Time to ramp it up for a new year. – Part I

Home Forums Discussion Forums Makes you go, Hmmmm? Time to ramp it up for a new year. – Part I

This topic contains 392 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by Avatar muddy October 12, 2009 at 12:50 pm.

Viewing 30 posts - 361 through 390 (of 393 total)
  • Author
    domf
    • Markshire PCs:

Wooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Wad’ up now, foo’?!

Lt. Tyler
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

I always enjoy watching the Super Bowl Champs *blood pressure spikes* lose.

In other news, Horseballs looked sharp. Real sharp.

domf
    • Markshire PCs:

Friggin’ Browns…

At least my buddy Brady looked good. I think everyone can agree the defense blew that game.

G_kinkaid
    • Markshire PCs:

There’s something, pretty wrong with the franchise here in Carolina. We’ve got a lot of the right pieces, player and staff wise, but it’s just not got cohesiveness. The last week has been less than, encouraging.

Our coordinators just do the darndest things sometimes. On Arizona’s first drive I was going bonkers, pleading with Trgovac via telepathy (okay okay, through the television) that his weak ass zone plan wasn’t going to work… and seriously, when you’ve got 2 weeks to friggin prepare for the AZ Cardinals that “D” we sported was the best idea he had?

Davidson was equally crap-your-britches bad. Down 10 points we went straight into pass wackyness. While, the forward pass is cool and all, I question any offensive coordinator that thinks short and intermediate west coast type crap is a good idea with our WR’s and Jake (especially so when he’s “Bad Jake”). Seriously, wth is anyone other than a RB or FB doing running a flat route?

Dunno how much of this is Fox tbh. He’s loyal to a fault with some players/coaches (insert Fox guys that stuck around 2 seasons too long here) but others get shown the door… others that have done well in their new setting (Jenkins, McCree, Witherspoon)

Now Peppers wants out

Why is that so odd? It’s odd because he’s normally a very very private dude. There was a statement released by his publicist a couple hours ago. He’s not interested in renegotiating with the team (unrestricted FA). It appears that he’s terrified that Carolina will franchise him. I have a feeling we won’t, we’ve never played hardball with a player like that before.

Anyway, t’was a season of opportunity lost. We’ve got a few younger players that have what it takes and some big ass question marks.

Thrym
    Thrym
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs: Grottle, Gruzk, Ashimar

Big Congratulations to the Steel Curtain fan … BeyondThePale!!!

They made it yet again to the Super Bowl.

It’s amazing what you can do when the Hoodie’s all discombobulated.

HURRAH to the Big Dummae and his Wide Receiver.

Let’s see if Brak and Higgins have what it takes to win it this year.

================================

*Hines talking to Ben in the huddle*

Coach call Hines play.

*grabs Ben by the collar*

You throw to Hines and we all smiles.

Nod, if you understand me.

*looks at Hines and nods his head carefully*

IS LIKE WHEN BEN ROOKIE … DO WHAT HINES SAY!

BEN STRONGEST QUARTERBACK!!

BEN THROW TO HINES ALLLLLLLL DAY!

*movement catches Ben’s eye*

BEARRRR!!! *THUNDEROUS ROAR*

*Ben runs and tackles Rex Grossman in the stands with a devastating critical*

WHO DRAGON NOW????!!!!

*Rex who promptly fades from view before ANYONE else sees him*

*Beats his chest in the stands*

BEN STRONGEST!!!!!!!

==============================

// Please note that I did not use the standard KSK version of Hines. While funny, I don’t think I can do it proper justice and truthfully, sometimes it’s just wrong.

G_kinkaid
    • Markshire PCs:

You throw to Hines and we all smiles.

G_kinkaid
    • Markshire PCs:

Grats to the Stillers. Now they have a ring for the other middle finger!

very rollercoastery game accented with huge huge plays. The zebras need to be flogged with sweaty socks though imo, the only redeeming thing about their crappyness is that the better team still won.

Corgano
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

I’m feeling Goooooood!

I was the only person cheering for Pittsburgh where I was at… And I was so happy that they pulled off the win. See who’s laughing now Cards fans! Hehehe! 😀 (True they’re not the Bears but I made an exception)

Good game, even though there were so many calls by the refs that were, um.. interesting. *shrugs* What can ya do.

Hope all had a good time.

Peace,
    Cor

Lt. Tyler
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

After putting the boy to bed and doing other assorted parenterly duties, I was able to catch the last 4 minutes of the game. So that worked out pretty well.

And in the end, when Holmes caught that pass, I got a smile on my face imagining how BTP’s celebration went down.

Kinda sad to have this year over already, but it’ll be interesting to see how things play out next year (as usual, the Pat lose tons of coaching staff, how will they react, how important was Pioli, how is Tom’s knee, how crappy will the secondary be next year or was is all crappy pass rush, etc etc etc).

Lt. Tyler
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

Well Matt, thanks for those 11 wins. We hardly knew ye….could play worth two bits….but best of luck.

And Mike, thanks for the memories, and the touchdowns. But our goddamn linebacking corps is so old. At least we have the Mayo kid.

As for what else we’re getting from the Chefs, I will honestly say I’m bamboolzed by the tomfoolery.

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

Anyone else getting a 90’s Niners feel about this collection of old and so-called stars? It worked for the Niners for a ring, but they fell on dark times for long long years afterward.

Lt. Tyler
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

Anybody TOUCHES Brady’s knee this year is gonna get a cap in their ass. You saw how Gisele deals with some dumb ass paparazzi. Think she’s gonna cut some two bit dirty player some slack?

BoostNJuice
    • Markshire PCs:

As we all sit around and watch diligently for our team to make the trade of a lifetime… the Bears make the most intelligent move in over thirty years of football. I have watched for years as Jerry Angilo and Mike McCasky pissed away draft pick after draft pick to build the next hall of fame Quarterback that would never come to fruition. We wasted millions of dollars and decades of our lives and until this off season when the train wreck that is Kile Orton(and our QB program) was finally put out of its misery. I’m not sure what the Broncos were thinking, I guess after firing Shanahan, Cutler became disgruntle, and they had little choice, but they voluntarily took Orton…. Why? Whatever!!! All hail Jay Cutler…. The Messiah of the Midway!!!!!!!

*long 300 chant… woo haa woo haa woo haa…..*

Boost

G_kinkaid
    • Markshire PCs:

*raise dead*

So.. Vick admits to crying in prison.. no kidding. I’m sure he had a few cry sessions after romantic interludes with his fellow inmates.

Thrym
    Thrym
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs: Grottle, Gruzk, Ashimar

Depends on what position he was in. I don’t think dog abusing quarterback has a lot of weight to get him respect in there.

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

Not to nitpick, but that is dog torturing and killing quarterback.

Vick’s impact will be minimal in my opinion. I think his best TD count rushing was 5. More than that part time will be tough.

Also, keep in mind the Wildcat was a success because a tailback was starting with the ball. Ronnie Brown is a LOAD to bring down, and ran it up the gut at times. I just don’t see Vick having that success.

On a much lighter note, I drove 5 hours with the missus down to PA to watch the CURRENT AND SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPION PITTSBURGH STEELERS practice in Latrobe recently. 16,000 other people joined us in watching a training camp session, and I had seats 8 rows up on the 50 yard line. Excellent experience, saw all the guys I wanted to, and then got back in the car and drove 5 hours home.

On the way home, I stopped in Buffalo and at about midnight had a beer and some wings at the Anchor Bar, which happens to be the origin of the Buffalo Wing. They were fan-freaking-tastic. Another trip is planned, and it will be worth it.

I am ready for some football.

Lt. Tyler
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

We have the power of Gisele!!!! WE ARE UNDEFEATEDABLE@!@@@!!

Yeah, I am ready for some football.

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

@Lt. Tyler wrote:

Yeah, I am ready for some football.

NO ONE DENIES THIS!

domf
    • Markshire PCs:

I am holding out hope for a winning record this season…not a superbowl…

I am thinking 9 – 7

Go Browns.

Lt. Tyler
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

Stillers pull out the win!

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

Troy was a house of fire up until Fat Crumpler fell on him. I would like to be able to see the team rip off a huge 8 yard run before the end of the year though. Ugh.

s-m-r
    • Markshire PCs:

SUPER HOT. And related to football discussion.

Lt. Tyler
    Keymaster
    • Markshire PCs:

Yeah, poor Hair!

But god, that was some craptastic running game displayed by the Black and Gold. Let’s just hope they can ride Big Ben until the law comes for him!

Hey, Old Dude! Awesome pink shorts!!! But watch out for Ben, he might get confused and try to have his way with you!

G_kinkaid
    • Markshire PCs:

I want the F bomb dropping, screaming, ragin cajun Jake back.

Though he would make a mistake here and there, he could at least keep us in a game and rarely had outings like he ended last season and began this one. Not that he was ever mistaken for Joe Cool before but he’s just been okay to friggin awful since his elbow got ruined. He can’t throw a deep ball anymore… at all. Last season we got 3 wins on late game Jake heroics.. but looking back game 1 was Jake, the other 2 games were more Steve Smith making sick catches.

Unless our oc is sabotaging the season so he can get a new gig or a new boss, I don’t understand what they were trying to accomplish yesterday. Or since camp opened for that matter. This team has looked like stomped shrimp and chitterlings on offense for a while.

Don’t get me wrong, 1/2 or better of the turnovers in the last 2 games are on Jake. I do gotta say that it’s kinda dumb to keep him under center and taking 5 step drops (and no help in the backfield) when the oline is obviously having a hard time picking up the blitz.

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

But hey, your boys broke the superstar before it was all said and done!

muddy
    • Markshire PCs:

Randomness thrown out for amusement.

Steelers looked good, not that I was really surprised. Injuries suck, I like to watch Polawattamattamaepandabear play.

Bills and Pats both looked solid, but I couldn’t keep my eyes off the yikes, stripes, fruit stripes gum ref outfits. Retarded return from the endzone made me laugh and Brady looks to be well on his way back to form. I want a cut off hoodie.

I almost cried when Urlacher got hurt, that boy is a great player and is unfortunate he is down with the wrist injury. I did cry when I watched Cutler. Way to go Captain Turnover.

Side note, our 52 inch plasma makes all good, even when the twins are drooling on it.

BoostNJuice
    • Markshire PCs:

The rain in chicago was Jeff Reed’s tears!!!!!!

muddy
    • Markshire PCs:

And they taste OHHHHHHHH so sweet.

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

*sigh* What, you guys don’t have towel dispensers for our kicker to rough up before the game?

domf
    • Markshire PCs:

“Braylon Edwards has been traded to the New York Jets, a person familiar with the situation has confirmed.

The Jets agreed to send wide receiver Chansi Stuckey, special teams player Jason Trusnik and draft picks to the Browns, according to the source. ESPN.com NFL Insider Adam Schefter first reported the trade Wednesday morning.”

This was better than what I thought we would get…I was holding out for a waterboy and some new footballs.

Viewing 30 posts - 361 through 390 (of 393 total)

The topic ‘Time to ramp it up for a new year. – Part I’ is closed to new replies.