Time to ramp it up for a new year. – Part I

Home Forums Discussion Forums Makes you go, Hmmmm? Time to ramp it up for a new year. – Part I

Viewing 30 posts - 271 through 300 (of 393 total)
  • Author
    muddy
    • Markshire PCs:

So, do you guys only talk football in the fantasy football thread now?

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

I am too depressed. At my Steelers losing? No. At the Patriots winning.

That and the fact that the only thing standing between them and the worlds biggest “shut up” card of “best team ever” is Eli Manning.

Eli fricking Manning.

Anone know what Usi ate for dinner that Monday Night game against the Eagles?

Monty
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

Hey, I was one of those saying that there was no way in HEL that the Giants were going to beat the Pack at home, in 0 degree weather. I was shocked that they controlled the field so well and so consistently.
    I was also amazed that the weather did not produce more screw-ups than it did. The game was very controlled, for the most part.
    The Giants big chance against the Pats (whom I agree with BTP on, I don’t love the Giants, just HATE the Pats) is to keep the game on the ground. I would say they would have their best shot if they could play in the type of weather they had on Sunday.
    Unfortunately, since the NFL caters to the armchair and hunt-club crowd, to whom a cold day is too frightening to contemplate, all Superbowls are played in domed or warm weather stadiums. So, again, I am forced to say that the Pats will win, even though I hate to say it.

M3C

BoostNJuice
    • Markshire PCs:

I am neither a love or hater of the Giants( some of whom scored me some big fantasy points…*cough* Osi..*cough* Derek Ward…) But as a life long Bears fan, The last thing I need is for the P&$*r% Fans to be able to say, “we beat the undefeated Pat’s in 07′”. So despite our losing season we still beat the Pack twice, and they didn’t go the the big game. Good all around year, Superbowl hangover or not!

-Boost

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

Well I have absolutely nothing invested in this game. I kind of want to see the Pats win just for the history of it. As much as that pains you haters you have to admit it’d be neat to see. That and I have almost zero faith that Eli and the giants will stand up to the Pats… but who knows, they did make it this far.

– mule

muddy
    • Markshire PCs:

The Giants played the Pats tough for three quarters in the regular season. Too bad there was a 4th quarter.

I agree on one thing said above…

Eli fricking Manning.

As a closet Dolphins fan I want to see the Pats get upset very badly.

Sunday showed me one thing, Favre is not immortal. He looked both old and slow the whole game, he needs to hang it up with dignity rather than slowly piss himself down the drain like so many professional athletes striving to make it one more year. Pretty soon he’ll be playing for the Wizards and looking like hammered dog poo, not the icon he once was.

G_kinkaid
    • Markshire PCs:

The Gmen already showed us the best effort they could muster vs the Pats. You Hateriots are going to be disappointed if you think we’re going to get a redo of Superbowl XV (Gmen pounding the ground and keeping the opposing offense off the field with a 3 to 1 ish time of posession advantage). This guy is inclined to think it’s going to be closer to a Superbowl XX (not that I really wanna see that).

Why? The Patriots were head and shoulders better than the rest of the league during the course of the season, being compared to the great teams of all time etc… The Gmen beat only 1 team all season with a winning record before coming into the playoffs and getting it together (they stole the 03 Panthers bottled lightning). This is very similar to the 2 teams that faced off in Superbowl XX. The Bears were a team for the ages going against a wildcard team from the other conference that got hot during the playoffs.

That said, the game has to be played πŸ™‚

History will be made 1 way or the other. Their asses get crowned or the Gmen pull the biggest upset in sports history.

Eli fricking Manning….

Valgrimm
    • Markshire PCs:

Everyone counts the giants out, every big game. And everone bashes Eli and says the giants need tiki, but the truth is it’s all about the D…..Strahan, Osi, Tuck….

G_kinkaid
    • Markshire PCs:

Yeah, I mean.. the Giants almost beat the Patriots once. I’m sure they can almost beat them again!

and even the Gmen are believers!

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/giants_we_almost_beat_the_patriots

from the article:

“We stood up to them once, hit ’em in the mouth, and made them beat us,” Coughlin said, noting that in the previous meeting, the Giants defense put the Patriots in the challenging position of having to score three times over the last 20 minutes of the game, which the Patriots naturally did with time to spare and without apparent effort. “And mark my words, that’s what we’re going to do in the Super Bowlβ€”meet their strengths with ours, play as hard and as fast as we can, and force them to eventually beat us.”

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

so I found this in a fark forum, thought i’d pass it on:

it made me laugh at least.

– mule

domf
    • Markshire PCs:

i got a stupid 5 and a zero on our superbowl boxes…ah well

i can always hope for some weird combination

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

35 and 10 is a plausible combination…heh can’t think of many more though.. good luck.

Brak
    • Markshire PCs:

Ok Mike, I told people about how you singelhandedly saved my Madden season with 48 sacks, 3 int, 3 TD, 6FF, 4FR, 3 QB kills, 3 RB kills and that one unfortunate TE when I dropped you into Zone Coverage. You were pissed that John finally dropped you below a 90 rating, understandable and you made a believer out of me ( and you fit under my salary cap).

I just want you to do one more thing. I want you to end that mustang sally commercial, end it in a horrible bone crunching fashion. End it in a way that makes it impossible for anymore horrible endorsements. I really can’t take seeing that commercial 50 times during the super bowl. I mean think of it this way…that’s YOUR commercial time.

Do this and I wont snicker or smirk when someone brings up the sack record…and I’ll stop doing my “Brett favre trips over invisible rock ” whenever someone says your name.

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

Oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please beat those shatbawxes!

Aelswith
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

That was funny!! *Laughing*

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

lol they’re still looking strong at the end of the half. If it wasn’t for the delay of game and the pass interference this game might have a different score. A very low scoring game so far. We’ll see.

– mule

Corgano
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

I’m cheering for the Giants for all of you people that live in NY. They’re still looking good! πŸ˜€

Peace,
    Cor

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

well 35 seconds left and the giants just scored.. not looking good for the Pats…

edit: game over, giants win… Wow… didn’t expect that at all.

– mule

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

Eli Freaking Manning.

G_kinkaid
    • Markshire PCs:

Wow, just wow.
    Eli frikkin Manning indeed.

Any given sunday. Is what’s great about this game. The most annoyingly good team in a generation stumbled at the finish line. Grats to the Giants for fighting/believing/etc.

These zebras sucked guys, this game was poorly officiated. The worst I’ve seen. Several calls/no calls that changed NFL history.

A damn shame.

I am not a Pats fan either. I’m just not a Hateriot. If the recent allegations by a former employee are true (secretly taping the Rams before their superbowl)… then this is most certainly deserved πŸ™‚

I haven’t been this disturbed by a crew of refs in an NFL post season game since, oddly enough, the Tuck game.

Corgano
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

@BeyondThePale wrote:

Eli Freaking Manning.

How true!!! But you’ll remember where you were when he took the Giants to WIN the big game… lol.

Anyways…

Congrats to all of you NY Giants fans! What a game it was!

Peace,
    Cor

G_kinkaid
    • Markshire PCs:

Forevermore the Giants did the right thing on that draft day. Seemed like a dumb move from that day until a couple weeks ago. The Force is strong with someone there.

Might just be a Manning thing.

Monty
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

THE NEW YORK GIANTS WIIIIIIIINNNNNNN!!!!!!

πŸ˜€

M3C

Hey, we can’t have Boston winning baseball AND football…….

Valgrimm
    • Markshire PCs:

You have to believe!!

muddy
    • Markshire PCs:

Greatest part of the game was Bill Billichek running off the field with 2 seconds left, pouting like a 1st grader. What an unbelievable A-HOLE.

I don’t believe Eli Freaking Manning deserved the MVP at all. They should’ve had a half dozen for the Giants defensive line. They played BRILLIANTLY holding the Pats down like they did.

Thrym
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs: Grottle, Gruzk, Ashimar

REPLAY::

“Release and Catch” play

http://awfulannouncing.blogspot.com/2008/02/greatest-catch-ever.html

and the game winning score.

G_kinkaid
    • Markshire PCs:

“Holds release and my helmet and the turf are my other hands, 4realz!”

G_kinkaid
    • Markshire PCs:

Word

Hopefully the Yankees can keep baseball safe from teh Sox.

@Monty wrote:

Hey, we can’t have Boston winning baseball AND football…….

Lt. Tyler
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

@Corgano wrote:

…But you’ll remember where you were when he took the Giants to WIN the big game… lol….

Let’s see, where was I? Oh yeah, that’s right. Laying in bed next to a furnace of a 2 year old, who despite round the clock Motrin and Tylenol wont keep a temp lower than about 101. So all I saw was the first quarter in any detail, and glimpses of the 2Q.

Still, our offense got slapped around. Kudos to the Gmen for showing up to play, and punching us in the mouth.

@G_kinkaid wrote:

Word

Hopefully the Yankees can keep baseball safe from teh Sox.

Amen to that. This year was a big tease sportswise. Yanks start like crap, then have the best record after the All-star break, make the playoffs, and then choke to the Indians.

Then the Patriots.

Ah well, there’s always next year!

LT

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

You realize you take all of the fun out of being a hater Tyler?

Of course you do, look who I’m asking….

Viewing 30 posts - 271 through 300 (of 393 total)
  • The topic ‘Time to ramp it up for a new year. – Part I’ is closed to new replies.