The Grippli Blight: Friday March 7th, 8pm EST

Home Forums Discussion Forums Out of Game The Grippli Blight: Friday March 7th, 8pm EST

Viewing 30 posts - 121 through 150 (of 190 total)
  • Author
    SpymasterGend
    • Markshire PCs:

Valgrimm:

If we’re still on for Friday, do you want a recap after, either here or via PM, for Port’s bio-epic?

Gend

SpymasterGend
    • Markshire PCs:

Opi–do we need you to deliver axes to the Thane? Or is there a drop-off chest/barrel we might use? Temple charity drop-off you can check via logs or other? Just trying to free up your time if we can for the brilliant rather than the mundane.

Oh, and first set is due in two days real-time? And per real-day thereafter? We’ll bring a bunch when we do, but it’d help to know how long we’ve bought for Frank.

Thanks as always,

Gend

Portales
    • Markshire PCs:

I’de prefer to get the story in game that way port can put his own spin on it.

Opinvu
    • Markshire PCs:

I can, and I will be watching.

Two days real time. Which puts the deadline tomorrow at tthis time. 5 pm. ( -8 )

SpymasterGend
    • Markshire PCs:

Bel, Kel and Sun made Zairat delivery late last night (around 11edt?). Can repeat tonight per your timing.

Gend

Opinvu
    • Markshire PCs:

I shall be there. Right now in fact.

Voran Falcona
    • Markshire PCs:

Sorry all, but I won’t be able to make it tonight. 🙁 Hope you have fun saving the world, regardless!

Valgrimm
    • Markshire PCs:

I would have been better off staying home and playing nwn. I went to the Nationals new stadium….blah it was like watching a minor leage game for 3 times the price. I wasn’t overly impressed.

Opinvu
    • Markshire PCs:

Well, Episode 8 is complete. Episode 9 scheduled for this next coming Friday. I wont say it was a flawless completion, but as complete as bes they could.

Episode 9 ‘Raising Arik’

A week late but a few dollars richer, and I was hoping more could attend the Arik trip anyways. There is safety in numbers. Why do you think the slavers travel in large packs? Cause they know Opi wont attack if there is more than six.

Valgrimm
    • Markshire PCs:

this friday is good for me, port will be there

SpymasterGend
    • Markshire PCs:

Opi: my recollection is that the Pellytes are satisfied through this Friday’s episode. To extend further, Sun-Ok can do a delivery Thursday *checks clock, curses* night at 9 edt give or take, or we can do post-episode Friday. Saturday very iffy; can anybody else handle if I can’t make it work?

All: As a relative newcomer I stay silent on topics current elsewhere. However, readers of other posts will note that Sun-Ok is a firm believer in reincarnation, in the soul’s ability to take new life and new form while carrying its past with it.

That said, Opi’s reply here, which ought to arrive promptly as always, should constitute a concrete indication of when there will be at least some activity–plus a great DM–on the server. There will most likely be a little, lone, vulnerable, semi-naive, weighted-down-with-axes, foreign elf-girl wandering around in-game, trying to buy time for the grippli trade agreements with the Pellytes. Oh, and she has a killer dress for meeting the Thane. And will probably be attacked by numerous Cyclops. Or bugs. Or oxen. Or worse, even.

If your characters appear to be without motivation, presumably something in there would provide it: greed, politics, economy, altruism, racism, voyeurism, what have you. In terms of how such knowledge reached your characters, I can only say that the Thane has a lot of guards, and that Sun-Ok believes that off-duty they drink prodigiously while gambling on dog-fights: not good candidates for security clearances. Not that the grippli “team” is particularly guarded in its discussions, anyway. If you do seek to hinder her–be warned. She can have a very sharp tongue, and might curse you like a sailor. Or a tailor. Assuming you can find her.

Cheers,

Gend

SpymasterGend
    • Markshire PCs:

[in-char, sort of]

A little, hooded elf-girl wakes, disoriented, to find her clothes saturated with smoke from a hot, blazing incinerator nearby, a burning sign only slightly further away, and the crackling wings of the demonic barkeep before her. Her thighs and back are sore from the hard stone seat where she slept, either for days or merely hours, she cannot tell.

“What did you put in my drink?” she asks Versoa.

“HA! You didn’t even touch it!” The bartender’s laugh is 2 parts snort, 3 parts howl, and 1 part something that resembles egg whites emerging from his nostrils. “Some people came by, though, looking for you, tried to wake you.”

“Oh?” The girl checks her coin purse and wonders briefly at the foul magic that kept her asleep through all of that. But only briefly–she has a short attention span at times. “Really? Who?”

Versoa shows many teeth, which she takes to be a grin. “Didn’t exactly exchange calling-cards did we? One of ’em–big human fighter–she filled up the spittoon a couple times waitin’ for ya. Other was a half-elf girl, pretty, delectable voicebox.” The bartender drools slightly as he recalls the throat in question.

“What did they say?”

“Bloody hell, girl, I’m a barkeep not a message board. Go find ’em yerself.”

She stands awkwardly, stiff. “No one from Thane Gash of Zairat?”

“HA!” Heavier on the egg whites this time. “I wish! Like damned ladies’ night in here. Now, if you three could attract some menfolk, then….” The bartender trailed off, uncertain perhaps. “Well, maybe then I could give ya a moderate discount on yer drinks.”

She stretches, and her stomach rumbles. She was definitely NOT going to eat here. Perhaps she’d make a blackberry pie.

“Well, gotta go to work–have to grind some axes and such. See ya around, Versoa, probably later tonight.”

Gend

Opinvu
    • Markshire PCs:

Episode 10 ‘Arik part Dues’

The big 1 0. Will not be aired as scheduled. Due to Vacation plans changing, it shall air the followoing Friday, May 30, 2008.

I shall be gone from sight and city for 8 days in the Olympic Pennensula Rain Forests. Headed to the Enchanted Valley on the SW slope of the MT. Olympus. Hope to find bigfoot and possibly Mule’s good twin.

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

I am the good twin. 😛

Have fun on the vacation

– mule

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

stupid double post bug

///ignore this////

Voran Falcona
    • Markshire PCs:

I think that ridiculous spawn of Alhoons at the beginning set the tone for the rest of the night. It was a difficult quest. And I think Voran has a new arch enemy: electrical traps.

Anyone want to fill me in with what happened after I left? Or after Aelswith left, for her benefit? Or after Brind left, since he was the first?

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

*remembers ridiculous spawns of Alhouns fondly*

Ahh Arik, ain’t she a beaut?

– mule

Corgano
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

@Voran Falcona wrote:

Anyone want to fill me in with what happened after I left? Or after Aelswith left, for her benefit? Or after Brind left, since he was the first?

See Port’s Bio… it’s actually fairly accurate! 😯

Valgrimm
    • Markshire PCs:

See Port’s Bio… it’s actually fairly accurate

Are you implying that it usually isn’t?

Voran Falcona
    • Markshire PCs:

He’s probably implying that since the person (used loosely) recounting the events is Portales, we’d expect him to tell it his own way, with his own biases. And he does, but he still sticks to the facts. Good for him in that regard. Next round of drinks are on him!

Corgano
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

Exactly what Voran said. Usually there is a certain Portales twist that shows itself, but the facts are there. Luckily for us, we have Portale’s writings to look to for referance. 😀

SpymasterGend
    • Markshire PCs:

What exactly was it we were doing there again?

Gend

Opinvu
    • Markshire PCs:

Episode 10
    Friday! Friday!! Friday!!!
    On schedule, locked, and loaded. Be there, or be the bird on the back of an ox waiting for it to vomit for a hot meal.

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

Opi, I am reseting the server for the rest of the week. Please tell me when I can reset it before and after the event to allow any setup.

If Thursday night and Saturday afternoon work, let me know.

Opinvu
    • Markshire PCs:

Thanks BTP, a reset Friday Morning will be fine. I usually set up right wen I get home.

SpymasterGend
    • Markshire PCs:

Great fun on Friday as always, plus drive-bys. Neglected to mention I’m unavailable for this Friday though. Very disappointed–wish I could send a clone–even an evil one–to my RL obligation. Hope the team can get rogue skills elsewhere.

Speaking of clones..if anyone else read Keli’s bio posts…did we lose her?

Gend

Voran Falcona
    • Markshire PCs:

She left before the final four of us did, and the transition out of the area didn’t work, so Opi had to create one for us. And now it doesn’t work, so she’s still down there (well, not anymore, the server reset). I don’t know why the transition didn’t work, maybe Opi deleted part of it after we left so we couldn’t go back down?

Corgano
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

I’m sure that come Friday we’ll all be in the house where we camped out at. Then we can head back down and check chests first for frog emblems. I hope one has an emblem on it, otherwise we’re looking in the wrong place…

Peace,
    Cor

PS: That transition is just broken and not Opi’s doing.

Thrym
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs: Grottle, Gruzk, Ashimar

@Corgano wrote:

That transition is just broken and not Opi’s doing.

Technically you are 50% correct. If the transition is broken then it is Opi’s doing since he created the areas. However, not really worried about it as there are in game fixes to be applied and it’s not imperative to correct at this time.

Glad you are all enjoying Opinvu’s campaign. From what I can tell it’s a fun time to be had by all. Watch for dopplegangers though. Loki could be anywhere. 😈

Opinvu
    • Markshire PCs:

We can agree to disagree, water under the bridge. Because…..it doesn’t change the fact that this Friday is Episode 10 part 2.. the Retry!!!

Episode 10 part 2 On Time, On Shcedule!

Please gather in the Start Area on Friday to await placement in starting positions. The group will be split. Half with Voran who lost his armor. And half at the other house with Walis (who lost his sword) and Belferon (who lost his wedding ring in a shell game bet with a squirrel that was really a wizard who was impersonating his father for the past 13 years).

Viewing 30 posts - 121 through 150 (of 190 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.