Time to ramp it up for a new year. – Part I

Home Forums Discussion Forums Makes you go, Hmmmm? Time to ramp it up for a new year. – Part I

Viewing 30 posts - 301 through 330 (of 393 total)
  • Author
    Lt. Tyler
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

Happy to oblige, happy to oblige my friend.

Actually, since we had to lose, I am happy we lost to the Gmen.

Had we lost to the ‘Boys, now that done be a differn’ story.

And as another silver lining (hey, it’s all I got, alright), as a Yankee fan, and a non-native Bostonian, the Pats losing was good so that I wouldn’t have to hear all the idgits blah blah blah about Bahstahn sports and how great they are.

Ok, it still sucked. But that’s at least one good outcome.

Brak
    • Markshire PCs:

Thanks Mike. You and the boys made sportsbars safe again. You go ahead and retire, make all the damn commercials you want I wont say one word. I saw you try and behead him. And Osi you freak …you go get your poop on boy, it’s your birthday. I saw you do the dance.

domf
    • Markshire PCs:

@muddy wrote:

Greatest part of the game was Bill Billichek running off the field with 2 seconds left, pouting like a 1st grader. What an unbelievable A-HOLE.

Yea….that really grinds my gears…i lost all the respect i had for the patriots…they played a great season but didnt get the job done…they couldve at least lost like a winner..

Oh!

i know BTP was hoping i didnt see this…and in case anyone missed it..

http://www.idolstalker.com/american-idol-super-bowl-commercial-with-ben-roethlisberger-video/

haha….silly benny

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

Dude, you obviously don’t know the circles I run in. Brak is at T’s watching the game, I am at home, but popping on IM during commercials. I ping them in a fit of happiness. Can they rejoice with me? No, they have to hate on the NFL champion because THEIR QBs don’t have any rings.

BTP: Eli Freaking Manning
    BTP: It’s official.
    T: “I love Pina Coladas”
    BTP: That’s his middle name.
    BTP: Me too.
    BTP: Can’t spoil this.
    BTP: I gotta go watch Brady cry.

Thrym
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs: Grottle, Gruzk, Ashimar

Don’t forget what Brak said BEFORE you posted the above:

Brak: Eli ****ing Manny yo
    Brak: and the tears will taste like the finest gravy…

Thrym
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs: Grottle, Gruzk, Ashimar

And speaking of commercials:

Badgers should be left alone! They will rip your face off if you are sporting the wrong ring tone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9PGCO-uVz0

Monty
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

Gives the Everspring quest a whole new meaning….

M3C

“Be vewy, vewy quiet. I’m hunting badgers.”

muddy
    • Markshire PCs:

Am I the only one who thought the one of the talking baby was funny?

Not the first one where the kid pukes, but the 2nd one where he hired a full time clown and quickly/quietly comments about their freakiness?

I did grin at the Big Ben commercial.

Lt. Tyler
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

Alright, now I have my suspicions about this Matt Walsh guy, but if this dude has any real dirt about filming pre Super Bowl walkthroughs, then I’m trading in my Pats fan card.

I’ll be taking applications from interested franchises at that point.

So, who thinks Walsh has the goods, who thinks he’s a crazy freak, and who doesn’t give a damn?

Secondly, iffin I do need a new team, who’s got a suggestion?

Damn, how long until the draft?

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

Didn’t hear anything about this filming… nor do I know who Walsh is. However, if you’re looking for a new franchise the Lions always need more fans.. Just think, you can be the perpetual martyr, it’s such fun.

– mule

G_kinkaid
    • Markshire PCs:

I had an epic reply that was lost when my other machine crashed.. here’s the cliff notes version.

If this stuff is true than it’s pretty friggin heinous. Moreso in the STL game than the others though.

That STL offense was pretty darn good. Belicheat, Brady and Vinatieri get all the glory but make no mistake, that Pats D had something special for the STL offense on that day and they are the heros of this game. 3 turnovers, 1 was returned for a TD iirc and all but the final 3 Patriots points were direct results of said turnovers (very good to insane field position or scores).

He was fired in 03 which would mean he wasn’t around for the Pats/Panthers or Pats/Iggles Superbowls. If his allegations are true about the Rams game, they surely just used someone else to do the same for these.

The Pats D was monsterous at times vs Carolina and pretty much had the running game on lockdown (except for when 2 Pat defenders ran into one another and Foster squirted free and went airborn to cross the goalline). Delhomme after a shakey start had a great game though, over 300 yards passing, the longest pass play in SB history (bomb/stiffarm/runtothehouse) a nice rainbow/basketcatch toss to Smith and a late TD to Proehl with a minute and a half to go in the game. None of that mamby pamby dink and dunk stuff.. that’s for… 😉 He was slinging the ball all over and smacktalking, shouting and dropping the f bomb on the pats.. ah the angry/excited Jake… the good ol days.

So um.. the point of all that was to say that Carolina was still able to generate offense and score plenty of points. They just couldn’t stop Brady… no sacks and the db’s looked utterly retarded at times (way out of position, guys totally uncovered downfield etc. it was friggin awful) and at the worst times, the end of each half when the Pats moved the ball effortlessly through the air and scored.

Did you know that in that entire postseason, Brady was never sacked.

that’s as amazing as it is disgusting wiith the front 4 we had (they were never as good after 03).

/front 4 derail the reply lament on

After that, Buckner got old in a big hurry, Jenkins spent nearly the entire 2 following seasons on IR, by time he came back, Buck was gone and replaced by Kemoeatyou and Rucker had lost 2 to 5 steps. Opportunity lost…. oh, Peppers was still himself until this season but the other 3 spots have been in a rotational mess thus far. Our current DC sucks too, Dropping Peppers back into coverage or out into the flats more than 1 or 2 times a game probably isn’t going to fool anyone, or use his abilities at their best.

/front 4 derailing lament off

Anyways, Carolina coudn’t stop the Pats passing attack when it counted.. that’s why we lost, not because we couldn’t generate offense/points.

The Iggles lost because DMac is a vomiting chunky soup eating mamma’s boy that failed in his moment of championship opportunity. pass for no gain, inc, int to end the game.

I kid, I kid, about the chunky soup/mammas boy stuff anyways. I’m actually a McRibb fan. He just had a bad, bad day.

If the Pats continued to do this crap after Walsh left then wth does the NFL do?

I’ve rambled enough. I do give a damn though, this just sucks for the league and every fan equally if dude is telling the truth. I hope this isn’t true.

If you do need a new team? Our expansion brothers in Jville are headed in the right direction.

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:
    G_kinkaid
    • Markshire PCs:

I don’t *explicit deleted* feel sorry for ya, line up and play football.

frikkin beautiful

Larry Brown is in the same page list as a top 10 one hit wonder.. that’s some NFL synergy there.

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

“Levon, he was rather… robust.”

I love the fact that they gave some love to the Saints linebackers. Those guys rocked. The Pittsburgh guy saying they were no good is a stain. They were ruthless.

muddy
    • Markshire PCs:

Shouldn’t you start a new foosball thread now?

😉

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

Right before the draft.

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

why make a new thread? This one has history and tradition behind it.

– mule

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:
    G_kinkaid
    • Markshire PCs:

While I’d like to shake my fist and shout CONSPIRACY!!! the opponents are determined by where you and they finished in their div (except for out of conf games which have rotated the same since 02).

The NFCE and AFCS were tough last season yeah, but that was last season 🙂

The only thing that writer’s evidence supports is that he’s a whiney Stillers fan.

There was a shred of truth in there amidst QQ’ing. The Vermeil stuff, but it’s out of context since we’re talking about next season and he’s supporting it with last seasons records… that’s not a good indicator. Most great teams slip a little and other teams that had a downyear get a little better. One or two really good teams fall off in a big way and there’s always a team or two that comes charging out of it’s conference basement to contend.

it is the way of things

Lt. Tyler
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

Hmm, weird. Things seems good to me.

EDIT – After I changed my avie, I made myself LOL.

Geez, I am a looser.

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

*blood pressure spikes*

G_kinkaid
    • Markshire PCs:

Heheh, yo.

At least yer team is in the position where next years schedule is the biggest concern. There’s plenty of other teams with gaping holes to address before we have that luxury.

Lt. Tyler
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

Just testing your sympathetic nervous system there BTP. Seems to be working fine, a nice response increasing heart rate and blood pressure was recorded.

Also, I got a nice shot of dopamine in my brain. Kinda like a mouse addicted to cocaine, who will press a lever continuously to get a hit. 🙂

To bring it back to the topic of this thread:
    Now now, who we gonna take with that #7 pick? God knows the defense could use it.

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

We have holes.

We paid our quarterback 108 million dollars to apologize for those big, gaping holes. He’s going to spend every penny on physical therapy.

And helmets.

Brak
    • Markshire PCs:

On a side note-The South Park where Cartman channeled Edward James Almos in “Stand and Deliver” and taught the inner city kids the Bill Belichick way of cheating was hilarious.

http://www.on205th.com/2008/04/south-park-skewers-bill-belichick-and.html

Lt. Tyler
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

I feel like the lady from the old LifeAlert commercials.

I’ve fallen, and I can’t get up!

I also can’t breathe. Too funny.

muddy
    • Markshire PCs:

Pretty sure I’m ready for some foosball… changed my avatar in anticipation.

G_kinkaid
    • Markshire PCs:

got our monster OT signed a couple days ago (and according to reports, he was serving up pancakes in morning drills)

Got Stewart signed this morning
    [img][303:500]http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/1060/stewartfq6.jpg[/img]

everyone at camp in time for 1st practice.

Looks like I’m heading to Wofford for the evening session.

Lt. Tyler
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

Let the karmic cleansing begin!

*sigh*

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

Viewing 30 posts - 301 through 330 (of 393 total)
  • The topic ‘Time to ramp it up for a new year. – Part I’ is closed to new replies.