Seeing less of me.

Home Forums Discussion Forums Out of Game Seeing less of me.

Viewing 27 posts - 31 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    Brak
    • Markshire PCs:

That was almost a Meatloaf moment.

s-m-r
    • Markshire PCs:

Holy cow…how did I miss this?!?!?

CONGRATS, MAN!

BoostNJuice
    • Markshire PCs:

*runs out to mail box to check for an invitation*

and Brak….. ask anyone here, you don’t want me to get going about all that……….. AGAIN!

In all seriousness congrats man, I hope you two are very happy.. 8)

Sarkhan
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

Poor guy 😉

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

@vlan2k wrote:

In all the years I’ve known him, I’ve never seen him this….. stable….. about someone, or to have ATTRACTED anyone that stable, for that matter.

They don’t call me the Kamikaze of Love fer nuthin!

Iathouz
    • Markshire PCs:

Quick Vlan, have your bard offer to sing for his special occasion.

vlan2k
    • Markshire PCs:

Har dee har har har har

vlan2k
    • Markshire PCs:

*stomps away muttering under his breath about weddings and funerals and armorers who can’t take a freakin’ joke….*

Iathouz
    • Markshire PCs:

Score that one

Valgrimm
    • Markshire PCs:

You are entering a whole new world, whether you know it or not.

Here is a handy wife translator that you can refer back to:

The wife says: You want.
    The wife means: You want.

The wife says: We need.
    The wife means: I want.

The wife says: It’s your decision.
    The wife means: The correct decision should be obvious! And not what you want it to be.

The wife says: Do what you want.
    The wife means: You’ll pay for this later!

The wife says: We need to talk.
    The wife means: I need to complain.

The wife says: Sure… go ahead.
    The wife means: I don’t want you to.

The wife says: I’m not upset.
    The wife means: Of course I’m upset you moron!

The wife says: Be romantic, turn out the lights.
    The wife means: I have flabby thighs.

The wife says: This kitchen is so inconvenient.
    The wife means: I want a new house.

****If you get the response “Nothing” or “I’m fine” to your questions you better duck for cover. For example;

You ask: What’s wrong honey?
    The wife says: Nothing
    The wife means: You screwed up royally

You ask: How are you doing or is that okay with you.
    The wife says: I’m fine or that’s fine.
    The wife means: She’s mad and it’s not okay

You might want to print this out onto a cheat sheet with some small font so you can refer to it during critical situations and save yourself a few nights sleeping on the couch.

Brak
    • Markshire PCs:

Nothing burned down and nothing froze over for anyone wondering.

Congrats Brother, It went smoothly.

Lt. Tyler
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

Yeah, but um, what’s with all the locusts and frogs on my lawn?

😉
    Congrats! Hope there were some nice memories to look back fondly on in the years to come!

Thrym
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs: Grottle, Gruzk, Ashimar

It was in a Conservatory with Colonel Mustard and he had the Candlestick.

It was held in a Conservatory. A lot of nice plants, flowers, coy fish, turtles, waterfalls, etc.

Then the reception was held in a restaurant inside an Art Gallery. Gallery was cool. Lots a stuff to check out.

Including…

the bronze statue “Bronco Buster” by Frederick Remingtion (shown is a replica)

the bronze statue “Cheyenne” by Frederick Remington (shown is a replica)

the painting “The Voyeur” by Norman Rockwell which was made into a Saturday Evening Post cover.

…and many, many other exhibits (Egyptian Mummy, Etched Suit of German Armor, a Gothic Engine Block, Latino Art Section)

Corgano
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

The deed is done then, yes?

Congrats man! Sounds like all went well. I hope there were lots of pictures and a few videos taken filled with good memories! 😀

Peace,
    Cor

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

heh congratulations again. Now get back to work!

– mule

Monty
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

Yeah, where is that guy??? Congrats, BTP and Mrs. Bones! Best wishes!

M3C

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

I got back to the U.S. yesterday instead of Sunday.

Our Jeep did not make the trip with us.

More later, in a style you know can only be brought to you by me.

Shanara
    • Markshire PCs:

Gah! I must be blind or just plain clueless! I can’t believe I didn’t see this!

Awesome BTP! Congrats to you and the Mrs BTP!

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

hrmm you blind and clueless shan?
    😯
    😈

😀

I await the tale BTP

– mule

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

The wedding went off without much of a hitch. If I feel like being photoshopped I’ll maybe put a pic of the day up somewhere.

I stayed at a friends that knew and helped nurse me back to health from a broken collarbone while Mrs. Bones and I started seeing one another. He is kind enough to take me to local watering holes to get my last bachelor look at tha wimmens. I behave, trounce his arse at darts (3 marks per round my last game in cricket). We head back home, drink until 2:30, and decide his wife will kill us if we are awake drinking when she gets up.

Early start, 9 am wedding. Bam, finito. Mrs. Bones looks ahight, I probably look like a boob but don’t care, and no hoity toity ceremony takes place. Less than 40 people, unique setting, close friends on my behalf because my family is a buncha lunatics, he slightly sane family. I manage to not screw up and get through my end of the vows. Brak manages to keep his mouth shut. Both of us are surprised, me more so because of his crytic comment of “nothing will happen we’ll all look back on and laugh at…”

Sumanbeecho! I know who will laugh three days later.

Reception is a brunch. Very pleasantly surprised nothing has gone wrong at this point. Setting is the Memorial Art Gallery in Rochester. Small restaurant in the Gallery is a perfect setting for a small group. Food is quite good. Kids are having fun. Nice place. Momma Iathouz made the wedding cake for me because she’s cool like that, even if she retired from cakes some years back. Best cake evar. Take a tour of the gallery (blown away by the size and content of the place, my town is actually kinda cool sometimes), gather things up, head home.

Grandma Bones in Law is watching lil girl and the farm for us. We throw things in the car, and head off to Niagara Falls for a one night honeymoon.

Yes, I’m that good, and that is all we had the time and money for.

Cruise in on a spectacular sunny October day. Sun, foliage is bursting. Life is just kickin azz right now. It is 4:45, we have a 5pm dinner reservation at the hotel overlooking the falls, followed by an hour long massage for Mrs. Bones at 7, then an hour for me at 8. I set all this up, I figure I done good. Good place, good food, good view, good timeline. Eat, chill out, massage for her, she can get a nap while I get a massage (oh would you stop chuckling at the word massage you freaks, it was just that), then we can head out and gamble, drink, and be merry.

There is a little plaque on the Rainbow Bridge to Canada in Niagara Falls that tells you when you cross the border.

My car dunt like Canada. It peed all over their bridge 200 yards later. It overheated, the blew radiator fluid ALL OVER the bridge about 100-200 yards before Customs.

*sigh*

Mrs. Bones starts lookin all misty. I hold it together. Couple of bridge traffic workers help me push the Jeep through customs. We push it off to the side and plan on calling AAA. This regrettably means we walk with our luggage and in our attire from the bridge to the Sheraton. Not too bad, a few looks but nothing major.

I ask the concierge at the desk of the hotel where I can have AAA take the Cherokee. “5 o’clock, on a Saturday? No where really”

Balls.

So, we aren’t going anywhere. I tell her we’ll eat, and I will call the service and get it squared away by the time she is done with her massage. I call AAA and they tell me they will call 10 minutes before they get to the vehicle so I may meet them.

I turn on the tube and am happy to see the 13th Warrior on. Cool. 45 minutes later the phone rings. “Mr. Smith, this is the front desk. I’m calling to tell you that the towing service canceled their call because they couldn’t get through to your room.”

“On the phone I am on Neil? *tap tap* The phone we’re talking on, that you called me on, that’s the phone they couldn’t reach me on? This one right here?”

“Yes Mr. Smith.”

“Neil, you realize that doesn’t make much sense, don’t you?”

*insert random explanation where different phone lines are able to override the phone being slightly off the receiver even if it looks like it is*

“So what you’re telling me is that it’s a crap shoot whether someone outside the hotel can reach me or not Neil?”

“Pretty much.”

I walked down from this view after calling the spa to have them tell Mrs. Bones to take my hour, I would be busy. I had no idea how busy.

Chapter II: Bones Loses His mind on the Hotel Staff” after the break.

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

bwahaha.. oh man, classic. Well at least in 50 years you’ll have this memory to look back on and smile. I can imagine you getting very snarky on the phone with this guy trying to shift the blame to you. There are ways to override a phone line and talk on it but I don’t know about forcing a ring.

I await chapter 2 good sir.

– mule

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

So I am forced, because of the issues with the phones, to walk down and wait, no matter how long, for the towtruck to arrive. I get doen there and stand by the Jeep. Customs guy comes out and I’ll be damned if it isn’t the same guy that helped me push the vehicle earlier.

This is the tip of the cap to Canada. Your hotels can pound sand, but that guy was cool.

So I am standing there, and he says “Know where it’s going to be taken?”

“Nope, no idea, and hotel couldn’t help.”

“I have a phone book, I’ll get some info for you.”

As he’s doing this, the flatbed comes around the corner. I wave, it flashes the lights at me, and pulls around the corner, presumably to turn around and come back. I was almost correct.

30 minutes later, I call AAA again. They tell me dude couldn’t figure out how to get to me, so he decided to cross the bridge to the FREAKING USA. So he could come back.

It is here where I point out the US dollar caused everyone, EVERYONE, to shop in the US of A that Saturday. They were all coming back when I was waiting. The line was long. 90 minutes long. I sat while that idiot driver sat in traffic with all the happy shoppers.

In the meantime, the Customs guy hooks me up with a place to have the vehicle sent. This is a gift, to be sure. Address, Phone Number, ya know, things the hotel MIGHT have been able to supply.

I get back and ask the boys at the front desk to find the manager. They get him, and I tell him in minute detail just exactly what has transpired thus far, including me missing valuable time with Mrs. Bones. I missed my spa massage. I got tagged for two tows. The whole can’t call in from the outside. He pulls me to the side and makes amends. Tells me he will give me a late checkout. He will give me enough points to count for half a days stay. Chocolate covered strawberries to the room.

I am slightly placated, and decide to get back to the room.

We get a call the next morning, the garage does not do repairs on Sundays. They will work on it Monday.

I a stuck an extra day in Canada.

So I go down, talk to the day manager in the morning, and get the late checkout and points turned into a free extra day. We decide to make the most of it, walk about town, drink, do a little gambling, eat, drink, and in general enjoy the nice sunny day.

As we were on some ungodly high up room, I told her to go back to the room ahead of me and I would take a picture of her from the ground below, from a nice park down there. She does so, waves, and I head up.

And am greeted by her at the door. Yes, more trouble.

For you see, while the manager knew we were staying another day, THE DAMN CLEANING CREW DID NOT. *breathes deep* Luckily the missus is a paranoid nutjob about cleaning, so all of our luggage was in the closet, but the names and numbers of the hotel staff I had been dealing with were GONE. The number for the garage was GONE. My toothbrush was GONE. All of my toiletries. Chocolates from the spa, GONE. Water bottles (no biggie? 5 bucks a shot it’s a biggie for me!) are GONE.

I flip. I get the poor guy I chewed out the night before. “Neil, let me ask you something. Is there going to be a guy in a ninja suit standing over me if I wake up at 3 am tonight? Why? BECAUSE THAT IS ALL THAT IS LEFT THAT COULD HAPPEN TO ME HERE! Neil, I need to know where my car is. I need to know where my stuff is. I need to know where my bill with all of my personal info is. And I need it quick Neil. REAL quick.”

The poor cleaning woman had to get our paperwork, coffee stained, from the garbage for us. I told he to keep the toiletries, I’d replace it from the hospitality basket.

So, next morning, Canadian Tire calls. Jeep has a bad thermostat, no big deal. Have it done by 11. Sweet. Wife and I go to breakfast, relax, plan on being home. We get back to the room, and there are 3 messages from the garage. CALL CALL CALL! So I call. Can’t fix it. Bad thermostat HOUSING as well. And it’s aluminum, can’t weld it. And it is American, and they have no American thermostat housings, JUST Canadian. *eye twitch* “Well, we’ll be back Saturday to get it, we gotta go dude.”

We check out, and look for a way to get home. We both can’t miss any more work. We find out ya can’t rent cars 1 way from the Canadian side of the border. Of course not! We can get a cab for 40 bucks to the US side. Then get a cab for 45 bucks to the car rental agency. Then rent a car for 90 bucks. Fine.

We walk across the bridge. So…. high….up. I is afeard of teh heights.

We then start looking for a cab on the US side, and I spot one. Dude in a mini van. We ask him if he can take us to this rental agency. He says he doesn’t know the area, he is from Rochester.

Finally, a break. *twitch*

After speaking with him, he is waiting for two hours on a fair, on the clock, but he is willing to get us to Rochester for $150.

“DEAL!” I know he can’t make it back to his fare in Niagara Falls, and I really don’t care.

He figures it out halfway there. He calls his brother, and asks him to meet us halfway. The brother comes, picks us up at a Thruway exit (guess it is a family business) and takes us home.

He nearly falls asleep 7 times on the expressway on the way home. I am forced to speak loudly, jingle my keys to make noise, anything to keep him awake. But we get home. Sweet, BLESSED home.

And that was the story, kind of, of my honeymoon. Until today, for you see, I waited to post the rest because I knew something else would transpire. And it did. I got an e-mail from the wife. They double charged us for the hotel. So I would kindly like to tell Canada, while your border guys are pretty dang cool, your hotels suck. Suck it big time.

muddy
    • Markshire PCs:

Dude in a mini van? Cayle?

Want to go on a fishing trip to Kansas with me next summer? Between the two of us just THINK about what could go wrong.

Opinvu
    • Markshire PCs:

LOL! You shoulda mentioned this before hand. Opi here was in the Hotel industry for a while, been to Canada and had similar experiance. I coulda Warned ya.

I used to be a Bellman, FrontDesk cresorvationist, Night Auditer of a 4 star in Seattle downtown… Knowing the buisness didn’t help the process.

You can’t use a Canadian thermastat on an American sold car, they use Celcius, not Feranheit. Plus, they are closer to the North pole.

s-m-r
    • Markshire PCs:

Well at least you and the better half made it back in one piece. 🙂

Next time I go to Canada, it’ll be a one way trip, I guarantee it.

Monty
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

Well, a 160 degree thermostat (a standard temp) would be 71 degrees Celsius, so I don’t see the problem there, unless it didn’t physically fit into the housing.
    As fo the rest, the hotel industry SUCKS. I have traveled for 25 years, and it never gets any better. My advice is complain loud and long to the manager (which you did) and then follow up with a letter to the corporate headquarters. It’s a pain, and I understand that you might not want to get the manager in trouble, but until you get above the hotel’s level, you won’t get very far. It’s amazing how a letter like that can get a response and a resolution (or not, depending on the chain).
    You would have prolly done better to get a cab from the US side to an auto parts store and bought the $10 part yourself, and transported it back to the mechanic. Oh, and BTW, you probably could have driven the car WITHOUT the thermostat, the engine just would have run crappy because it would run too cold. But it would have gotten you home.
    Breaking down on a weekend is tough, because there is little you can do, and everything is closed. But let me know how much this mechanic charged you for doing this, because it sounds like he was yanking your chain pretty good.

M3C

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

I second the fishing trip with muddy idea. I eagerly look forward to that tale.

As to the rest, well it sucks your weekend was rained upon but at least you guys made it back in one piece. Though reparations should be made to some extent, honeymoons are supposed to be relaxing.

– mule

Viewing 27 posts - 31 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.