Starkadder [Vlan2k]

Home Forums DM Forums PC Storylines Starkadder [Vlan2k]

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

Listing of events and notes.

Character has strong ties towards past mercenary company. Has very loyal bond to the memory of the unit.

As such, he has been visited by the visage of his old Captain and asked to help bring the boys lost in the unit to peace. He was given the standard of the company, or an image of it, to hold. I plan on having him locate the companies remains near Arik sometime in the future, along with the standard, which will be a flag that casts things like bless, battletide, etc for a troop rallying effect.

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

he met a crazy old beggar who claimed he could sense that Stark had been around his sword. He then demanded the sword back and got beligerent about it. He pretty much clued in stark that it was a powerful flaming blade. When he attacked stark he pretended to be wielding a sword and was an excellent swordsman, stark knocked him out cold. When the man came to he was nice and polite and remembered nothing but that he was looking for something…and didn’t remember his encounter with stark.

What I was trying to start up was something between Stark and Vir. In fact this man was either Loki or an agent of Loki trying to stir up trouble between the two. At least these were my thoughts on the matter.

– mule

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

Updates on Stark.

I am running a small series of events to upgrade his crossbow. This will take place every few levels. He recently retreived his dead captains body from the desert and got a good amount of gear for it. He does not need items for some time to come.

Expendables such as kits, money, scrolls, traps, etc are enough. Small items such as bolts would be nice as well.

He now is seeking to obtain the rights to his companies old headquarters in Stonemark that were obtained via shady means when his company was lost in the desert.

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

Updates on Stark.

I am running a small series of events to upgrade his crossbow. This will take place every few levels. He recently retreived his dead captains body from the desert and got a good amount of gear for it. He does not need items for some time to come.

Expendables such as kits, money, scrolls, traps, etc are enough. Small items such as bolts would be nice as well.

He now is seeking to obtain the rights to his companies old headquarters in Stonemark that were obtained via shady means when his company was lost in the desert.

@vlan2k wrote:

Starkadder VERY carefully removes the tax document from its hiding spot in the banner. He then travels to Stonemark, to the records offices.
    ****Stark is EXTREMELY polite and cordial to all staff, “tipping” heavily, but very discretely. He identifies himself as an adventurer interested in purchasing a building to open a store. He gives his name as Starkadder. ******
    First thing he does is find a clerk that he can ‘talk’ to. He then proceeds to ‘grease his/her palm’ looking for any information concerning the former Company HQ. The goal is to find out:
    1) how the current occupent got the deed
    2) how much he paid
    3) who authorized the purchase
    4) what happened to the contents of the property

Once he finds the person responsible, he’ll try to get in to see them. If he has to make an appointment he will.

When he gets in to talk to the person responsible he presents the tax document and demands the deed to the property be transferred to his name, as the last survivor of the Company. He will then try to cajole, browbeat, and finally bribe any important information he can outta the guy. When he has the deed he’ll leave telling the guy that no one will hear of this little incident…. if he continues to send Stark interesting bits of news he might hear, and he NEVER mention anything about what happened to ANYONE.

Stark then goes to the property and has a talk with the current occupent. He has a deal for him:
    He’ll continue to run his business out of the building occupying the main floor. Stark and his people will provide security for the shop and will trade first with him.

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

Updates on Stark.

@vlan2k wrote:

Starkadder VERY carefully removes the tax document from its hiding spot in the banner. He then travels to Stonemark, to the records offices.
    ****Stark is EXTREMELY polite and cordial to all staff, “tipping” heavily, but very discretely. He identifies himself as an adventurer interested in purchasing a building to open a store. He gives his name as Starkadder. ******
    First thing he does is find a clerk that he can ‘talk’ to. He then proceeds to ‘grease his/her palm’ looking for any information concerning the former Company HQ. The goal is to find out:
    1) how the current occupent got the deed
    2) how much he paid
    3) who authorized the purchase
    4) what happened to the contents of the property

Once he finds the person responsible, he’ll try to get in to see them. If he has to make an appointment he will.

When he gets in to talk to the person responsible he presents the tax document and demands the deed to the property be transferred to his name, as the last survivor of the Company. He will then try to cajole, browbeat, and finally bribe any important information he can outta the guy. When he has the deed he’ll leave telling the guy that no one will hear of this little incident…. if he continues to send Stark interesting bits of news he might hear, and he NEVER mention anything about what happened to ANYONE.

Stark then goes to the property and has a talk with the current occupent. He has a deal for him:
    He’ll continue to run his business out of the building occupying the main floor. Stark and his people will provide security for the shop and will trade first with him.

He has gotten info that the current owner is ensconced by paying back taxes and has a firm grip on the building. The taxes being backed up are somewhat shady. Stark has a document in his standard stating the taxes were paid in full for 5 years. He has just forgotten.

@vlan2k wrote:

Starkadder travels around the different Guard watering holse in Stonemark. He sits and listens, buys some drinks, listens to stories, tells some of his own. Stears the conversations in the direction of “too much beaurocacy and politics to get things accomplished”.
    He also listens to hear who the Guard officers think of as a “standup guy”.

He wants to set up a subtle group that answers to no one but his own ideals for justice. A non official setup. He has winced at the word “VIGILANTE” but I think it fits.

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

Said group is started. A common looking man named Nalen has established a building near the Everspring Inn for Stark. He is to now clean it up before he can move forward.

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

Can someone please reskin a suit of Pellyte Strongarm for Stark. Since I rebuilt my machine I can’t get into the NWN toolset to open my module. He is looking for something that is cobbled together, peicemeal armor, but looks cool not junky.

Thanks!

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

Let me see if I have any of that in my builder, or if I can get into it.

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

Basically just +1 to Str

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

+1 str +1 ac.. i did a screenshot of it. I made it, you want the erf?

– mule

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

I can’t do anything with the erf, as I can’t get it into my toolset. If it could get to Stark in game that would be great. Tanx muler.

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

ok well he can read this forum so he should let me know when he wants to pick it up 😛

Oh I sent you the erf too, you could distribute it to anyone else who can get ahold of Vlan … even vlan.

– mule

vlan2k
    • Markshire PCs:

LOL!!! Thanks guys! Thom taught me how to make items and bring them IG using my DM character. If I’d known it was going to be such trouble, I’d have done it myself.

Thanks again, guys!

Mule, let me know when you’re gonna be IG and I’ll be there.

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

I can be IG anytime after 9pm weekdays. Well maybe not tomorrow. I plan on working late then but any of the other weekdays. What’s good for you?

– mule

vlan2k
    • Markshire PCs:

How about….. now? 😀

Actually, Tuesday around 9:30-10:00 will work. I’m trying to get the Players ramped up for an event… so I’ll be in.

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

ok I’ll pass it on then. You can IM me to remind me too because as some people know i’m forgetfull. If you need my IM (can’t remember if you have it) just ask.

– mule

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

*cough* I was there, I had a nice chat with Aelswith for quite some time before I gave up. Thanks to T you should have my IM now. I’ll be home sometime late.. not sure when. Hopefully i’ll be able to get into game as a DM … I tried yesterday but had no luck choosing the right button combination to get my menu to appear. I hate this bug… soooo much.

– mule

vlan2k
    • Markshire PCs:

I logged in as soon as I got my daughter down for bed… around 10 or so. *shrugs* I’ll hopefully catch up with you tonight.

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

hrmm I must have just missed you. I logged out around the same time. Had a fun time on Team fortress 2 too … Just IM me when you want to transfer the stuff.

– mule

vlan2k
    • Markshire PCs:

We’re even then…. ’cause I waited ’till about 11:30 for you to ‘brb’…. *shrugs*

I’ll be IG tonight about 10.

vlan2k
    • Markshire PCs:

KUDOS TO MULE!!!!

He created a GREAT interpretation of the Pellyte Strong Arm armor for Stark. I tweaked it SLIGHTLY, but all-in-all, it’s fantastic as is.

I’ll post a screenshot when I get a chance tonight.

Sorry for the confusion Opi. I was going to explain everything but my DM char crashed on me as I was turning to talk to you guys. I thought Mule explained everything while I was getting Stark…. but I guess that’s why they made up the adage about “assume”.

Opinvu
    • Markshire PCs:

No worries, Just being a watch dog, since BTP isn’t so much.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.