The Markseteer’s Mystery — Tuesdays Campaign

Home Forums Discussion Forums Out of Game The Markseteer’s Mystery — Tuesdays Campaign

This topic contains 65 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Opinvu November 20, 2008 at 2:08 am.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 66 total)
  • Author

Opinvu
    • Markshire PCs:

This thread is for the discussion and communications of those attending and following the next campaign dubbed, The Makseteers Mystery.

This thread is for the postings of questions and comments and scheduling announcements and acknowleging intrest and participation therein. To follow this paragraph are will be the rules and requests from the DM concerning the campaign. These are only guidelines and may change due to actual events unforeseen at the time of this original posting.

This campaign is based upon sleuthing and will encompass 13 episodes, or 13 new events. The main plot will not be solvable until the 10th episode. In the instance of the case(s) being solved before the tenth episode, no confirmations or endings will be achievable/confirmable until the last three episodes. Failure in any episode will only result in a case file of unsolved or unresolved issues. Consequences will vary from collateral damage to nothing at all.

Guidelines/Rules:
    1. Participants will use a low level character within the range of 1-8.
    2. Participating characters will be used throughout the entirety of the campaign. (no switching to suit the scenario)
    3. Evil participation will need advance warning and consultation with the DM before the event.
    4. Open to ALL.
    5. Expect more dialogue, RP than battle action, sleuthing.Talk first, fighting is last resort attitude will be appreciated for this campaign.
    6. No character in participation will have background or relatives in the Deephold region.
    7. Each episode will be within a 1-2hr presentation max.
    8. Episodes will be able to overflow to the next event day.
    9. Time between episodes will be insignificant. Each episode is equivalent to 1-4 days.
    10. Characters attending episodes shall not ‘farm experience’ outside of the event days. Crafting and other exceptions may be available.
    11. Awards will be based upon participation and contribution. All awards may not be consistent or evenly distributed throughout the campaign, but the final episode rewards will be special and reflective of the attendance of the receiver. Uber attendance, uber award.

💡 Tuesdays
    💡 Starts @ 6:45-7:00Pm (pacific coast time, -8 )
    💡 Start In Stonemark
    💡 Prestart Aug 4th –Official Start, Episode 1 Aug 12th

❗ ❗ ❗ ❗ ❗ ❗ ❗ ❗ ❗
    This post may change, look to edit counter following this notice.
    ❗ ❗ ❗ ❗ ❗ ❗ ❗ ❗ ❗

Opinvu
    • Markshire PCs:

Prologue
    The following is the back story leading to the upcoming campaign and is common knowledge to those watching the news of Markshire. More shall come in a different form.

Sir Alex Mark’s Markseteers

In recent months an uprising in the Deephold region has escalated to a civil war, anarchy reigns. The population in and around the mountain city has split over the current direction the local government has gone. Rumors of corruption in the government fueled a resistance movement. A failed cu-de-taw has left both factions crippled. This local matter has escalated to the direct attention of Lord Alex Mark. The breakdown of the chains of command has dissolved any order left in the region and consumed well over 3000 lives. Such a large uprising has taken his full attention of his majesty and all of his royal guard plus a large portion of the city guard for the general populous of Stonemark. The great Lord Marks has left the city under the control of the young prince Allenthys Marks Jr. III. Leaving the prince with minimal resources of man power in the barracks and a virtually empty armory, he has many challenges to overcome in the great lord’s absence. The biggest priority has been dealt with and now the prince is solving the problem of crime on the streets of Stonemark.

The prince has ordered the creation of a new task force called the Markseteers. These specially selected guards will see to the major crimes and investigations in and around the walls of Stonemark. Applicants will report to the South Gates Bounty Station on the declared time. All applicants will also undergo a screening process of physical skill/endurance, mental stability and intelligence testing. Those that pass will fill one of the thirteen positions available. The following poster was posted at every building under the protection of Lord Marks.

Opinvu
    • Markshire PCs:

EPISODE 1 (Part 1)

‘The Sign-up’

This episode is late to post, but is ready and on schedule for Tuesday.. This will be a two part episode with a similar second part and chance for repeat of first part the following Tueday.

Opinvu
    • Markshire PCs:

EPISODE 1 Part-2 ‘Test? More tests?!’

Episode duce on route to a local server nearest your heart. On schedule and on time. Have your common speak practiced and your penmenship polished….. the quills will be flying!

Opinvu
    • Markshire PCs:

Clarification to Rule # 10
    Farming xp outside of the campaign.

Yes, this is flexible and only ment to keep chars under the level 8 requirements.

This rule is only to protect the mood and difficulty level of the campaign.

Taking your new level 1 to 3 or 3-5 is not what this rule was to curtail, but for the level 7 to not join you and come to the next campaign level 10 and one hit kills a man when he was only ment to punch the man. (though that could still happen with a level 3 char, I know this)

When the xp does hit from the campaign, it will be in large numbers. Now you may ask, why not do it small amounts regularly? Well, I do it a bit different. Based on time, RP, contrabution, its all added in. So, somone who leaves early doesn’t get the same as the one who stayed two extra hours and finished it. And, I can’t always react tot he logger in time to deal xp before they drop. So, you will have to cope with my perdicament of fairness. In short, allow for some jumps in xp from the campaign and try not to let your toon accelerate too swiftly to 8 before the end.

Valgrim asked for a clarification, and maybe a word from my thinking behind my maddness was due. I could also add the thought was, the lower the rollers would be, the easier to get some fun failures. I was sure somone would drown in the swimming portion, alas, no one did. 😈 Just the baby.

Moral of this, just be causious of your rate of increasing.

SpymasterGend
    • Markshire PCs:

Drowning–poor Maarten was close, very close. He was little, once upon a time, and his parents offered him swimming lessons, but he saw no need in landlocked frozen Markshire. Fortunately, insulating body fat has a certain bouyancy…

Gend

s-m-r
    • Markshire PCs:

Hey, you squeaked by, didn’t ya? 😉

Opinvu
    • Markshire PCs:

LOL! Woot!

Drowning–poor Maarten was close, very close. He was little, once upon a time, and his parents offered him swimming lessons, but he saw no need in landlocked frozen Markshire. Fortunately, insulating body fat has a certain bouyancy…

Gend

Opinvu
    • Markshire PCs:

EPISODE 2 ‘The inoguration of a Force.’

On-time and On schedule for this Thurseday. Arrivals will await the doors of the IQ testing Hall to open.

If you miss this one, you will need a special hall pass to gain entry to the Markseteers. This Hall pass is only issued after speaking with me, the DM.

Corgano
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

Hey Opi…. Did you mean this Tuesday? Or is this one being moved to Thursday? Not sure I can make Thursdays…

Thanks!
    Cor

BoostNJuice
    • Markshire PCs:

yea, is it tues, or thurs?

Opinvu
    • Markshire PCs:

LOL Wow.. Idid put thurseday…how did that happen? I was my secrataty. Sorry all.

Tuesday…Tuesday! Be there!

Opinvu
    • Markshire PCs:

❗ Tuesday Aug 26 will not be on schedule. I shall be in Beaverton Oregon in training class for work. Woot.. Konica/Minotla thinking.. Episode 3 shall commense on the following Tuesday Sep 2. OMG.. September… anyways. Sorry for this work delay, but I cannot take it with me.

This post may change. SMR has been dealing some help and might be available for some late arrivals, an Episode one repeat. For like Aelswith, and anyone else. Please PM SMR or myself if you are interested for details.

s-m-r
    • Markshire PCs:

Hel, the race is so fun to watch, I’d be happy to host it anyway. 🙂

Anyone else who wants to jump into this campaign for the first time are welcome to do so. At the very latest, I’ll have things rolling by 10pm EST on Tuesday 26th August.

If anyone’s interested in an encore, I can put together a race course with some obstacles and stuff. That would be cool to do, even if there aren’t any newcomers.

As Opi says, I welcome PMs regarding participation this coming Tuesday. Newcomers and recent graduates welcome.

BoostNJuice
    • Markshire PCs:

perhaps an event for the group to determine who should be the “leader” or “head Markskteere”…? just a thought.

Opinvu
    • Markshire PCs:

That is a good thought as well Boost. I will be giving SMR some details of both tests, an some ideas for options. Encores don’t have to be on a Tuesday. Nor would the suggested idea from Boost.

SpymasterGend
    • Markshire PCs:

I think that leadership role should go to the one who moved the boulder furthest…or perhaps the one who kept the baby happiest.

There are times…when the engine’s limitations and our prolific, twisted imaginations…combine to create an insufferable lack of screenshots.

Cheers–and I’ll stop in Tuesday, SMR.

Gend

Opinvu
    • Markshire PCs:

That will be up to you all. To decide what qualities make for the best leader of a team. One will also have to be the one to write the reports… oh yes, there will be required TPS reports. Team Participation Summary.

The baby was fake. A dead baby ment you failed, like out of bounds or cheat, the live is a good complete…

Valgrimm
    • Markshire PCs:

The leader should either be the one with the best CHA, the highest test score, or the most back ground experience (ie ex soldier). An OOC requirement should be that it’s someone who will be there consitantly.

On that note I’m glad the campaign is missing a week, gotta work. But I am good for the following two weeks.

SpymasterGend
    • Markshire PCs:

I love it when people think I’m being serious 😉

Gend

s-m-r
    • Markshire PCs:

@spymastergend wrote:

I think that leadership role should go to the one who moved the boulder furthest…

I think you should be praising the Aesir for giving your rope a little extra strength that night… 😉

SpymasterGend
    • Markshire PCs:

Of course! Maarten counts himself lucky to have even had rope. He almost threw it out to make room for some oven mitts and some emergency rations of porridge.

Gend

domf
    • Markshire PCs:

@valgrimm wrote:

The leader should either be the one with the best CHA, the highest test score, or the most back ground experience (ie ex soldier). An OOC requirement should be that it’s someone who will be there consitantly.

On that note I’m glad the campaign is missing a week, gotta work. But I am good for the following two weeks.

my guy is a ex general turned bard…then he hit puberty and got ugly

he is elven…so it takes longer for them to change..

uh yea…thats it

Opinvu
    • Markshire PCs:

Episode 3

On schedule, on-time. See ya tomorrow!

Tuesday!

Quinne Volick
    • Markshire PCs:

I just got a call from my work, I will need to go in tonight to cover for a sick person who called out….so, I will not be able to make to this game tonight.
    Sorry, I hope that I will be able to make it to next weeks game and be able to jump back in without too much trouble.

Opinvu
    • Markshire PCs:

You have been excused, but please inform your boss to not let it happen again or it’s double pay.

Osay
    • Markshire PCs:

@opinvu wrote:

….. please inform your boss to not let it happen again or it’s double pay.

I wish it worked that way. 😀
    I should be there this Tue.

Opinvu
    • Markshire PCs:

😆

Tuesday is on time and on Schedule! Don’t let your boss snub you with OT… leave early!

Opinvu
    • Markshire PCs:

Some loose ends from Tuesday, these can be done this week. I will be popping in for those that wish it.

There will be 2 extra episode slots for this kind of thing as well, later.

BoostNJuice
    • Markshire PCs:

yes sorry about my abrupt exit last night, the toothpicks i was propping open my eyes with, broke…. 😉

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 66 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.