The Trip to NYC

Home Forums Admin Only THE GUYS The Trip to NYC

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  vlan2k July 15, 2008 at 7:43 pm.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Thrym
    Thrym
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs: Grottle, Gruzk, Ashimar

The Trip to NYC

Pat, thanks again for coming to get us and for putting us up for the night. It was awesome to see you guys again.

Monty, thanks for putting up with our antics and taking us to a friggin phenomenal Thai restaurant. You are THE NYC tour guide.

Steve, you guys rocked. The venue was cool if a bit small. You guys owned the place. It’s too bad you were on so late and people had to leave to catch trains.

Mule, great to see you again. It was fun to have someone else new to the city with us. Thanks for letting Shawn play tourista.

Paul and Shawn, as usual no disappointment in traveling with The Guys. Another set of stories to tell for the rest of our lives… iPhone … As sh ole?! (explained later; one of the FUNNIEST conversations I’ve ever been apart of in a car doing 75 mph)

Thrym
    Thrym
    Keymaster

The Preparations:

Planning for this trip began as soon as we heard Steve was playing in NYC.

Paul told Bob that he needed the 12th and 13th off. Then Paul reminded Bob that he needed the 12th and 13th off. Then Paul had to have Bob fix the schedule for the 12th and 13th to get it back off. Yes, Bob, we know you acknowledged your memory issue but it’s still funny.

Pat wrote down the wrong dates. MAD SCRAMBLE. Yes, I started checking hotel costs and placement. We appreciate that you still came through for us. And yes, we had fun reminding you from then on about the trip and times etc.

A time was set for departure. After some conversations and side planning for dinner we finally figured out a departure time. 11am on the 12th. This gave us leeway for traffic, parking at Pat’s or the Train Station, and unforeseen events. BOTH Shawn and Paul showed up early. However, even with the added time it did not allow for antics. You’ll see what I mean when I get to the Story.

The car was cleaned, gassed and oil changed on the day of the event. Of course, the gasket for my exhaust where it connects to the engine FINALLY comes in Friday afternoon. No time to accomplish it before leaving.

Tunes were planned. 3 days worth of iTunes from Shawn. Unfortunately, iTunes really doesn’t want you to play YOUR music on other devices. So conversion to MP3 format was out of the picture. The only USB drive I had since I know my music tastes aren’t preferred for traveling with The Guys was a transfer drive I had made from some of my co-workers stuff. It sufficed for the majority of the trip down.

Finally, the drinks for the trip. No road trip is complete until the cooler is loaded with beverages. Well, I had mentioned on Friday that I had two Red Bulls available for some energy for Shawn and Paul. I don’t touch them… blech! This was enough for Shawn to hatch his little social experiment…

s-m-r
    • Markshire PCs:

Hey all–

Thanks again to you folks who were able to come out and see the show. Glad you felt it was worth it. It was awesome to see you all again.

Sorry if the bassoon was a buzz kill… 😉

If you want to see some photos, Ryan has already posted the one he had in his camera (a DIGITAL one, not like what I typically have, so the pictures actually show what was photographed); take a look here:

http://www.flickr.com/flutesquad

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

It was a blast. I don’t mind shawn playing the tourista, at least he went and saw something significant. I had a lot of fun, and I liked NYC (even with the pervading smell that all the buildings had) it’s a fun town.

Thanks monty for playing tour guide and putting me up for the night.

– jon

Thrym
    Thrym
    Keymaster

@s-m-r wrote:

Sorry if the bassoon was a buzz kill… 😉

He was fine. He was just … different. He’s in the upcoming story. It’ll be multi-part. More to come.

Monty
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

Like T said…..Different. Besides, he recommended you for the gig, so ya gotta respect at least part of his musical tastes….

😉

M3C

Brak
    • Markshire PCs:

I liked his first song, he was very angry. A man in a headband screaming about infidelity is always funny.

Now if he combined the electric basson and the anger, he woulda had me.

He seemed nice enough, lord knows I would not have had the balls to do it.

I lost my voice for a couple days. We had to pick up the energy level for the small venue and people leaving early to catch trains. Never fear Steve, we had a lot of fun, hope we gave you some energy back.

vlan2k
    • Markshire PCs:

It was great having everyone down! The ride back from the city was… interesting. I now understand why my father got so short tempered when he would cart me and my friends around when we were kids.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.