Time to ramp it up for a new year. – Part I

Home Forums Discussion Forums Makes you go, Hmmmm? Time to ramp it up for a new year. – Part I

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 393 total)
  • Author
    mule
    • Markshire PCs:

I’d name him Steely Dan.. ya that’s it. Or perhaps Chinny McChinface

– mule

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

Damn you G.

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

Oh yeah? Take THIS!

All Ya’ll Do is HATE!
    [img][650:426]http://www.withleather.com//ul/2951-porterwrp.jpg[/img]

Iathouz
    • Markshire PCs:

@BeyondThePale wrote:

What the hell is that?

honestly, if I were the Steelers, I would have gotten cheerleaders first.

muddy
    • Markshire PCs:

i’m gunna have to learn some of this damn phootball jargon me thinks or else i’m REALLY gunna stick out.

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

Going to stick out?

mule
    • Markshire PCs:

he’s using vernacular BTP, don’t make fun of him for it he can’t help it.

– mule

Corgano
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

Teh Sex Cannon will be back this year in case you don’t know. Please, first guy to get us to the super bowl since 1985, you think we’re gonna ditch him even with the ups/downs in the media? Nope. Back with a new coach working with him too.

In his first full season as a starter last year, the former Florida star quarterbacked the Bears to the Super Bowl for the first time since 1985 yet was heavily scrutinized by fans and media.

Grossman was named NFC Offensive Player of the Month for September, set a franchise record by registering at least a 100 passer rating in seven games and threw 10 TD passes in leading the Bears to a 5-0 record for the first time since 1986.

G_kinkaid
    • Markshire PCs:

@Corgano wrote:

Grossman was named NFC Offensive Player of the Month for September, set a franchise record by registering at least a 100 passer rating in seven games and threw 10 TD passes in leading the Bears to a 5-0 record for the first time since 1986.

Too bad they don’t hand out championship rings in September eh?

😉

Dun get me wrong, teh Sex Cannon has no equal at impregnating endzones with his /deep balls/ but a lot of that success probably has something to do with playing in the NFCN, just a guess…

So out of curiosity’s sake, I took a look at CHI opponents during the month of Sept.

brace yourselves football fans

GB, DET, MIN

These clubs combined for 17 wins and 31 losses
    😯

Iathouz
    • Markshire PCs:

@Corgano wrote:

the former Florida star quarterbacked the Bears to the Super Bowl

?!?

Special teams and defense quarterbacked the bears to the Superbowl. Grossman by that point in the season was along for the ride. He may have surprised some teams earlier in the year, but once people got tape on him, his flaws were more then apparent. If the Bears are lucky, he learned something in the offseason.

Corgano
    Participant
    • Markshire PCs:

@Iathouz wrote:

Special teams and defense quarterbacked the bears to the Superbowl… If the Bears are lucky, he learned something in the offseason.

He’s been working with a new coach working on the pocket, and throwing under pressure. Commiting stuff to, “Muscle Memory”. So… We’ll see. 🙂
    *Crosses fingers*

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

@G_kinkaid wrote:

Dun get me wrong, teh Sex Cannon has no equal at impregnating endzones with his /deep balls/ but a lot of that success probably has something to do with playing in the NFCN, just a guess…

This made my day. Great great line, for those that know “The Legend of Sexxxy Rexxxy”

Iathouz
    • Markshire PCs:

I was just perusing this year’s issue of Athlon Sports Pro Football magazine (as I do at this time every year) When I happened on an article about the first round of the 1997 draft. Reading along I hit the Eagles pick at 25… Jon Harris. Jon was on of the biggest reaches in recent (Eagles) history. He played for two years, notched 2 career sacks, got traded to Green bay and dumped from the league. (thank you Ray Rodes, Futbahl jenious)

I figured we had the worst pick of the bunch, but the next two made me feel much better:

26: SF QB Jim Druckenmiller. Had a career 29.2 rating with 1 TD. Failed at a tryout for the Dolphins. Went on to be a backup with two teams in the Arena Football League.

Not to be outdone…

27: Carolina WR Rae Carruth. Made 44 receptions as a rookie. Good so far right? (direct Quote here) “Carruth was found guilty of conspiracy to commit murder, shooting into an occupied vehicle and using an instrument to destroy an unborn child” Was sentenced to 18 year in prison.

Kinda tough to top that.

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

Darius signed by the Raiders. I predict one of two things will happen.

The Raiders will put him in the position to knock someone out.

They will fail to do so, but because of Raider lore and their ability to recycle old safeties, he will knock someone out. But get burnt trying to do so in a formula close to

Burnt(cubed)+KTFO-2008 Draft position=Contract length

Brak
    • Markshire PCs:

You sound bitter, it must have been the kool-aid you drank last year up in Oaktown. Let Derrick cheer you up.

[img][650:500]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g120/sleel42/derrick.jpg[/img]

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

Bitter? Why on earth would I be bitter?

We’ve all head teams in the big game in the last decade or so. Well, cept T. And we’ve all walked away from those games the better for it.

It’s just that my team won their game.

Brak
    • Markshire PCs:

@BeyondThePale wrote:

It’s just that my team won their game.

Speaking of….I’m kinda curious how much leeway Goodall is going to give to the Ref’s this year.

He’s put the hammer on some players, I wonder if the Ref’s will remain inviolate or if some will need new jobs after this next season.

While I may not agree, the Ref shot for the SB was just too easy, I mean, it was right there.

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

Go Ben, it’s yo brifday!

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

Gonna party like it’s yo brifday!

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

Gonna party like it’s ….

HEY! Damn it!

Who the HEL let HIM in here!??!?! Son of a bitch!

[img][515:500]http://www.bretmichaels.com/newsprophoto/Bret_BradyQuinn_ClevelandBrowns2.jpg[/img]

G_kinkaid
    • Markshire PCs:

Lookin’ for nuthin’ but a ghey time?

Brak
    • Markshire PCs:

Or perhaps a threesome ?

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

Ben DOES look like Brenda!

Brak
    • Markshire PCs:

long·ing (lôngng, lng-)
    n.
    A strong persistent yearning or desire, especially one that cannot be fulfilled.

Adv. 1. longingly – in a yearning manner; “he spent the rest of the act gazing longingly over my right shoulder at the illuminated word `Exit'”

I find myself endlessly amused by the looks on their faces, definitely some personal space issues for smurf-boy

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

I’ve seen this “longing” you speak of. In a place not too far from San Francisco…

Brak
    • Markshire PCs:

It’s usually how we show affection for 49’er fans, must not be any around….

Or he just bought the last round.

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

Mmhmm.

Brak
    • Markshire PCs:

Didn’t muddy send us a pic of a Rothlisburger fan ? His…biggest fan ?

I dont think we wanna go there.

BeyondThePale
    • Markshire PCs:

*looks at the scoreboard*

*shrug* You and Muddy can post all the pics ya want. I only need this one.

G_kinkaid
    • Markshire PCs:

You guys can gaze at yesterdays scoreboard if you want, I’ll be lookin’ ahead… iffy safetys, glass mlb and all.

*edit* bit of SUPER DUPER!!! Panther news

CHARLOTTE, NC — The Carolina Panthers have signed former French bobsledder and NFL Europa standout linebacker Philippe Gardent. Gardent joins the Panthers …

yes, signing a former bobsledding FRENCHMAN is news… *smears hand down face*

I’m gonna go out on a limb and guess he’s a “high motor” guy that’s a real “team leader” and a”fan favorite”. Scouts have described him as a “cerebral” player with “deceptive speed”….

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 393 total)
  • The topic ‘Time to ramp it up for a new year. – Part I’ is closed to new replies.