Saturday, June 7th

Home Forums Admin Only THE GUYS Saturday, June 7th

This topic contains 17 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Thrym Thrym June 12, 2008 at 1:38 pm.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

muddy
    • Markshire PCs:

I will be without wife for 6 days while she goes to a conference this Saturday. I would really really like to get all the chit I need for Markshire II downloaded and installed properly.

Would anyone want to hold my hand and help me through it?

Do I need an expansion or anything?

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

heh just went through this with Domf. Yes you need the expansion. You need the Haks, and the PWC file too. They all go in folders in your MyDocs… i’d have to find the locations they’re not your install folder.

– mule

Thrym
    Thrym
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs: Grottle, Gruzk, Ashimar

For all the Muddy hand-holding necessities go here …

http://www.markshire2.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=46

muddy
    • Markshire PCs:

For grins I clicked on the first link, it asked me if I wanted to “open with” or “save as” with WinRar.

IF I remember correctly I just open it to the specified file and you make your haks automatically do their thing, yah?

Thrym
    Thrym
    Keymaster

@muddy wrote:

For grins I clicked on the first link, it asked me if I wanted to “open with” or “save as” with WinRar.

IF I remember correctly I just open it to the specified file and you make your haks automatically do their thing, yah?

Asked and answered on IM.

muddy
    • Markshire PCs:

Heck yeah, I even remember how to log onto instant messenger… sorta.

Trillian has been giving me problems, so back to reliable MSN

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

pssssst try Pidgeon.

– mule

muddy
    • Markshire PCs:

Only thing Pidgeons are good for are shooting and shooting. I’ll be damned if my messenger is named after a winged rat.

Side note, I managed to get everything saved into the right files. Then I find out my WinRAR is out of date and they want me to buy it? Can I just remove it and re download it? Or I wonder if it will just work regardless.

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

ya just hit cancel on that I believe. It should keep letting you use it.

– mule

Monty
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

Yup, just click cancel, and it will still work. Of course, you should buy a copy….. 😉

M3C

muddy
    • Markshire PCs:

@monty wrote:

you should buy a copy….. 😉

M3C

*gentle backhand*

s-m-r
    • Markshire PCs:

@muddy wrote:

Side note, I managed to get everything saved into the right files. Then I find out my WinRAR is out of date and they want me to buy it? Can I just remove it and re download it? Or I wonder if it will just work regardless.

As far as I know, WinRAR isn’t crippled after a certain amount of time/uses. I think I still have my original WinRAR installation from my game producer days, and that was like four years ago or something. That “please buy” message keeps popping up every time, but the program is still functional.

muddy
    • Markshire PCs:

Should I wait to do all the opening of the downloads until AFTER I buy and install the expansion??

Monty
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

You can unRAR them whenever you want. Just keep a copy for now in a separate directory, so if anything goes wrong, you can just copy it again – or alternatively, just keep the RAR files handy.

🙂

M3C

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

did you install it yet muddy? I was recovering saturday so I didn’t much have a chance to get on…

– mule

muddy
    • Markshire PCs:

We managed to spend a few thousand dollars on baby stuff this weekend, I did not even purchase the expansion yet.

I will try to get’r bought tomorrow if it’s cheap enough.

Decker
    • Markshire PCs:

are self extracting files available that will put all where it needs be?

Seems like it would make all easyyyyy

Thrym
    Thrym
    Keymaster

The files are spelled out for you on the Markshire 2 forum.

There are several options for self-installing files but they require some effort to build properly. And require purchasing the program.

Neither of which I am ready to do just yet.

I am in the middle of updating the 2DAs for our new feats and several other minor changes.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.