never again there will be no more warnings next time she pops off at the mouth. He will shut it for her. He’s tried to be polite but she just cant let sleeping dogs lie. Yesterday he had just come out from the temple after prayers and there she was. Sar didnt say a word his head still hurting from a night of too much drinking he was content to not say a word Just standing there looking around waiting for his eyes to adjust to the light. He saw Spana knowing they needed to talk. he was just about to say something when There she goes talking about his cloths. What the Hel? It wasnt so much what she said but more the way she said it! But he let it go only saying that He thought they had a agreement. She replied saying that was why she was leaving whitch she did only to return and blame him for her going the wrong way. This was getting old This woman had no respect at all. She blames him for everything. No matter if it was his fault or not. And now She is the cause for his entire Problem with the Foothold gaurd she had to start groading a fight with Her Reinhart and Himself. but she is a treacherious woman some how she has managed to get all his friend against him. But that is fine Who needs them? I certenaly dont Foothold can rot. Sar has vowed to not spend another copper in that town and to not return if it can be helped there are stores all over Markshire He may go to Foothold from time to time to sell but will not spend a single copper there again and next time something or someone threatens the city He will stand and watch. That city is without Justice and as far as Sar is concerned Has whatever happens coming to it.

Sarkhan
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

You know its amazing what and good friend can do for you. There I was at the Everspring inn. Sitting with my back to the door waiting for the dagger that was sure to be stuck in my back. I saw the Posters

This is a suggestion to the guards and leaders of Foothold that Sar be permanately banned from the town. He is guilty of attacking two people within just a few minutes, threatening three other people, and resisting arrest. He has proven himself on several occasions to be a disruptive force in the town, and it is obvious he will only continue to be a larger and larger problem. I, Tyian Hlae’Tlithar, as a cleric of Tyr, god of law, do hereby swear in his name my statements to be true and honest and for the protection of Foothold and its citizens.

There it was I was a mad dog, granted there was no bounty, But that was just a matter of time before someone decide I needed to be put down. What was it jelousy corruption or just pure unaduterated hate it didn’t matter. She had won, Sar had two friend s Reinhart the Red and Brother Bear that was it. And they both would have been better off without him. Well he still had his flask but was wallowing in to much self pity to reach in his pouch to get it. The waitress had been to the table several times she would ask if he needed anything but after no answer she would leave only to return.
    He sat there for a couple hours whay he wasnt run off he didnt Know pehaps it was pity perhaps news of last night events hadn’t reach here yet and they were happy to have SarKhan one of Thors Favored in there mist Maybe the news had reached and the were to scared. I did not matter he was being left alone for the most part. Well untill Monty Three Cards showed. He had heard from Reinhart the Red the night before that they had lost that friend as well. So this was who would do it. Well at least it was Monty Sar had a lot of Love for the young Mage he was a honorable man and Smart too. he would make it quick and clean. But no that was not the case Monty wanted to stand and letture Sar. Great!! He had heard it all before but, Once more wasnt going to kill him (heh heh). So Sar told him Either stick the dagger in my neck or sit down It looked like he was going to leave but he sat down. But the letture was differant this time Monty had saw what happen He saw her groading Sar into a frenzy This time the lecture was about Sar remaining calm and not letting peaple send him into a rage.
    Suddenly Sar felt someone or something disturb his pack he jumped out of his chair whiped around and aske the waitress if she had bumped into him well she didnt and she saw no humor in the question. Sar began to examine his pack and as his hand touched the axe the Thor had Gifted to him something felt differant Thor had once again gifted his axe. He still had the backing of the Gods afterall. Then he saw the flask he didnt need it anymore so he left it on the floor.

Then Monty said he would go to the Captain of the guard and explain to them that Sar was not the Mad Dog some people would lead him to belive. Sar was a good man He did a lot for Foothold Well Monty must have been one hell of a Talker cause by the time he was done, The Captain of the guard was willing to let it go he sent Sar a message that all would be forgivin this time but there would be no second chances.

Sar had Things to do money to make so he decided to head down to the bazzar to sell the tresure from his last raid on the Orcs. Once done he decided to go to the grotto he wasnt at all prepared for what happen next. He ran into Vanni. Apone seeing him she gasp and stepped back! Sar thought No it cant be see is scared of me. That woman has even turned this servent of the Arie against him. But she assured him that was not the case. But that she had just met a young lady that she belived was looking for him She had remembered the name from when her and Sar had first met and he had asked her to to pray for his fallen love. At first He thought She was playing games with him as was others But the look on her face told him the word she spoke were true and this was no trick of Loki. He had to hurry! He must have walked right by her He ran for the gate from what Vanni had said she was headed for Stonemark. He ran for the gate but when he question a guard he was told she was being chased to the Bazzar By a half orc. He ran faster than he ever had in his life! He got to the bazzar and was directrd to the grotto He quickly searched the area and found a door. After he got through the door he saw Christa backed in a corner Vanni standing between her and Half Orc. No this was not happening He lost her once He would not lose her again! He knew very well that merely drawing his axe could get him Exiled from Foothold but he had to protect Christa! He drew his Axe. MOVE AWAY FROM HER NOW!! the half orc stated that he had it all wrong and he was doing nothing wrong I WILL NOT REPEAT MY SELF AGAIN MOVE AWAY FROM HER NOOWW!!!! He approched The rage was slowly taking over again. So it would release and blood would be shed But Vinna Said something Sar didnt hear it but He felt a calm the half orc said he wasnt going to fight him and dropped his armor stating he had nothing to do wiht Sars quarrel with Tyian But he couldnt let him hurt her. Now he understood this man knew nothing he was just a pawn in Tyians game Sar spoke again Your Right you had nothing to do with it you just got caught in the middle of something you didnt understand Sar offered his hand and an apology to him after some conversation between the four of them Sar and Christa Retired to a room at the Inn and since they were not married as of yet they simply spent the night together in silence hold one another trading the stories back and forth untill the early hours of the morning Once again Life was all but back to normal in fact better he had Christa and was Knight to not a power mad King but to a god.

Sarkhan
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

Life has been Great these past few weeks since I found my Best Friend and betrothed Christa, or should I say she found me! I have felt calmer and more relaxed. Although she was pushing for us to be wed at first she is not so presistant as of late. So I have been honing my skills waiting for my God Thor to call on me again. So I have been hunting Cyclops They are quite the challenge and they keep me on my toes although they dont have anything of value the work out is much better.

The other day I saw something I thought very strange A huge Troll carrying a axe and he had a companion that was weilding a sword and they both spoke common I had earlier ran across one of them in the forest so I cut open the badder of a craig cat that had attacked me and rubbed some of the urine on me to cover my scent but i had got tired of waiting so I continued on to Zairat to buy more arrows. That was when I saw the two trolls. I had a very confusing conversation with them explaining that they couldnt be hunting peaple if they wanted to be permited to live without being Hunted they seemed to have some fear of me so I just told them that if they were hungry to eat oxen ,deer or any of the other animals in the forest hell I even told them to to hunt any of the monsters but they didnt seem to like the idea of hunting their cousins. I knew it was a mistake to leave them be but I kinda felt bad they were smart enoghe to weild weapons and speak some broken common. So I was hopeing they would be able to adapt to some sort of cizilized life. But I found that to be a mistake, cause a couple days later I was needing gold for more arrows so I headed to the orc caves cause they always have great equipment that I get a good price on. As I walked in i saw one of the trolls and Reinhart the first thing I noticed was Reinhart was white as a ghost and looked a little pale and then I saw why and it made me sick and put me into a rage. Little Sister was laying on the ground as though she were just thrown away like yesterdays trash and her arm had been torn off as I looked to who I knew was guilty He knew what was going cause he was already running for the door as I hit him with my axe he stopped and tried to fight back but then thought better of it and took off running again. I chased him through the forest and lost him but I had a idea as to where he was going and sure enoghe he was at the city gates of Zairat we fought for a minute and he ran off just as I was about to drop him. So once again the chase was on I knew if he was to make it to the forest again I would lose him and probably not find him again so I drew my bow and fired a arrow Im not sure where I hit him but it was good enough That he stopped to fight and that was his mistake cause it was there I dropped him. I know I should have killed him there but I could not bring myself to do it so l gave him a warning “If you ever kill another person I WILL Kill you slow and painfully”
    I then left and found Spana to see what I could to comfort her but I guess me showing up covered in the trolls blood made her sick so i left untill I was able to clean up Wasnt long until I was off helping Reinhart in his quest to help his people and there problems with some mist after a lot of killing the job was done.

Sarkhan
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

Things have been pretty crazy around here as of late. My self and a couple of others Noticed the spider population had been getting bold and there have been other strange things happening so we went to The orc Caves out by Yar to investgate. There were so many shamen it was like shooting fish in a barrel. I guess thery were tring to raise some old temple. But we got there just in time to kick some serious arse. (ahh Its a good thing they had me) I was running into the thick of battle Just slicing and diceing! and befoe I knew it there was the biggest meanest uglyest and might I add foulest smelling Black Dragon I have ever saw and It burst right through the ground at what point. IT made short work of us.

Not a problem We Have defeated the Dragon well for know I still belive it was a ploy but we lured it into a closed area and let him have it ahh it was a most gratifying battle No more will Foothold be plauged by this beast

Sarkhan
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

What!!! I never thought this would happen. Garm refusing to let me leave!? Why the nerve does he not know to whom he speaks? I am Sar Khan one of the greatest Warriors to ever pick up a Axe. I have sent countless enmies to hell. I have to go back the world needs me!
    What will they do without me?

?Kamas? “They will be far better off without you. You cumbersome Ouf”

?Spana? “Good Gods Yes! I am so glad you are gone! Little Sister indeed”

?Monty Threecards?” Finally I no longer have to hear that presistent rable you are contantly spewing from your mouth”

?Tyian?“Ahh everyone let us celebrate the death of some one so … well trival”

?Opinvu? *Laughs*

?Christa?” You are no man! I dont know why I stayed with you for as long as I did . You are nothing! Less than nothing. At first, I guess it was out of pitty. you were so young and stupid barely knowing how to read. And you thought you would be my Husband? Little coward ! I had no fear in marring you ,cause I knew you didnt have it in you. You are a coward!

Why? why do you all speak to me like this? What have I done? *shouts*Why Have You Forsaken Me!!!?

I belive I can answer that for you well enoghe…..*Sar slowly turns to the new voice and looks in Shock at the speaker*….First Knight

Sarkhan
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

How long had it been? It seemed ages since he had last seen his new home in Foothold. It seem this demon was tring to break him but it wouldn’t work! Sar had a job to do and not even the depths of Hel would keep him from his task. But he did at times wonder what would happen if he just stopped fighting, or at least stopped to take a break?
    He was so hungry and the flask and wineskins he saw from time to looked so inviting. but something told him that if he stopped to partake of anything in this place that it just might bind him here.
    By the gods there had to be a way out! And then he saw it!! A light!! if he could only make it .

Sarkhan
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

Ahh It is good to be back in Foothold! Although things are quite differant. I was approched by one of Reinhart’s long dead people who told me of Reinharts fall. At first I did not belive it but after running into Reinhart. and seeing for myself I now understand there concern.
    But I belive there is still much good left in him. Hopefully I may be able to get him to snap out of it, But I will have to be carefull for I belive he has his own agenda and that being to turn me. He rants on like a madman about how together we could rule Foothold. He is quite mad if I was to try something like that I would work on a far grander scale. So I think there is still hope for him. I feel right now he is just lashing out and hopefully he will tire of this silly little game soon before it gets out of hand.
    Right now I do not care for him at all but he is my Brother and i will love him all the same. Make me wonder though? “is this some sort of test?”

It was good to fight by his side though killing the Sewer King was quite the rush.

Sarkhan
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

OH MY GOD THOR WHAT HAVE I DONE!!!? I was so happy to see Spana that I never thought to question what the Quest was. Not to mention that If Spana was on the quest then it had to be honorable But by the time I relized that it wasnt it was to late. I tried to snach up the feathers from the raven but by the time I got to them it was to late there wasnt even ash left.

First Reinhart and now Ederyn. I just hope there is still time to save my soul.

Sarkhan
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

Its been sometime since I have seen many of my friends, I am amazed at how far they have come since that day I wandered into the pass with Nordbert and was killed by a dragon. Monty has indeed become quite a powerful mage and Spana seems quite confedent in herself these days if not a little troubled. Ederyn has grown wings an now breaths fire I was a little concered for him at first but I do belive he is remorseful for his actions. There are others that I have not see yet such as Christa but from what I gather she has left I guess the stress of losing me not once but twice was to much for her. I think that I will stay dead to her. I do hope her life is a good one. But there is one that I fear for very much…..Reinhart.

I was just outside the Bazzar talking to Ederyn about his actions and brought up my plans to have a intervention with Reinhart. The plan was to get Spana, Monty, Ederyn, Myself and several other of our friends toghther to try and get Reinhart to understand that he does have friends and we with for him to return to the light.
    But as Ederyn and I were planing this Reinhart appeared out of nowhere and told me I was wasting my time. For several hours it seemed we tried to talk some sence into him but he was hell bent on killing Captain Hillar. So Ederynand I did the only thing we could do. We chased Reinhart to the barraks and engaged him in combat! Finally we had him subdued when a very angry Hillar came out of his office demanding to know what was going on. So after much expanation Reinhart was taken to a cell. I only hope that there is a way to help him. I hear his trial will be next week I will have to make sure to attend.

Sarkhan
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

I just cant belive it! A group of us were notifed that the tobbaco in the grotto Had been stolen and all signs pointed to Spinehold so off we went After fighting many bandits we came across a barn and inside was a wounded Dwarf after some time this dwarf gave some information that He had been working in a tobbaco feild when they were attacked by a group of Stonemark Gaurds. I couldnt belive it! Stonemark would never do something like that, it had to be a rouse.
    And it only got worse. He had overheard these men state that they wer going to The Sister house next!!! Well I could not let this Happen I had sworn a Oath to both the sisters and to Thor to protect The innocent! So I said We must be off!! But spana was to busy playing nurse maid to the old dwarf who by this time was in pretty decent condition and told me to wait, so I did …. well for a minute. Then I was off Valgrimm came alone with me as support Im not sure what Dram was doing And I understand Ederyn staying behind to make sure Spana was safe. But I ran all the way back to the sisters house. Only stopped once to help Valgrimm dispatch a group of Worgs and their riders. Once we got there everything seemed quite normal but I knocked on the door anyways well the reverand mother came out and told me everything was fine and there had been no trouble but if it made me feel better I could remain outside And keep a eye out. As she was walking back inside Spana and the others finally caught up! and the Spana Started in on me about running off and not waiting and that there nothing wrong. No sooner than that WOOSH!!!! someone had set the sisters feilds ablaze. Some Stupid Out of control Captain from foothold After much Talk and everyone more worried about their own Arse than what this Captain had done I Reached in and put him in a headlock and began to cut his aie untill he was ready to go back to Stonemark. OH HEL You should have heard the whining and sniveling then “oh Sar stop you will get us all in trouble” Please! That man wasnt going to go peaceably So I made him go. Had I waited for spana to coax him back to Stonemark with some milk and cookies we would still be there!
    My way worked and it worked better. And Im told I was only making things worse, I dont see how things could have gotton any worse most of the tobbaco fields have been burned and a lot of inocennts have lost there lives. I wonder who Spana was worried about things getting worse for most likely herself. If Reinhart the Red was there there would have been No Whining We would have beat the hel out of that Mad Dog and dragged his sorry Arse back to Stonemark

Sarkhan
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

Today I ran across A dwarf That I had bee told Was working for the Man thats been looking for me. For the Murder of Prince Kyle Well if he was the muscle then I have nothing to fear.

More importanly I was headed up to the one eyes cave to help some of my Friends hunt but when I got there I saw all of then scattered around like yesterdays garbage and looking worse . And standing over them was a Man I never got a good look at him cause as soon as I noticed him he spun around and quickly beat the hell out of me I have dropped Giants before killed dragons and in those fights I toke some blows but this man Fought with such skill and ferocity it made them look like Rabbits He said he was one of the 13 . If he was one Only Thor knows how we will defeat them

I decided to go to the crypts in Yar to see what was down there I Knew that there was no way I would survive without a mage of some sort and since Monty was nowhere to be found I took Faith with me. Seems I would be lost without her she has become closer to me than Red ever was We spent a few hours down there clearing the place out when we ran into some extreme restance and traps everywhere Really wish I had brought a rouge with me And then I saw it! A Lich!! I dont know why I wasnt scared I am always being told that theres a thin line between bravery and Foolhardy That may have been the reason at first I just fired a few of my speicial arrows at it but that seemed to do no good so I played on the evil beings weekness Brute force witch I have plenty of. I pulled my Axe and Sheild Ingnoring any traps and monsters that were left and proceded to spit his skull.
    I smacked the hel out of him a few times giving him some nice gashes to write home about *laughs*. Guess thats when I put the fear of Thor into him. He had some nice stuff locked away in a chest that I procured.Then right as we were leaving A small girl about 5 or 6 appeared and told me I would pay for what I did to her father And that when she grew up she would kill me Great just what I need one more enemy!

On the way out I found a man lying the I had not notieced befor so i carefull picked him up and carried him back to Foothold where Opinvu, Faith and myself buried him. It was then that I went to notify Capt Hillar as to what I had done. He told me I had too much time on my hands and that he had receved a report of a kidnaping a band of kobolds and ogre had commited in Yar! Well I guess he realizes just how incopitant his gaurds are he want me to take care of it. Then he had the nerve to say that it would make up for my outburst in court last week. I told him not to bother cause what I said still stands.
    So once again Faith and I were off on another Quest this time we took a young Palidin that I have been tring to look after Aelswith is her name. went to Yar then headed into the plains to a place Faith said she had noticed a lot of kobold activity. A old farm house well after fighting what seemed a leagion of lobolds we came across the ogre he had a cradle next to him and seemed quite upset Faith and turned invisable and tried to snach the baby out of the crip but got smacked away. The ogre theaten to kill the baby if we tried anything else so I tried something new. I tried talking to it maybe a barter was in order It was then my heart sank for this creature whos so many of its kind had fell to my Axe. In the crib were not one but two babys the human baby we were seeking and a ogre baby that was pale and blue dead. was it possable that ogres these monsters we were constantly fighting were capable of love?
    I did what in my heart I knew was right! I told the Ogre that if he promised to return the human baby I would do all i could to help his baby after much discussion he agreed. Well I did not want to trust this to just any ressurection scroll. So I used a rune i had found earlier Very old and very powerful as well as very rare But a childs life was on the line not just one but two. Well needless to say It worked and true to its word The ogre gave me the human child and left. We then returned the baby to Hillar who slid a very large bag of gold across his desk to me saying Here is your reward I was insulted seeing that child return to its mother was my reward and Hillar tried to put a price on life. just goes to prove my opinion of him was correct. well Time for bed maybe i will just not get out of bed tommaro ill just lay here for a while

Sarkhan
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

I can not belive this Day has been so Bad first I am hunted bt that Blasted Troll defeted by him and have my dagger stole from me the when i arange a hunting party with my so called friend Reinhart he turns on me and helps that blasted troll And now i find that Christa is dead and my dagger has been found on her. What next? Just when I feel i have gain a little of my Gods Favor it seems he has forsakin me But who am I to question Thor

Sarkhan
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

Accused Of Murder!! Due to the simple fact It was his Dagger Found on the scene. Hillar must be Mad How Dare he make such a Accusation That was his betrothed. And should have been his Wife but he was to much the coward to comit. And now he would never Know. There were few second chances in this world. And Sar had a habit of runing through them like he was running through the Flask of ale he had started induging in again. And once again he was being given a second chance. Hillar told him that against his better judgment he would allow Sar the opprtunity To bring in the real Murderer NueGhak.
    So Now with the Rumurs Of him being out of control He had to put together a hunting party. and a better one than the last Now dont get me wrong There Hearts where in the right Place But they just did not have the Skills. Hell he hardly had the Skills how many times had that Troll bested him? three four time it would take more training And more Powerfull Allies So far he Had the Help of Val And the Tracker Matimis
    And had sent a messenger to seek out Monty But he had not returned yet! They even had a idea as to where they could trap the Troll Sar Smiled as he thought about what hillar had said “All you need is a piece of it that can talk.

Sarkhan
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

The Task I have before me will not be easy therefore I have decided that more vigiours traning is needed so I have inlisted Valgrimm to help be it he knows why or not, although I suspect he does. These past few weeks I have come to relize that there are those better in combat than myself. Val being one of them. I thank Thor for sending him my way. This man is very smart in the ways of war. I have been learning a lot of tatics from him and have learned that I cannot go rushing in on these creatures like i do the orc ogres and one eyes in the past. I suspect he had to learn due to the harshness of being a guard on the wall all those years. It has turned him into a hard man.
    I mayself have taken to voluntering some of my time to aid those on the wall. Some of the younger men seem to injoy my company and look to me as a sort of hero. But the older men say that I am nothing more than a distraction from there dutys they sound a lot like Val. Its sad really, what this wall has done to those that guard it. Its as though they forget why they started doing it to begin with. I hope all this training I am doing in the desert will aid in my task of bringing that DAMN troll NueGhak in. Ahh I cant wait to see the look on that Trolls face when I put his head in a bag .*laughs*

Sarkhan
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

I cant belive him of all the stupid ideas hes had. Walking up to the Foothold gate and attacking a guard takes the cake. Ah but what do I care He made part of my Job a lot easier. Now I wont have to Go out hunting for him. Hes now in a cell in the cusdaty of Capt Hillar. Ah but He almost wasnt That bastard started trash talking Christa telling me how he killed her. And how she screamed my name. Funny thing is although he admits to doing the deed I dont see how. I think hes covering for someone. and I know who.
    But earlier today I chanced to meet monty and he was with Vruruk. Monty said he was headed to the desert but we never made it. Vruruk toke it apon himself to teach me the error of my ways at first i was quite annoyed at this but as the lessons and humility progressed I understood he was sincer. he wasnt being a ass.
    First Val then Virdian and now Vruruk. These are some major powers in foothold Why have they suddenly taken a Intrest in me? Dont get me wrong I am glad there is a lot I can learn from each of them and I will soak up as much as they are willing to share.

Sarkhan
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

Finally Kalem Salt is no more. But this came at a heavey price. My body Sore and acheing Many young Adventures seriously hurt. How none of them were killed is beyound me. I remember little of that fight As I seem to have taken a good many blows to the head. From Kalem I used every bit of my healing the first 10 minutes of the fight and was then Knocked uncosiouse from it. I came and went never able to gather enough strength to get up. Finnally My prayer was answered.
    I got up. Hobbled back into the fight by this time Val had had Kalem Salt wore down i began my attack but this member of the 13 was just way too skilled for me he dodged or parryed almost every attack but finnally there it was the blow than sent Kaem Salt to Hel and reduced the the 13’s number to 12. It was mine. But I think I will just keep this to myself. There are more important things than who gets the glory for putting down one of the 13 I still have 12 more a dracolich and that damn troll……….. and then what? What happens Then?

Sarkhan
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

I am getting closer and closer to ridding the world of one more lich. I have finnally put all three volumes of Uehling Quilici together and with Father Ryches help there will be many copys of this book to let everyone Know whats going on not to mention the valluable information I will draw from these book perhaps the the way to kill it is in there ther is mention of a sword so I may need to seek this sword out

Ther party I but together Did Very well I was quite impressed with all But Braetai I am not sure what his problem was but I do hope he gets over it. Aelswith will be a fine Palidin It seems everytime she swings her Sword she gets better and better I had gotten tangeled in dome tree roots on the way back from the Gate and Aelswith had a Cyclops ambush her and befoe I could get free she had dropped the beast by herself. It wont be long before she will have no use for me any longer which is good It means I will no longer have to worry about her.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 65 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.