Sevron [Corgano]

Home Forums DM Forums PC Storylines Sevron [Corgano]

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    s-m-r
    • Markshire PCs:

This character is currently a CN Fighter 6/Cleric 6.

I set up a situation where he found a winding ice cave in an alcove below the Ogre Fortress. Inside was a long-neglected shrine to Magni and Modi. After a successful Lore check, he learned that a devotee to these gods must travel to the highest peak of the Cona Mountains that overlooks a waterfall, and strike the ground three times will shouting oaths to Magni, Modi, and Thor.

Sevron did so, and an avatar of the gods (a Huge Radiant Elemental) appeared, complimenting him on his devotion to the ancient, forgotten ritual. Upon offering Sevron a gift, the fighter/cleric requested he face a greater challenge. The avatar directed him to the plateau at the side of the waterfall.

There, he met a buffed Huge Ash Elemental, and it was a close fight, but he was subdued. When questioned by the avatar as to the cause of his failure, he mentioned that he attempted to successfully complete his challenge without healing himself. The avatar was pleased, and so invited Sevron back for another challenge “in a fortnight.”

Corgano and I have scheduled an event to take place Sunday, 4th November, at 4pm ET. There, he’ll face another elemental again, buffed as before. If/when successful, he’ll be rewarded with something (see below). If he fails once more, he’ll be scoffed and forgotten by the avatar, and further entreaties to these gods will remain ignored.

Since Sevron is one of the few PCs who has indulged the Exotic weapons feat, I wanted to reward him with a special exotic weapon. Looking through the pre-made lists of weapons already in game, I found one called the Bloodstone Double Axe, which is essentially a +2 double axe with Regeneration +1 ability. I think this is a fitting reward, and it’s in line with his current weapon (Blade of the Gladiator).

Any thoughts?

And if anyone wants to jump in on the event that Sunday, just say the word and show up a little beforehand, and I’ll catch you up to date.

This was a lot of fun to set up, and he really enjoyed it! 😀

s-m-r
    • Markshire PCs:

This event has been moved to Sunday, 11th November, 1pm Eastern.

s-m-r
    • Markshire PCs:

This event will happen on Sunday, 18th November, 3pm Eastern. If any DMs can join in, I’ll be starting at about 2pm to organize everything.

Sevron is somewhere close to CL 15, and the challenge will be matching that. Vlan, if your event happens around the same time, there may be some way you and I can tie things together. I’m thinking I can kill off the Fjandi that’s running around if we team up two or more higer-level PCs. I can ‘port Sevron to the location where your event is located, they can mingle a bit, then the Fjandi can arrive on the scene.

That’s one possible scenario. If you have any ideas, write about it somewhere and we can brainstorm.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.