The Dark Knight

Home Forums Discussion Forums Makes you go, Hmmmm? The Dark Knight

This topic contains 16 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  mule August 3, 2008 at 6:38 pm.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

muddy
    • Markshire PCs:

Dark, creepy, and phenomenal.

I was very sad half way through the movie knowing that the Joker will not return. Sure they may bring him back, but it won’t be Heath Ledger and his portrayal of the joker MADE the movie what it is.

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

Same thoughts myself.

muddy
    • Markshire PCs:

@beyondthepale wrote:

Same thoughts myself.

When the planets align like that then you know it’s something really special, or else really scary.

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

Yeah I saw it last night.

*SPOILER ALERT DO NOT READ PAST HERE*

the very fact that the joker doesn’t die makes it that much more agonizing because we could have seen a reprisal of the role; albeit Heath would have had a hell of a time topping his portrayal in that movie.

The joker carried that movie, I didn’t even really feel it was a movie about batman but more about the joker. Great movie though.

– mule

G_kinkaid
    • Markshire PCs:

Saw it a couple days ago, 30 minutes after finishing Batman Begins. For whatever reason I didn’t really have the urge to see either before last week.

Ledger was awesome, I gotta give mad credit to the filmmakers too. How are they gonna top this one?

G_kinkaid
    • Markshire PCs:

I hear Phillip Rivers is in consideration for the next flick.

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

phillip rivers? As what villain though?

– mule

Valgrimm
    • Markshire PCs:

I also thought two face was great. He looked fantastic, much better than that silly mask that Tommy Lee Jones wore in Batman Forever. I never did like the new Batmobile, and the stupid batcycle was even worse. Heath was money, he gave a new creepy edge to the Joker, which I really enjoyed watching. He would be the biggest star in the world if he hadn’t eaten all those pills.

I was really pleased that..
    ***SPOILER ALERT***
    …they killed off the poor man’s Katy Holmes. It’s too bad the Joker couldn’t kill the actual Katy Holmes and Tom Cruise.

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

*******Just don’t bother reading this if you haven’t seen it********

yeah that’s true val but I and some friends have a suspicion she’ll be back as a villain. Who knows. I seriously still wonder where they can go with the franchise with two-face dead. I did enjoy the brief time he was on screen, he was perfect too really and how the joker turned him fully to what he was, that was awesome.

But this movie will go down as one of the only time’s i’ve ever thought the movie antagonist was more of a driving force than the protagonist. Honestly did batman do much at all the whole movie?

– mule

Monty
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

***Oh, everyone’s already seen it, so who cares about spoilers??***

Was babysitting my brother-in-law’s kids this weekend and they wanted to see it, so we went. It’s interesting and pretty well made. Also long, complicated, a bit silly, and LOUD. I kept thinking if I was the cop standing there watching the Joker, he’d be dead in about 2 seconds flat. And what did he do, wire the whole damn city with C4??
    This movie demonstrates exactly why the police do not negotiate with terrorists – you end up a hostage yourself. I actually was getting bored, waiting for them to come up with some tactic for stopping the Joker, but he was 12 steps ahead of them the entire time…… A bit silly, as I mentioned.
    The production and the scenes were excellent. Heath Ledger’s performance was creepy, and my wife commented that perhaps this movie helped on his way to his overdose. An Oscar for his last (or next to last, there was another film that claims to be his last) performance would not be out of line, IMO.
    BTW, am I nuts, or was there no opening credits to the movie? We were watching the previews, and then we were watching the movie. We thought it was another preview at first. I asked my wife and the kids afterward, and none of us thought we saw opening credits….. Interesting film technique, if true.

M3C

Valgrimm
    • Markshire PCs:

There are many different directions another batman movie could take. First would be to reestablish the batcave and wayne manor. They haven’t made over a 1,500 batman comics without different perspectives and story lines. As for good bad guys out there, you still have the penguin, clayface, killer croc, mr freeze, poison ivy, hush, deadshot, the mad hatter (one of my favs), and of course rhas al ghul (he is immortal after all). I would also like to point out that while they showed gordon’s family and featured his son, they never showed his daughter’s face. His daughter (in some versoins his step daughter or neice) is batgirl. Because these are darker movies that depict batmans early career they won’t get into the whole kid side kick story lines. Obviously any new movie would have to deal with batman being hunted by the police, as that’s how the plot left us.

Besides the next time anyone sees batman in a movie it will be in the Justice League flic.

domf
    • Markshire PCs:

they have catwoman too..

i thought it was good…and the fact that the batcycle was part of the bat mobile was pretty realistic. I thought they did a really good job keeping it with the story line of the comics..

they had to kill off the girls…they dont belong in the story

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

I don’t know if I take umbrage with him being 12 steps ahead of the cops. That’s the whole point of the Joker, he’s smart and insane. Police aren’t known for their forethought, they follow procedures that are set up to ensure the public’s interest and safety but if one can make some predictions on how they’ll react you can probably outsmart them. When did they negotiate with the joker anyway? As I recall it was pretty much he kills people, causes havok, gets arrested and beaten up, blows up jail to get out, causes more havok, blows up the woman and Dent, sets explosives on boats, goes to tower with hostages, gets beaten up. I don’t recall too much “negotiation” there.

Oh rumor on the street is they’ll reprise The Riddler with Depp playing the role. But that’s just a rumor. They could also bring back maggie as Catwoman but that’s just a personal guess.

– mule

Valgrimm
    • Markshire PCs:

If they’re bringing Johnny Depp on board, let’s pray they don’t involved his buddy Tim Burton.

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

one can hope… I don’t recall who directed or wrote the last two movies but were they the same people or different ones?

– mule

muddy
    • Markshire PCs:

This is pure speculation and assumption but I think that both of the newest Batman movies were by the same director/producer, the sure felt and looked like it at least.

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

heh ok just to end the speculation I looked it up on IMDB.

Looks like Christopher Nolan directed both movies. Hence the similar feel. There was a different set of writers on Batman Begins but for Dark Knight it was Christopher Nolan and his brother Jonathan Nolan who wrote it.

Well that’s why there seems to be consistency, the director is the same. Lets hope they keep it that way.

– mule

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.