Thank you, Philadelphia Eagles.

Home Forums Discussion Forums Makes you go, Hmmmm? Thank you, Philadelphia Eagles.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

Thank you for doing what I have been screaming for all season.

* Thank you for actually pressuring Brady. He is human. He bounced and missed several passes after he was put on his AZZ several times. He doesn’t like it. WOW!

* Thank you for covering Moss by actually standing NEXT TO HIM at the line of scrimmage. See, it’s a novel concept, but it’s harder for him to run quick slants with jam coverage. Being 20 yards back makes it easy. See, it’s a novel concept to run with him and play OVER with the safety, but it’s harder for him to run outs and ins with someone STANDING NEXT TO HIM.

* Thank you for shutting up everyone on New England about the messiah of Belicheat. He got challenged last night by the Cheesesteak. Nice to see.

Harken back to the days of the Run and Shoot good people. For there was a time when passing with so many wide open schemes was the rage. It started in Houston. But a little team in Pittsburgh decided that it would make Warren Moon pay for his passing prowess by hitting him. Linebackers, Safeties, Corners. You don’t want to protect the quarterback? That’s too bad. Cause he WILL start flinching, he WILL start paying more attention to the rush and less to his corp of stellar wideouts. And in time his health and the production of the offense will fail. This was how the scheme was drummed out before. It will happen again.

Thank you Eagles, thank you one and all. They are human, they CAN be beat, but you have to go out there TO beat them, not hoping to.

Brak
    • Markshire PCs:

Way to go Vito, Eric Allen woulda been proud. It only took 10 games for someone to figuire it out with the freak.

I do love me some Jim Johnson defense this morning as well. I wondered if he would go for all out blitz with his current line-up.

People need to get off Cheesesteaks back, he can still coach. He never showed a trace of panic or backed down. It ain’t easy trying to keep both his houses in order.

Have to say I enjoyed that game a great deal. Punch ’em in the mouth and go down swinging.

Monty
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

But I thought NE won?

M3C

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

They did. But not by the 24 points they were supposed to. After hearing about the unstoppable machine all season it was nice to see an “average” team put it to them. While the Patriots won, they knew they had been in a scrap last night. And Brady has to wash his jersey for the first time this year.

Monty
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

Ok, I agree they scared NE good, but 11-0…… Miami gotta be sweating now.

M3C

BTW, see NOW it’s football season, and time to talk about football, not baseball. 😀

M3C

Lt. Tyler
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

This was definitely a fun game to watch! In some ways it reminded me of watching the Patriots last year, where they won a lot of games but generally didn’t look very good.

Still, give credit to Cheesesteak. He outcoached the Hoodie in this game IMO. I feel bad for the guy and the situation he finds himself in.

Now, what do we take away from this game? I have to disagree with all the mouth breathers on local sports radio around here who say that this is not a blue print, and are crowing about the win. I think that’s wrong. Philly had a great game plan for both sides of the ball, and executed very well.

Against the offense, you gotta bring heat and jam the Phreak. That seemed obvious before, but I honestly don’t know how applicable it will be to other teams. Will the Pats continue to use 4 wide outs? I honestly don’t know what Bill was thinking with that one, and I haven’t yet heard from anyone who does. So I would expect to see other teams try this a bit more aggressively, as Philly’s success helps take the aura off the Pats a little. The question will be whether those other teams have success with it, or whether they quickly get burned by their aggressiveness.

Against the defense, you have to attack the secondary, which is frankly weak in coverage. I have a feeling the in routes the Eagles used will show up early and often amongst our next opponents. Luckily, Kyle Boller is one of them.

Overall, I really don’t know what to take away from this. I don’t understand the 4 wide out set game plan. I’m a little worried about the running game. How much of Philly’s defensive approach be applied by other teams? Was the Pats defense having a bad day or were these systemic flaws that can be exploited? And overall, don’t blame Hoodie or the Pats for the rest of the NFL playing them like p*ssies.

Still counting down to Dec. 9th. At least we wont be playing in a bog Bonesy.

BoostNJuice
    • Markshire PCs:

@Lt. Tyler wrote:

Still counting down to Dec. 9th. At least we wont be playing in a bog Bonesy.

It was more like a rice paddy…. 😆

G_kinkaid
    • Markshire PCs:

This “blueprint” includes recovering an onside kick and having the zebras catch and actually call Moss for offensive PI (which wiped out a TD followed up with a missed chipshot fg) . Those events are about as repeatable as the Samuel pick 6 though, so that’s almost a wash. I don’t know that many other teams have the secondary and testicular fortitude to double Moss and not get utterly destroyed by the other guys (330 yards and a TD to “the other guys” isn’t exactly shutting down, it’s not really in the realm of containing)

If ya take a look at both of their close games this year, it’s the NE defense that’s getting it done with big turnovers when the opposing teams have their hand deep in the cookie jar. Sack/fumble vs Indy and an int this past week.

Mad props to the Iggles for showing up and playing ball with their backup under center, that’s not something to take for granted, see Carr and friends in Carolina… actually just take my word for it and spare yourselves 🙂

Unless something odd happens to the Pats between now and the playoffs… we might be seeing another big helping of Manning face at the Pats place in the AFCCG. I know everyone loves some Manning face.

no wait.. you can’t see it there

Ahhh, there we go, and for another good dose
    [img][650:450]http://www.manningface.com/images/1195536251_peyton.jpg[/img]

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

boooo your manning face pics are broke…

…. a certain someone must still be mad because he hasn’t posted anything in the thread yet. Yeah i’m looking at the italian guy.

– mule

muddy
    • Markshire PCs:

i had to right click and “view image” to see ’em.

i second the boo but only half heartedly because i think i somehow did something computer savvy where mule didn’t.

i’m like, crafty, or something.

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

Did you do this crafty thing on a Dell by any chance? That might explain it.

muddy
    • Markshire PCs:

Of course I did it on a Dell, foo

I think I’m gaining power from my new avatar… at least it makes me chuckle almost as much as the stick figure beating himself bloody on a keyboard that was oh so me.

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

Lol, yeah you did. I was so interested in needling G a little bit it slipped my mind to do that.

And BTP, I know where you live 😈

– mule

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

Not if you stored the directions on that monster of yours you don’t!

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

😛 no, something like that would be in my email, and that’s online storage available from anywhere I have access to the internets.

– mule

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

Thank you, Dick Lebeau, for screwing up the game plan. What an ass. I could have called a better game. Didn’t the last couple or weeks teach you anything?

OVERLOAD BLITZ. The ravens did this. Don’t line up over their offensive linemen. If Brady is 5 wide, put 4 guys on one side of his line. THEY CAN’T MOVE. THEY ARE STUCK THERE.

TIGHT COVERAGE. WTF. I mean seriously, WTF. You play the DBs 15 yards off. And when they get pressure on Brady, it’s a quick zing on a slant or 5 yard out. BECAUSE ALL OF YOUR GUYS ARE STANDING 20 YARDS AWAY. IF YOU ARE IN PRESS MAN COVERAGE, THEY CAN’T THROW THOSE B.S. BUBBLE SCREENS, HOT READS, AND SCHOOL YARD FLEA-FRICKING FLICKERS.

ANTHONY SMITH. Dick, ya think maybe you shoulda told big mouth “DON’T BE MADE AN EXAMPLE OF. PLAY DEEP. YOU ARE THE SAFETY.” What an ass.

GETTING CUTE. You have a power back, you know, the one you trusted on 4th down a couple of times, and he came through? WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU RUN NOT ONE BUT TWO G.D. WIDE RECEIVER INSIDE RUNS? 4th down on the 1?!?!?!? Ass. (This one is for you Tomlin) Or pass action-playaction-get splatted by the nose tackle cute?! (Here too Tomlin, ass.) You know what other folks did to New England? They punched em in the mouth. I am ashamed to say the Squealers were afraid to do this.

WTF

Lt. Tyler
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

Well I liked the game plan. 😉

Oh yeah….nevermind.

Still loving my fattae in the middle on D. That bull rush down the middle for the sack was a good time.

Brak
    • Markshire PCs:

The WR inside runs were particularly bizzare.

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

😥

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.