sleep deprivation

Home Forums Admin Only THE GUYS sleep deprivation

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  mule October 31, 2008 at 9:48 pm.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

muddy
    • Markshire PCs:

Yeah, I last time I woke up was 11 am… yesterday morning… that’s pushing 48 hours.

Granted, not all of the awake time is because there is lack of time to lay down. We had a scare yesterday that kept me up all night worrying but the CT scan found nothing to be worried about and the wife is now doing fine. Nothing will strike fear like the thought of severe infection and the implications of a second major abdominal surgery in just two days.

ANYWAY… the girls are here! We arrived at the hospital at about 0845 and by 0930 Bridget was whisked away to the operating room for some prep work. I hung out while they got her ready and finally at 10 am on the 24th I was brought into the OR. At 1001 I sat down behind the blue drape as the surgeon prepared for the cesarean section. This lady is amazing, by 1009 Abigail Marie came out and at 1010 Olivia Karen followed. Abigail did fine and was brought down to our maternity room immediately. Olivia spent some time in the NICU (neonatal intensive care unit) for breathing difficulties but after a few days was discharged into our capable hands. The surgery scare was yesterday and today but now we’re back into a rhythm and hopefully we go home tomorrow.

My mom is helping B out and I am here drinking beer and relaxing after running with the ball for nearly 48 hours. I must pat my own back, the nurses, doctors, as well as my mom and wife were stupid impressed with my maternal instincts. It earned me one free night with alcohol and the TV. Tomorrow the house will never be the same. 🙂

Abigail weighed 6 lb 2 oz
    Olivia weighed 6 lb 3 oz
    Wife started at 135 lb and ended up at 182 lb. She was measuring 51 weeks pregnant (on the singleton score) and was 50 inches around at her waist. That’s effing big.

Amusing facts… one of the doctors that helped in the surgery had the name of Bonebreak… Dr Bonebreak. One of our nurses was named Nurse Doom, though she was one of the most pleasant and helpful ladies ever.

I am now tired and will retire to my bed with a book. See ya when I see ya.

s-m-r
    • Markshire PCs:

*applauds Muddy & the wife*

You’ve earned the respite. Just you wait until all four of you can clamber into the same bed together. 🙂

I’m wishing you all the best, Muddy!

Monty
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

This is sooooo weird…. He posted Monday, but it just showed up today. Could the Great Thrym have had a hand in this?

Anyway….. WOOHOO!! Congrats, Muddy and Bridget!! You had a long, tough road, but I’m sure you’ll agree it was worth it. I am so happy for you two (now four)! Get back to us when you wake up, and tell us what you really did – not much, I’ll bet, except run around like a headless chicken…. 😉 You know the wife did most of the work!

Again, congratulations, and good for you!

M3C

Thrym
    Thrym
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs: Grottle, Gruzk, Ashimar

Congratulations MUDDY!!!

Welcome to Fatherhood.

2 years of crying and then 16 years of back talk and crying.

Sleep is now a thing of the past.

Again, I say, Welcome!

I saw this Tuesday morning but have been a bit stupid busy so I apologize for my delayed reaction.

muddy
    • Markshire PCs:

I just figured any delayed reactions were because I’ve been so non existent you all had forgotten who I was.

Monty
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

Hey – you owe us devoted fans pictures! C’mon, get out the old digital camera and make like the normal snap-happy dad….. 🙂

M3C

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

Congratulations Muddy! that’s great news… glad to hear everyone is doing well. Dr. Bonebreak and Nurse Doom seem appropriate attendees at your kids birth. It bodes well for your future 😈

– mule

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.